[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

Correct me if I am wrong, but Impale doesnt work with totems because they are not "you" ?

Or is it just the Master of Metal node they do not work with ?
"
Magzma wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but Impale doesnt work with totems because they are not "you" ?

How come YOU taunt works on totems? In my tiny brain impale must work.

I plan on going 1H+shield for more defence and +1 totem. Full impale. If dont work then easy to respec to 2H sword
I am not sure as I am only going off forum posts, but I looked into it further and it seems the 20% impale chance works, but none of the other bonuses work.
"
Magzma wrote:
I am not sure as I am only going off forum posts, but I looked into it further and it seems the 20% impale chance works, but none of the other bonuses work.

But 90% and 18,9% of phy dage in next 5 hit. With 4 totems i belive that to be allways5 impale on an enemy. I just think impale 90% change might be better than ruthless.

But icant testanything until 29 june :( i am workingon a boat with no gamng net or a pc.

My plan is to full invest in to fortifyand impale. Kinda like 30 % redused dam from hits.

I also fear swords will be expensive. But i will see when i get home.

Leveling was kinda bad with sunder (3-4 link with said setup)

Once i got Ancestral bond, i bought ASAP a Rigwald’s Charge. That was really much better and even more with Kondo, kitava act 10 was ez.
And i have just done my uber lab with 3700 life and 17000 tooltips dps. (Tabula + kondo) also swapped a bit the pots setup until i can afford Lion’s Roar.

With the last ascendencies and Perseverence Belt, tooltips jumped to 24000. Still miss few passive on my tree but i’m definitly uberlab spam ready.

Oh god, starforge will be mine.
"
Leveling was kinda bad with sunder (3-4 link with said setup)

Once i got Ancestral bond, i bought ASAP a Rigwald’s Charge. That was really much better and even more with Kondo, kitava act 10 was ez.
And i have just done my uber lab with 3700 life and 17000 tooltips dps. (Tabula + kondo) also swapped a bit the pots setup until i can afford Lion’s Roar.

With the last ascendencies and Perseverence Belt, tooltips jumped to 24000. Still miss few passive on my tree but i’m definitly uberlab spam ready.

Oh god, starforge will be mine.

I never level with sunder, it's too slow and limited in range. I would recommend Molten Strike with ancestral call and all of the gems you gather for ancestral warchief. If you want to spend, an added fire damage will also work wonders until the moment you get to level 70 or so, and only if you already have a six-link Starforge.
"
Vegacius wrote:
"
Magzma wrote:

I plan on going 1H+shield for more defence and +1 totem. Full impale. If dont work then easy to respec to 2H sword

I don't know how the new balance would work with that, but before 3.7 the stats showed champion was best for a Starforge Ancestral Warchief build, and only as that. The shield approach was much better for Berserkers and Chieftains, and since the rebalance, winner is Chieftains.

Also, this:

"It seems there is a current lack of interaction between melee totems and the impale mechanic... Currently with dread banner your totems do not receive the 20% change to impale and as such cannot charge the banner. Currently with Master of Metal does not give your totems 20% chance to impale, meaning you cannot gain the 1000+ armour of the flat phys."

Yet, there are even builds worked on the assumption impale DOES work for totems... I don't know...
Last edited by Jedijax on Jun 9, 2019, 4:34:37 PM
I must be mis-remembering. Didn't when you have the Fortify Ascendancy Point your totems have it too like they had the fortify symbol on them when you placed them down? Like if you used the fortify gem on them. Because mine don't have it.
"
Rebur wrote:
I must be mis-remembering. Didn't when you have the Fortify Ascendancy Point your totems have it too like they had the fortify symbol on them when you placed them down? Like if you used the fortify gem on them. Because mine don't have it.

If you have the belt ( you have ounslought when you have fortify and u gain fortify 4 sec when stund an enemy ) that belt gived totems fortify from time to time. Or els u have to use fortify support
"
Jedijax wrote:
"
Vegacius wrote:
"
Magzma wrote:

I don't know how the new balance would work with that, but before 3.7 the stats showed champion was best for a Starforge Ancestral Warchief build, and only as that. The shield approach was much better for Berserkers and Chieftains, and since the rebalance, winner is Chieftains.

Also, this:

"It seems there is a current lack of interaction between melee totems and the impale mechanic... Currently with dread banner your totems do not receive the 20% change to impale and as such cannot charge the banner. Currently with Master of Metal does not give your totems 20% chance to impale, meaning you cannot gain the 1000+ armour of the flat phys."

Yet, there are even builds worked on the assumption impale DOES work for totems... I don't know...

The 20% impale seems to work, just nothing else, no armour or phys increase. It also wont charge your banner, but I can see the impales.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info