Atlas DON'T work proof!!!

"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's impossible to prove a positive (that it works as advertised), but you could disprove it by getting a level 1 from a blue mob or boss.
But I think before atlas there was already option to get +1 map from blue and +2 from boss.

There is. But you now have a guarantee of it.

You really shouldn't be trying to prove or disprove something you have little understanding of.

You're confusing the issue of raising the cap with raising the level of a drop.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 15, 2017, 2:02:43 PM
I also don't know if T1 is the right test subject, since it may have a special caveat that allows T1s to continue to drop for repeat farming.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's impossible to prove a positive (that it works as advertised), but you could disprove it by getting a level 1 from a blue mob or boss.
But I think before atlas there was already option to get +1 map from blue and +2 from boss.

There is. But you now have a guarantee of it.

You really shouldn't be trying to prove or disprove something you have little understanding of.

You're confusing the issue of raising the cap with raising the level of a drop.
I just don't like to be fooled and risk life doing atlas for nothing. That's why I looking for proof.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
I also don't know if T1 is the right test subject, since it may have a special caveat that allows T1s to continue to drop for repeat farming.
Now I know that you are probably right.
Your Atlas bonus doesn't suddenly allow mobs to start dropping maps whose tier is outside of their possible drop range. A white mob in a Tier 1 map can ONLY drop Tier 1 maps. Blue mobs, regardless of your Atlas bonus can only drop up to 1 tier higher. If you have over 100% then Blue mobs should only be dropping tier 2 maps in a Tier 1 map. The system is not that complicated, but instead of trying to understand, it's probably better to just raaaaaage right?
U MAD?
Run t2 and look for t1.
"
ladish wrote:
Run t2 and look for t1.
yea maybe this the only option.
"
ladish wrote:
Run t2 and look for t1.

Yeah if that would happen, that would proof it.

I think the code itself works. But the mechanics not so much. Because challenges and pantheons and shaper orbs force us to complete maps that I do not want to complete. Thus you lose freedom. And the Atlas was designed to give us just that. But in the end I feel like I got virtually none.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
I have atlas at 123%. Just did for fun tier:1 map. Guess what dropped. tier:1 map!!! It not suppose to be possible right?

I don't think you understand how probability works. 123% greater chance of something that's say 100 in 1000 is going to be 223 in 1000, not 1000 in 1000 chances.

But we're starting with two things. Say 1 in 20 chance to get a map drop, and when it drops you have a greater chance to get the next level map by an increased 123%.

If it meant 100% chance, then anything after 100% would be useless. It's modifying the chance by increasing it, not replacing it.

I dont think you understand how the atlas bonus works.

The bonus is a flat chance to upgrade a map that was already determined to drop. There isnt some "100 in 1000" built in chance for the map tier to upgrade that the atlas bonus works on.

The game determines what map tier will drop, The atlas bonus is a flat % chance for that map to be upgraded by 1 tier up to 100%. Anything over 100% is a chance to be upgraded by 2 tiers. This following map tier drop restrictions based on the mob dropping. (a white mob not able to drop a map higher than its tier, blue can get a +1 and rare/unique a +2)

So with a 123% chance that a white mob in a t10 map drops a t8 map, it is Guaranteed to be at least T9, with a 23% chance to be T10. However if that same white mob dropped a T10 map, it would stay T10.

The reason a tier 1 map dropped with a 123% chance, was because a white t1 mob can drop no higher, as has been mentioned already.

A better test is what ladish said, Run a T2 map with over 100% or greater atlas bonus and you will never get a t1 map drop.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
I have atlas at 123%. Just did for fun tier:1 map. Guess what dropped. tier:1 map!!! It not suppose to be possible right?

I don't think you understand how probability works. 123% greater chance of something that's say 100 in 1000 is going to be 223 in 1000, not 1000 in 1000 chances.

But we're starting with two things. Say 1 in 20 chance to get a map drop, and when it drops you have a greater chance to get the next level map by an increased 123%.

If it meant 100% chance, then anything after 100% would be useless. It's modifying the chance by increasing it, not replacing it.

That is not how it works in this case. Go into a T2 map with over 100% atlas bonus and no T1 map will drop ever.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info