[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

Alright, how do I progress with my gear now?

I've got clear mind jewel that I'm using + I've got two more waiting for slot(5 levels more needed) with 8% inc dmg/11% inc aoe and 2nd one is 15% inc mine dmg/13% inc crit but I think I should get life/mine/crit multi on both, right?
Also, 21/20 GC is like 250c so that has to wait. I can either buy 20/20 or 21/0 GC.
So, has anybody tested the build with Tremor Rod? Because as I see it the Shield Charge will be VERY slow either way so a Quicksilver should be as fast if not faster. So the only things we give up are the stats from dagger and shield.

I know that if I spend 8ex each on a dagger and a shield that those will be better than Tremor Rod. But how about "normal" items. Like some spell damage on the dagger and 90% spell crit on shield.

I am mainly asking because when I last played mines, Tremor Rod was such a huge QoL buff. It increased clear speed by a ton and single target was at most insignificantly lower.

So anyone tried it? And what changes should be made to the tree?
"
Mecielle wrote:
So, has anybody tested the build with Tremor Rod? Because as I see it the Shield Charge will be VERY slow either way so a Quicksilver should be as fast if not faster. So the only things we give up are the stats from dagger and shield.

I know that if I spend 8ex each on a dagger and a shield that those will be better than Tremor Rod. But how about "normal" items. Like some spell damage on the dagger and 90% spell crit on shield.

I am mainly asking because when I last played mines, Tremor Rod was such a huge QoL buff. It increased clear speed by a ton and single target was at most insignificantly lower.

I'm not a pro, but 5l costs like 40c and for 40c you can buy a dagger tha's gonna provide more than Tremor. Not to mention 6l being like ten times as much. For this you can buy a relatively good dagger, a relatively good shield and a 21/20 GC and maybe even rest of gems at 20/20.
I played with 5l Tremor and it is indeed a QoL, but that's it. I used it until about 75 and that was when I switched to dagger/shield(a crappy ones, as you can see in my previous post where I linked my items; it cost less than 15c total for both) and I'm haven't even thought about Tremor since then.
Oh, and according to PoB, this dagger/shield combo yields more damage than Tremor. Except my chestpiece, my whole stuff cost about the same or less than 5l Tremor. And if you have spare 500c, I think 6l Carcass > 6l Tremor.
"
wildarrr wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

I'm not a pro, but 5l costs like 40c and for 40c you can buy a dagger tha's gonna provide more than Tremor. Not to mention 6l being like ten times as much. For this you can buy a relatively good dagger, a relatively good shield and a 21/20 GC and maybe even rest of gems at 20/20.
I played with 5l Tremor and it is indeed a QoL, but that's it. I used it until about 75 and that was when I switched to dagger/shield(a crappy ones, as you can see in my previous post where I linked my items; it cost less than 15c total for both) and I'm haven't even thought about Tremor since then.
Oh, and according to PoB, this dagger/shield combo yields more damage than Tremor. Except my chestpiece, my whole stuff cost about the same or less than 5l Tremor. And if you have spare 500c, I think 6l Carcass > 6l Tremor.

Maybe I messed something up, but I'm not sure why your PoB says that because the dagger and shield you posted is ~25% less damage than tremor rod when i put them into my PoB. Talking 6 linked of course. Well 7 linked technically :D

And I already know that Tremor Rod has much better clear speed and less single target. I was just wondering if the difference is actually noticeable in Guardian/Shaper fights. I guess I will have to wait and see if dagger and shield makes me feel slow while clearing. Because I am totally ok with my Shaper kill taking 20 seconds longer when the clear speed boost will mean I clear a T15 Beachhead 3 minutes faster :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 19, 2017, 12:59:39 PM
"
wildarrr wrote:
Alright, how do I progress with my gear now?

I've got clear mind jewel that I'm using + I've got two more waiting for slot(5 levels more needed) with 8% inc dmg/11% inc aoe and 2nd one is 15% inc mine dmg/13% inc crit but I think I should get life/mine/crit multi on both, right?
Also, 21/20 GC is like 250c so that has to wait. I can either buy 20/20 or 21/0 GC.

Step 1: lavianga's spirit, seriously... Step 2: helm enchant, glacial cascade physical damage converted to cold damage, which helps you also drop the gloves in a big two-fer; ok this can be expensive so maybe skip this step even though it's more important. Step 3 shield, if you arent gonna full upgrade the shield at least blessed orb for higher spell damage, 5% is pitiful. Step 4: you can't run a wise oak because your cold resist is too low. Step 5: That ring could have better life/resist rolls.

Also you dont even have maxed gems yet. Skip the amplify nodes and go straight across from discipline and training to pick up two skill points., use that to grab that jewel slot above blood drinker. Personally I dropped the deep wisdom and two connected nodes to gain 3 more points but that was me; you could at minimum pick up a 2nd jewel slot with these 3 points in the other spot above blast radius.

You asked.

:)
"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is." -Peter Baelish
How about a trap version of this build for lazy ass bitches like me featuring tinkerskin for sustain?

https://pastebin.com/ba68NUdx

give it a try or waste of time?
"

How about a trap version of this build for lazy ass bitches like me featuring tinkerskin for sustain?

https://pastebin.com/ba68NUdx

give it a try or waste of time?

Waste of time. CD, low dps. Mine > Trap
This is a great build. I've been farming shaper using a slightly modified version of this build (dual wield dagger) and I clear maps faster than using tremor rod imo with access to whirling blades, some mine laying speed, and 20% move speed on devotos just for QOL

I actually went with an ES 6-link vs 6-link carcass jack because the stats on carcass jack don't add that much damage/increased AOE to be worth the cost of getting one imo - the extra resists/life/es on a regular 6 link give more survivability paired with a kaom's roots, and more build flexibility elsewhere

I roll with crit strikes + crit dmg and switch to conc effect + ele focus for tough bosses

Still plenty of room for upgrades on my gear
i dont understand what the most important things on my dagger are?

why do people get attack speed?
should i be getting high phys dmg on my dagger?
or is it just cold to spells and crit that matters?
"
rossidis wrote:
i dont understand what the most important things on my dagger are?

why do people get attack speed?
should i be getting high phys dmg on my dagger?
or is it just cold to spells and crit that matters?

get spell crit, crit multi, spell damage. those are your main stats you need to look for on your dagger.
attack speed is just to help with shield charge (clear speed and to avoid attacks/spells).
you don't need high phys dmg on ur dagger as gc is a spell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info