[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

Great build! I could use some advice on my gear because I'm dying a lot on T12+ maps. Maybe I just suck but I would appreciate some guidance, I often get one shot and it feels like i really need 2 more life flasks, which ain't gonna happen. I am currently saving my currency to buy/or craft 6L carcass. But it's a fun build whatsoever, great job.

I didn't have much currency so this is the best I could do, for now at least.

Thanks in advance!
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
miosa wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
get a 21/20 Glacial Cascade. Another ~10% more damage.

thx
i want but cant=\ no one sell it and i cant vaal it=\

What league are you playing? Because in Harbinger Sorftcore there are many 20/21 Glacial Cascades for sale. Starting at 3ex.

if you check my items or profile you can see that Hardcore Harbringer-_-

sometimes i think "why am i playing at hc league the GOD
[EU\RU-Realms] HCL Uber Lab Carry
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1968091
Last edited by miosa on Sep 23, 2017, 4:58:15 AM
Even though most people would call this a league starter I chose GC mines this late into the league with a ton a currency available trying to min/max what I can. I hope you guys can help me, there is not a lot of support for this build out there...

Here is my situation:

I run the tremor rod minus kaoms roots, mainly because mapping becomes much smoother and you don't need to sink 20ex into a good dagger/shield combo.
All the variants of the build I have tested get about the same numbers regarding life/mana but the damage varies quite a lot.
The PoB link posted by Windz perplexes me a little, just by changing the Inc CritStrikes to an Ele Focus you get 15k average damage, a little less with controlled destruction. Am I missing something or is this just an oversight? I can see the need to crit more to trigger "shocked" but the nerf regarding the ailment means the numbers are probably on the side of Ele Focus.

I also got the issue of going full blind or split nodes after explosives expert, the latter having higher boss dps. Is the blind worth the 5-10k average dps? Not using Kaoms roots of course.
"
umm0n wrote:
"
Teyo wrote:
Heres my current gear:

DPS Tooltip in hideout is only
23k inc aoe
35k conc

Looking for reasons on why my dps is so low?

You have no crit multiplier on gear (you can get it on dagger, amulet, ring), no/bad jewels in your tree and your spell damage is lowish too (shield, gloves, amu, dagger). Replace your Dragon Shard jewel with either Clear Mind jewel (you are using Essence Worm) or rare jewel with crit MULTIPLIER (check OP for other stats to look after). Get more of such jewels (3+). Level your damage gems to lvl20 and get a lvl21 gc. Your conc effect has 0% quality.

I dunno if it showed all my stuff right but I already had clear mind and the dragon shard gem.

Here is my current POB
http://poeurl.com/bzcM
"
Even though most people would call this a league starter I chose GC mines this late into the league with a ton a currency available trying to min/max what I can. I hope you guys can help me, there is not a lot of support for this build out there...

Here is my situation:

I run the tremor rod minus kaoms roots, mainly because mapping becomes much smoother and you don't need to sink 20ex into a good dagger/shield combo.
All the variants of the build I have tested get about the same numbers regarding life/mana but the damage varies quite a lot.
The PoB link posted by Windz perplexes me a little, just by changing the Inc CritStrikes to an Ele Focus you get 15k average damage, a little less with controlled destruction. Am I missing something or is this just an oversight? I can see the need to crit more to trigger "shocked" but the nerf regarding the ailment means the numbers are probably on the side of Ele Focus.

I also got the issue of going full blind or split nodes after explosives expert, the latter having higher boss dps. Is the blind worth the 5-10k average dps? Not using Kaoms roots of course.

Well, first to the issue of blind: It doen's work with mines. So definitely go for the two small nodes. Well, the "25%chance to crate a smoke cloud when hit" works, but isnt worth it.

Second: Your crit multi has to be pretty low if you get that much more damage from ele. focus. My endgame PoB has them on roughly the same damage. But sure, if you feel you need to get more damage, change crit strikes for ele focus and conc effect for aoe for the boss fights. I would never swap crit strikes for ele focus while mapping though. The freezes keep me alive most of the time.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 22, 2017, 8:33:42 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"

Here is my situation:

Well, first to the issue of blind: It doen's work with mines. So definitely go for the two small nodes. Well, the "25%chance to crate a smoke cloud when hit" works, but isnt worth it.

Second: Your crit multi has to be pretty low if you get that much more damage from ele. focus. My endgame PoB has them on roughly the same damage. But sure, if you feel you need to get more damage, change crit strikes for ele focus and conc effect for aoe for the boss fights. I would never swap crit strikes for ele focus while mapping though. The freezes keep me alive most of the time.

Like I mentioned, it's not my PoB it's Windz, altough mine gets the same numbers.
Could you maybe be so nice and post your PoB? Maybe I could tweak my tree a little.
"
"
Mecielle wrote:

Like I mentioned, it's not my PoB it's Windz, altough mine gets the same numbers.
Could you maybe be so nice and post your PoB? Maybe I could tweak my tree a little.

Went to export my PoB and tested again. Must have remembered it wrong, the difference is actually bigger than I thought. Had it in my head that yes, ele. focus is more damage than crit strikes but not enough to make it worth changing it for boss fights. Maybe I was thinking about controlled destruction, there the damage difference is so small changing it doesn't make sense.

But you are right, changing both aoe and crit strikes for conc effect and ele focus before bossfights seems to be worth it.

Except if we are both missing something here :D Windz regularly checks in to answer questions and maybe he can confirm if it is an oversight to not use ele. focus or if it is by design.

Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 23, 2017, 7:05:45 AM
So currently trying to complete every atlas bonus, pretty much RIP to every single boss past t13. For example Springs, just can't sustain enuff flaks to dodge his constant leap and the ancient totems.

41k with conc
5k hp and 1900 mana
1 hit and pretty much dead

Am i missing something?

Last edited by Teyo on Sep 23, 2017, 7:37:02 AM
"
Teyo wrote:
So currently trying to complete every atlas bonus, pretty much RIP to every single boss past t13. For example Springs, just can't sustain enuff flaks to dodge his constant leap and the ancient totems.

41k with conc
5k hp and 1900 mana
1 hit and pretty much dead

Am i missing something?

You must be missing something (resistances?). Or playing the build wrong. As in not staying far away from the boss and letting your mines kill him from a distance. Pretty much every boss in the game is easy with this build, normal map bosses up to T15 die in one second. Here is how I handle common map bosses:

Run to edge of aggrorange. Drop Spell Totem. Run close enough that mines that I drop will hit the boss. Pop Vaal Clarity. Pop damage flasks. Spam mines until boss is dead, usually 1-2 seconds.

I gotta say, outside of Barrage builds not many other builds in the game have this much single target burst damage.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 23, 2017, 10:08:12 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
"
Mecielle wrote:

Went to export my PoB and tested again. Must have remembered it wrong, the difference is actually bigger than I thought. Had it in my head that yes, ele. focus is more damage than crit strikes but not enough to make it worth changing it for boss fights. Maybe I was thinking about controlled destruction, there the damage difference is so small changing it doesn't make sense.

But you are right, changing both aoe and crit strikes for conc effect and ele focus before bossfights seems to be worth it.

Except if we are both missing something here :D Windz regularly checks in to answer questions and maybe he can confirm if it is an oversight to not use ele. focus or if it is by design.

yeah ele focus is prob better for bosses but i prefer crit for mapping (shatter/shock if u have light dmg)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info