[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

"
Blakwhysper wrote:
use a belly of the beast with cyclone - life gain on hit - curse on hit - vulnerability - maim (or blind)

Wish I had read the last part of this, for some reason took the post at face value with the impresence... should be fixed ffs so less people actually follow the guide

at least take this guide out of the 3.8 build list

It's not broken. It just needs some refocusing. The general principle works fine and I didn't have any big issues aside from getting the best gear/enchants I needed the last time I played it. It wasn't "End Game, All Content" in that particular instance for me, but it probably could have been. (I'm no pro PoE player - I play for fun. :)) But, I was mapping fine at my own pace as well as running Labs using the 3.1/3.2 build. There have probably been some changes since then, though.

I transitioned this build to the one above by Furty because the tree differences didn't make the respec too expensive. I'm running Cyclone and Ancestral Warchief with no big issues. (Just a bit squishy until I get my Belly and a few other things. I'll try to run it without the Kaom's and keep the Ancestral Warchief for as long as I can, just to see if it works decently.)
I have reverted the blasphemy, vulnerability Impressence change I did for 3.8. It is not working as I intended it to.

In practicality, this means you have to self-cast vulnerability (only worth it for boss fights) and stick to the Bloodgrip amulet, or alternatively get yourself a strong rare amulet.

My computer died 10 days ago and I haven't been able to open PoB until now, sorry about the long response time. I appreciate the sober tone.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
nogglebeak wrote:
"
Mortal conviction makes it so you can only have one aura though?

The guide is wrong and half-assed to go back to the top of the page to generate YT and twitch views. He looked at it for 5 minutes. There's a reason there's no followup.

Could you point out to me what you think is half-assed about it? If so let's correct that.

Also, I don't need it to generate views for my channels, they are doing fine. Great analysis though.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
First of all thanks Bro for the build!
It's my preferred leaguestarter for the past leaques.
It's cheap, tanky, reliable and no fancy mechanics involved.

One question: why does endurance charge on stun not work on leap slam?
I thought I saw stun animations on enemies when leaping into them?
"
I have reverted the blasphemy, vulnerability Impressence change I did for 3.8. It is not working as I intended it to.

In practicality, this means you have to self-cast vulnerability (only worth it for boss fights) and stick to the Bloodgrip amulet, or alternatively get yourself a strong rare amulet.

My computer died 10 days ago and I haven't been able to open PoB until now, sorry about the long response time. I appreciate the sober tone.

Thanks you for doing that!

And, just to let you know - You are not the only well-known builder that made a slight error on their build. The builder who's build I transitioned to forgot or ignored some new changes to certain key affixes that came with 3.8 which hampers their build a little bit, requiring a change. But, they have yet to make those changes/notes to their build. As it is, there are things listed there that one can no longer acquire.

This is becoming a tiny bit more common, I think, simply due to the fact that people change... They get a new focus or start working on other things and rely on their current pool of knowledge on a deeply studied subject "to be enough" when they need it. Well... it's not. It just isn't what real-life teaches any of us - We all have to be updated else we're just not up to date, even in our professional careers and studies. Our interests change focus, too. Nobody can always and forever be dedicated to "just that one thing" with full enthusiasm. (Spouses and kids are the exception. And, maybe sports teams. Or having certain vernereal diseases and such... or something. :))

Anyway, you're a great Builder and I thank you for coming back and updating your build properly to reflect the needed changes! I always watch your League Build YT vids as well.

(This build is a great, reliable, steady, capable, build as always. :))
Hey, i would like to get Soul of Steel in this build since it's so close. Are there any recommended nodes i can drop?
Last edited by highwind123 on Sep 24, 2019, 9:08:15 PM
"
highwind123 wrote:
Hey, i would like to get Soul of Steel in this build since it's so close. Are there any recommended nodes i can drop?

I don't know if you'd want to dump Passives for that.

Have you looked at the Amulet Annointings/Oil recipes and what they can do? And, they'll work on Unique Amulets, too. (I was very surprised about that!)

From:https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d0e5tz/blight_oil_passives_recipes_in_a_spreadsheet_with/

In a nice spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-7JMc6ux0jSblGbQsV0qB1f2mNdVz1XqODMkLqMoShw/edit#gid=1268010499

If you "need" that extra mitigation, I'd look at the Oils first before taking too much off the Tree. You can pick up the Diamond Skin passive for cheap, for example, and keep your points. :)
I have of course but it requires 3 golds which imo is way too expensive when it's only 4 passive points away.
delete
Last edited by DanO1960 on Sep 27, 2019, 11:33:41 PM
Mobility & Aura

- Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Culling Strike & Pride. DELETE

-Pride-War banner-inc area

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info