So,why did we nerf AOE again ?

Since obviously its ok for projectile based attacks to still clear 3 screens away in one click... Not sure im seeing the logic.

Thread inspired by mathils current wander. Click once kill 3 screens. Click twice kill "buffed boss HP".

Don't care about nerfs,that's not a thread about nerfs, neither i want nerfs. Just asking what is the logic for AOE nerfs while the projectile atrocity still exists.
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
Kinetic Blast is an area skill. Just saying.
What makes it even funnier is that the pierce rework made things even nicer for projectiles than it was before, since all you really need is a handful of pierces to clear and that's easier to get than 100% chance used to be.

So not only were aoe skills nerfed, projectile skills which surged to the top in 2.6 became even better in 3.0.

But yeah, I agree, the aoe nerf was too far. I get the reasoning behind increasing the area instead of the radius, but GGG didn't come close to compensating the numbers enough when they made the transition, so basically everything but RF was nerfed for even the slightest amount of investment in increased aoe.
#NerfAllProjectiles #NoFunAllowed
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

They took my fun with the AoE though. As i said,i don't want more nerfs. I want logic,which i can't find.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

They took my fun with the AoE though. As i said,i don't want more nerfs. I want logic,which i can't find.

Everything has to be nerfed until nothing is fun anymore.
The only thing that deserves a nerf is barrage. Besides that projectiles are fine, the fact that mathil 1-shots low level content with kinetic blast meants jack-shit. I can do the same with lightning arrow, will you call lightning arrow op and suggest a nerf?
"
golan4840 wrote:
The only thing that deserves a nerf is barrage. Besides that projectiles are fine, the fact that mathil 1-shots low level content with kinetic blast meants jack-shit. I can do the same with lightning arrow, will you call lightning arrow op and suggest a nerf?

-.-

~brings you to her closet shush you
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
golan4840 wrote:

Im not suggesting nerf,im asking why this can farm so fast? And this will happen no matter the content. Projectile builds can do the same up to t15,ESP wanders since their scaling is extreme. Not looking for confrontations,just asking for logical answer as to why AoE isn't allowed to do the same,and got nerfed.

It's not just wander,i only used him as an example.

BTW. I like how some people get defensive though, had to post im against nerfs 10 times per post,but yea....
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 17, 2017, 4:21:26 AM
I see two valid reasons:

1) I'd say performance reasons on server side. Projectiles don't cover nearly as wide area as, for example, blasphemy used to. Nor they hit nearly as many object as AoEs did before.

2) Speaking as player, it's quite deserved nerf. It made game rather boring, because everything that showed on screen died that very same second (quad curse covering whole screen was just ridiculous).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info