[3.3] Cospri's Discharge Pathfinder - still works, easy t16/shaper, w/ videos

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
6combo9 wrote:
Hey i wanna try this build out with assassin, but i think i'll have problems with leech should i swap out firestorm for life leech? thanks in advance!

Only if you use Inya's boots. Firestorm provides a lot of your power charges. But yea, that would have been my idea too, because 100% Vinktars uptime is impossible on Assassin so you need an alternate Leech source.

But just fyi. Pure Assassin is really bad for Discharge since 3.0... Even going Scion and only getting Assassin with no second class is better. As Assassin you won't have the +2% critical strike chance for your discharge, because right before the discharge happens you lose all Power Charges and also lose the +2% crit chance as that only applies while at full power charges. Of course you will get the charges back in an instant, but thats too late. The +1.5% crit chance from the Scion Assassin is much superior. And then you also have the choice between getting 100% Vinktar uptime as Assassin+Pathfinder or becoming reflect immune as Assassin+Elementalist.

Just wanted to point this out before you spend a lot of time leveling an Assassin only to then realize that 3.0 killed Discharge Assassin :D

so what is the best choice? going pathfinder or scion? but i think it wont feel good without the leech gem because what if i dont have my vinktars up?
"
6combo9 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
6combo9 wrote:
Hey i wanna try this build out with assassin, but i think i'll have problems with leech should i swap out firestorm for life leech? thanks in advance!

Only if you use Inya's boots. Firestorm provides a lot of your power charges. But yea, that would have been my idea too, because 100% Vinktars uptime is impossible on Assassin so you need an alternate Leech source.

But just fyi. Pure Assassin is really bad for Discharge since 3.0... Even going Scion and only getting Assassin with no second class is better. As Assassin you won't have the +2% critical strike chance for your discharge, because right before the discharge happens you lose all Power Charges and also lose the +2% crit chance as that only applies while at full power charges. Of course you will get the charges back in an instant, but thats too late. The +1.5% crit chance from the Scion Assassin is much superior. And then you also have the choice between getting 100% Vinktar uptime as Assassin+Pathfinder or becoming reflect immune as Assassin+Elementalist.

Just wanted to point this out before you spend a lot of time leveling an Assassin only to then realize that 3.0 killed Discharge Assassin :D

so what is the best choice? going pathfinder or scion? but i think it wont feel good without the leech gem because what if i dont have my vinktars up?

As a pathfinder you will have 100% Vinktar uptime. I am building a Pathfinder+Assassin Scion and have very close to 100% uptime. Currenty I think the best 3 options are:

Pathfinder: Easy to get 100% uptime on all the flasks, fast, less damage because it really struggles to get high crit. Might have to use Choir of the Storm instead of Voll's Devotion to get enough crit, meaning it loses 4 Endurance charges aka ~20% of the damage of our Discharges

Assassin+Elementalist: Really save option as it is reflect immune. Has to run Blasphemy+Warlords Mark to leech as Vinktar uptime will be below 50%. Can run Voll's Devotion.

Assassin+Pathfinder: The one I am building atm. So far it is looking great. Should on paper be the highest damage potential of the three as it can achieve 100% Vinktar uptime and wear Voll's Devotion at the same time. So all mana is free to be reserved by what we need. Currently I am running Blasphemy+Enfeeble and Arctic Armour because I have really low life. But that will change as pretty much all future levels will go into %life nodes. Then I could run Ele. Weakness for a massive damage boost and Grace for better Evasion. You can take a look at my character if you want. Still uber lab missing, with that the tree will change a little bit as I get the Ranger start point.

Take all the above with a grain of salt, I was pretty new to Discharge, read the different guides and comments. Then decided to mix the guides into what I am currently doing.

