Atlas DON'T work proof!!!

"
Kastmar wrote:
I have atlas at 123%. Just did for fun tier:1 map. Guess what dropped. tier:1 map!!! It not suppose to be possible right?

According to this it not suppose to be possible.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1926945
I got this from one fellow.

"So the proof of that working you are asking is quite simple. Go and run t1 maps, as many as possible, you will never get a t1 drop back, only t2+, this proves that the atlas bonus works. Its just that you misunderstood or hoped it worked differently."

Your revelations always sound like "world's greatest tin-foil confirmed".
Seriously.
Read about the mechanics of the Atlas before placing yourself to "whole forum shame".

Detailed Atlas Mechanics

I'll save you a lot of time.
TL;DR
Tier 1 maps would always drop, despite anything (even 126% bonus), so that you can always "re-make" your Atlas.
Tier 1 is a separate category of map drops.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
"
ladish wrote:
Run t2 and look for t1.

Yeah if that would happen, that would proof it.

I think the code itself works. But the mechanics not so much. Because challenges and pantheons and shaper orbs force us to complete maps that I do not want to complete. Thus you lose freedom. And the Atlas was designed to give us just that. But in the end I feel like I got virtually none.

You can always uncomplete maps with Master Cartographer's Seal
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Last edited by zagibu on Aug 15, 2017, 2:38:18 PM
Thank you all. So ONLY the way how to prove it, is to run T2 maps and I should never get T1. Maybe I'll try it one day. :-)
"

Correct, I didn't. I deleted my post around the same time you posted this.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 15, 2017, 2:50:36 PM
"
Kastmar wrote:
Thank you all. So ONLY the way how to prove it, is to run T2 maps and I should never get T1. Maybe I'll try it one day. :-)

According to the link in HarukaTeno's post, T1 maps can always drop. But you can still test it on magic and rare monsters in T2, they should never drop T2 maps if you have 100% or more atlas bonus, because it will have to be chosen from this list:
- Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).
- Maps that are connected to the one you're playing on the Atlas.
- Tier 1 maps.

Apparently, when the last one is chosen, it won't be affected by monster or atlas bonus. But if a T1 map is chosen from the first two choices, the monster bonus will make sure it's T2 instead, and your atlas bonus will upgrade it at least one level more to T3.

So in a T2 map, magic or rare monsters should never be able to drop T2 maps with an atlas bonus of 100% or more.
Last edited by zagibu on Aug 15, 2017, 3:14:30 PM
"
zagibu wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:

According to the link in HarukaTeno's post, T1 maps can always drop. But you can still test it on magic and rare monsters in T2, they should never drop T2 maps if you have 100% or more atlas bonus, because it will have to be chosen from this list:
- Maps you've previously completed in this league (including on other characters).
- Maps that are connected to the one you're playing on the Atlas.
- Tier 1 maps.

Apparently, when the last one is chosen, it won't be affected by monster or atlas bonus. But if a T1 map is chosen from the first two choices, the monster bonus will make sure it's T2 instead, and your atlas bonus will upgrade it at least one level more to T3.

So in a T2 map, magic or rare monsters should never be able to drop T2 maps with an atlas bonus of 100% or more.
I will try it for sure. Thank you.
"
zagibu wrote:

I couldn't find anything that saying T1 can always drop.
T1 can of course always drop from normal monsters that are on T1 maps or in the core game, but on a T2 map and higher, T1 maps should not ever drop, regardless whether it's from a normal monster or magic, rare, unique.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
zagibu wrote:

T1 can of course always drop from normal monsters that are on T1 maps or in the core game, but on a T2 map and higher, T1 maps should not ever drop, regardless whether it's from a normal monster or magic, rare, unique.

Well, they explicitly listed T1 maps separately here, which probably means they are treated separately. It's true though that it doesn't say they aren't affected by the bonuses, but since OP got one with over 100% atlas bonus, it's safe to assume this is the case.
Last edited by zagibu on Aug 15, 2017, 3:28:49 PM
"
zagibu wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
zagibu wrote:

Well, they explicitly listed T1 maps separately here, which probably means they are treated separately. It's true though that it doesn't say they aren't affected by the bonuses, but since OP got one with over 100% atlas bonus, it's safe to assume this is the case.

no theres no exception for them, theyre effected by the atlas bonus. The reason they still drop in T1 maps, as already mentioned earlier, is that a white mob in a map cannot drop a map of a higher tier than the current area. Ill explain it again cause sometimes just hearing it worded differently can make it click. The atlas bonus cannot over ride a monsters hard cap on the tier it can drop. A boss can drop a +2 map, if you have 100% atlas bonus that doesnt mean when the boss would normally drop a +2 it now drops a +3, it cannot ever drop a +3, so it will remain a +2. If the boss was going to drop a +1, then it becomes a +2, it can only upgrade to the monsters cap. A white mob in a map cannot drop a +lvl map, if you are in a t1 map and a white mob drops a map it can only be a t1 map. The atlas bonus applies, but its like being capped on crit chance or resist, you can keep on getting more and more crit or resist but it will never shift you over the cap. You can put on an item with +1000% lightning resist, if you are capped at 75% it will stay 75%, its not increasing your maximum resist cap. Atlas bonus doesnt increase a mobs maximum map drop cap.

The reason it mentions T1 maps on that page is that its explaining if you run a T1 jungle valley that you can still drop all the other T1 maps from the other corners even though they are not joined to jungle valley and you have not previously played them. They are still effected by the atlas bonus so if you have 100% bonus and you play a map above Tier 1 then any T1 map that drops will always be upgraded to one of the T2 maps you have completed on your atlas, or that is directly joined to the current map you are playing.

Ive run 1000s of maps in standard since the atlas, Ive never played a T1 map and Ive never dropped a T1 map. I pick up all maps and vendor them up to higher tiers, and the only time I have T1 maps in the pile is when Ive gone to a static quest zone like dried lake and found a carto box or had a random drop from a mob in a non map quest zone. T1 maps literally never drop in maps higher than T1 once you have 100%+ atlas bonus. I can be virtually certain of that, Ive found 1000s of maps in all of the tiers and no T1 maps.
Really should change this misleading subject. Change "DON'T" to "might not" and delete "PROOF". Oh... and quit using all caps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info