Audio Feedback.

Just wanted to say awesome work guys! Sound in this game is easily one of its best qualities. And piety voice actor should get a medal!
IGN Nordes
When put into dual totems, firestorm with cosmetic effect overshadows some sounds. For example, critical hit sounds can almost never be heard, and leveling up (or leveling of a gem) happens without sound.
"
Trenchcoated wrote:
When put into dual totems, firestorm with cosmetic effect overshadows some sounds. For example, critical hit sounds can almost never be heard, and leveling up (or leveling of a gem) happens without sound.

This is to be expected... We currently only have 32ish audio channels available. With all the sounds that play when using fire storm I can see how it cancels out other sounds.

On the plus side, there are some fixes on the way that will stop some audio drop-outs.
The audio guy.
When picked and/or dropped, the Armorer's Scrap makes a "metallic stone" kind of audio. The Blacksmith's Whetstone on the other hand makes a "pebble" sound when toyed around with. Every other orb however, plays the same audio when I tinkered with. Only the Armorer's Scrap and the Blacksmith's Whetstone have their own unique audio, while all the other orbs are stuck with the same sort of sound.

I have this belief that you guys stopped short after recording for these two orbs for some reason.

Then again, I would still love to see some improvement made to this. It isn't such a pressing matter, but considering that most of us tinker with our currency/orbs almost all the time, I would greatly appreciate it if something be done about this particular matter.

I believe that introducing unique sounds to each orb would greatly improve a gamer's experience as the sounds would engage the player and make him much more aware of the items he currently handles. Other than that, it would just make it much more interesting.

I lack any great ideas to share as to what each orb might sound like. I have some "weak" examples of unique sounds for them however. The (Orb of Transmutation) could make a "crunchy" sound as it seems that there are small, hard objects protuding from the item. The (Blessed Orb) could make a "glowing ball" sound as it's also just a golden orb. The (Regal Orb) looks like it's made of hard metal/crystal, so maybe it could make a "metallic rock/glass" kinda sound?

Typically, the sounds the orbs emit would be around "how they would sound if dropped or touched/handled".

I would love to see an improvement in this small little area. Not so small if you think of it. Everyone touches their currency all the time, and I think most of them would wanna hear juicy sounds coming out from their money.

I truly believe that improving this small little segment would greatly improve gameplay experience and would also be one of the most enjoyable changes in PoE.
Last edited by WMBRG on Mar 28, 2013, 3:17:24 AM
"
brswattt wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted, but on act 2 cruel, during the darkness, oak's first dialog does not have audio, but the 2nd one does.

Oh. Its not just Cruel mode. I believe it affects every difficulty. I had the same thing when I started playing hardcore league in act 2 normal.
Permanent Hardcore only.
Really loving the new Freezing Pulse sound (or if its just cold damage compounded with FP). Sounds like a cascading waterfall and feels so much more satisfying :)
Something about how the actors voices sounds, (vendors act3 for example)
I can hear they're inside a room when talking.
Yes, I know it's a minor thing, but it's just something I noticed and felt like I should point out.
Really enjoying the game guys!
"
Arrerboy wrote:
Something about how the actors voices sounds, (vendors act3 for example)
I can hear they're inside a room when talking.
Yes, I know it's a minor thing, but it's just something I noticed and felt like I should point out.
Really enjoying the game guys!

This will be improved once we have reverb tech. then the actors should sound a bit more natural.
The audio guy.
A thought i've had for a while:

I really love the music and i have huge respect to the talents behind it. Most areas have very fitting music that makes the experience very immersive. However, think the game would benefit from music that is a bit less ambient and more exciting in a way. Take for example the music at the Ledge or most of the world areas to be honest. They are very calm, soothing and quite ambient. By just doing a few ledge runs the music puts me in a trance that makes me fall asleep. It would be better to have music that is slightly more uptempo and uses more percussion and drums. Hate to use references like this but take the diablo 2 music for example(http://youtu.be/BODYxesJLVo?t=35s). There is LOTS of percussion and drum beats going on with lots of loud cymbal crashes. It keeps the gameplay engaging and fun. Im not saying change the current music, but for future areas in act4 it would be nice to have something like this.

Whats important to know is where its fitting, some areas need calming ambient music for the mood, while other areas need a bit more action to keep the player engaged :)
Last edited by Stroggoz on Apr 14, 2013, 4:59:21 PM
I like most of the sounds but one thing is a bit disturbing to me - templars cast sounds sound like he is getting hurt...
Songs are like knights. They need to be covered in metal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info