EDIT: Forgot a huge upside of Pathfinder: Immunity to Freeze, Shock and Bleeding. If you are not Pathfinder you have to run a Shock removal flask. I have that on my Diamond. As I run a Silver Flask instead of a Taste of Hate I then need to decide: Bleed removal or Freeze removal. Whenever I die from one of those I think that one is obviously the worse one. Meaning I keep switching :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Aug 29, 2017, 4:45:53 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:

Spoiler
"
fatamerikan wrote:

I can't tell w/o testing, i gonna get myself a voll's neck asap and test it. Discharge mechanic is quite complicated to win the game on paper. I'm not that exited about voll's amulet because i miss crit chance already, and loosing another 83% would be crucial.

Mhh, thats true. Had not considered that. And less crit also means even less Vinktar uptime if you are already struggling. But I was wondering, while your Boots enchant is great, maybe switch to 0.6% of damage leeched if you have killed recently? At least for general clearing and map bosses (those have adds pretty much all the time). Then you would have 1% life leeched. That might be enough to not have massive problems when your vinktar goes down for a little while during mapping.

I am currently wondering if Ele. Focus on the 3link Discharge in Cospri is the best choice. Would that not mean I have less chills on enemies and then the 60% crit. bonus from Cospri does not work? I know, there is still the cold damage dealt by Shield Charge, but is that enough to chill? Maybe I should replace Ele Focus with Contr. Destruction?

Y, leech enchant on boots would work for maps, could be also warlord mark/health pot
"
philophil wrote:
"
fatamerikan wrote:

To philophil, u DON'T have 9 aps. The mininum of 5 is enough ONLY if u'd have 100% crit and 100% hit, u don't.

I'll try to post feedback about voll's asap, don't get me wrong boys.

can u pls look at fact

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cyclone

CYCLONE DEAL AREA DMG TWICE PER SPIN

so yes i do have over 9 HITS per sec on a target with cyclone

also this shaper run is enough to show u that even after the ES nerf im at 7.4K n still doing insane dmg n not being at SUB 5K like LANGGG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2gSh-Mm-U

Cyclone is affected by both hit% and crit%. From what i tested optimal setup is 90% hit, 6+ aps, 85-90% crit. Take it as an opinion, please. And, yes, i don't wanna take seriously melee ES builds in 3.0.
And u dont have more damage than asian bro:
https://youtu.be/vQMseLFt9Uo
ok thats it lol

linking 2.6 stuff with 7 PC n un nerfed Choir+ a RF that use to give 59% MORE LMAO really!!!!
And unlike ur asian retard my build are not full paper so i don't hide my number, don't expect him to have more then 4.5K life on that video lol.

ill let u test ur unoptimized setup

I had the boots DAY 1 of 3.0.0 iv done plenty of test between voll's n Choir u can say what u want. first u won't reach ur 85-90% Crit on cyclone, also even at max charge Choir is too much less dmg then a potentially 5 endurance charge +6 Power charge setup.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Aug 29, 2017, 4:51:34 PM
"
philophil wrote:
ok thats it lol

linking 2.6 stuff with 7 PC n un nerfed Choir+ a RF that use to give 59% MORE LMAO really!!!!
And unlike ur asian retard my build are not full paper so i don't hide my number, don't expect him to have more then 4.5K life on that video lol.

I had the boots DAY 1 of 3.0.0 iv done plenty of test between voll's n Choir u can say what u want. first u won't reach ur 85-90% Crit on cyclone, also even at max charge Choir is too much less dmg then a potentially 5 endurance charge +6 Power charge setup.

While I agree on the Choir vs. Voll's point, you really should remember that you would not be able to get anywhere close to your current ES number in the league. 580 ES shields and 440 ES helmets don't exist. 4.5-5k life is the absolute most any high damage Discharge build will be able to get on league. Could of course go higher if some damage passives and jewel damage mods are sacrificed for life.

Even for that low amount of life I will need to use Lycosidae+high life rare gloves instead of a spell damage+spell crit shield and Shapers Touch. Crit. Chance will of course go up with Lycosidae, but I will lose the spell damage.
Last edited by Mecielle on Aug 29, 2017, 5:03:48 PM
"
philophil wrote:
ok thats it lol

Idk where all this pretentiousness comes from, maybe i missed something. You haven't replied to ES leech issue in 3.0, so... whatever is the point of having 7.5k, no idea.

General info from my "retarded" asian how to ramp up cospri's discharge damage (posting it for everyone whoever is interested, not for you only, dear philophil))

In order of importance:

1.Reach soft cap on cyclone. That is a balance of hit% + crit% + attacks per second (or just effective crit and aps).

2.Reach crit soft cap on discharge (socketed in cospri's).
Ideal value of effective crit(means including diamond flask) - 95%, going beyond that is absolutely pointless.

3.After having these two ^ you may invest into regular damage mods.
Crit multi will be better than spell damage, nearly always.

About values for soft cap on cyclone. Let's say you hit 4times per second with effective crit chance of 50%. That provides ROUGHLY 2 crits per second, and you will have 1000 crits in 500 seconds, but u may not have 10 crits in 5sec. Ofc u want more than 4 crits/second for cospri's.

And again. Cyclone hits twice per spin, yes. But crit is calculated once per cast, so the math is different, and for cospri's 4aps tooltip in cyclone doesn't mean 8aps in reality.
Last edited by fatamerikan on Aug 29, 2017, 7:10:58 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Spoiler
"
philophil wrote:
ok thats it lol

While I agree on the Choir vs. Voll's point, you really should remember that you would not be able to get anywhere close to your current ES number in the league. 580 ES shields and 440 ES helmets don't exist. 4.5-5k life is the absolute most any high damage Discharge build will be able to get on league. Could of course go higher if some damage passives and jewel damage mods are sacrificed for life.

Even for that low amount of life I will need to use Lycosidae+high life rare gloves instead of a spell damage+spell crit shield and Shapers Touch. Crit. Chance will of course go up with Lycosidae, but I will lose the spell damage.

Lycosidae is potentianly very good in this crit-lacking age.
why would i comment on the ES leech shit LOL im mapping with fucking RUMI so im perma max block everytime leech isn't a issue at all the only time its a issue its when u want to use RF u have to be very careful, n i only use it vs shaper.

Again with all ur stuff u still avoided my talk about linking 2.6.0 stuff GJ GENIUS.

U really think that i don't know how important it is to get proc cap n such n that ive not calculated the amount of charge im generating????

listen according to ur so call (math) id proc with cyclone only 2 time per sec, so i think something is wrong don't u think????

About my build, YES i know its not doable in league im just saying THAT VOLL AMULET IS NOW THE BEST AMULET TO USE. Thats all i wanted to say first if u go back in the post u will see, its the reason why we argued n u always pointed out other stuff but never answered the fact that i was takling about everytime.

Have u watch the video till the end??? i think i have great dmg don't u think ??? OFC i can do like ur asian fuckboi n go full retard n go for 5K ES n invest all in DMG but whats the point??? id rather have something abit more balanced. Also have u look at my jewel LMAO, i think i know exactly how crit multi is important LOL.

Anyway for everything ive said i have video proof where u can analyse frame by frame to see that yes i reach the 4-5 proc per sec. Ive analysed my videon u can see that after 1 sec once COC proc firestorm n BV my proc rate become 4-5 discharge per SEC ive analysed my video 5 time with different instance to rull out lucky crit streak.

Also looking foward to ur Asian posting discharge stuff in 3.0 so we can compare ofc he will hide is ES or life, if need be remember that i can do the same go full retard on dmg like him but i rather not because its not all about the dmg but also how viable the build is ( like 5K ES in 2.6.0 LUL) . For ur info ive lvled from 97 to 99 so yeah ur leech issue is not a poroblem at all when ur MAX BLOCK.

From there if u still want to go for Choir then its ur choice i cannot change it but at least FACTS are there so enjoy ur league.
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Aug 29, 2017, 8:52:58 PM
Spoiler
"

General info from my "retarded" asian how to ramp up cospri's discharge damage (posting it for everyone whoever is interested, NOT FOR YOU ONLY, dear philophil))

You said you think that voll's amulet is best atm. I got it, mate. Thx for info.
Last edited by fatamerikan on Aug 29, 2017, 9:01:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info