[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Dude stop doing cold conversion its useless! Get better jewels get better enchants and dont use that trash watchers eye with conversion! You dont need your damage to be all elemental look at my tree i have like 2 elemental nodes picked.

Dude, you have 40% conversion on your helm enchant. So your GC is 100% conversion from phys to ele...

uh ?
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
i knew i would get instant hate because people cant think outside of their tiny little boxes ^^
i think this will be my last message on this thread. i will keep pushing my dmg further. 153k might be current but its not my final touch on the build. i pity on the fools thinks stacking shock will give them more damage than i got ^^ bb
ps: gotta love the guy who killed elder 5 times in this league giving me a lecture :D
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
^

Lmao
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Dude stop doing cold conversion its useless! Get better jewels get better enchants and dont use that trash watchers eye with conversion! You dont need your damage to be all elemental look at my tree i have like 2 elemental nodes picked.

Dude, you have 40% conversion on your helm enchant. So your GC is 100% conversion from phys to ele...

uh ?

Ok, my bad, I clearly did not look at your helm enchant correctly. My fault.

Instead of posting numbers, please post some vids to show us that your 100ex+ non 100% ele conversion version is better. Please at least show a Shaper vid of 3rd phase with full health, and an Uber Elder vid. I am always up for learning something new.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
^

Lmao

LOL indeed :D
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
ps: gotta love the guy who killed elder 5 times in this league giving me a lecture :D

Well, last time I checked 23/5 was 4.x, but you've already demonstrated that numbers aren't your strong suit.

Your approach of just throwing a ton of time and currency at a build isn't really helpful for players seeking advice in a guide. Most of us have to deal with restraints in at least one of those departments. That's why we bother with things like mechanics and cost-efficient items.
Hey, couple questions for you GC veterans. Im running Life/MOM - how important is it to have the correct ratio of life to mana? I think it's like .4285. Looking at some other peoples gear and it doesn't look like they are getting close to that.

Also, I've spent like 5 ex on alterations/regals trying to hit the dual added cold/lightning prefix but to no avail. Are you guys just buying that sh*t? Those daggers are pretty pricey and don't wanna spend like all my ex on one :p

Had another question.. I crit pretty much all the time without my diamond flask up and was considering using Sin's REbirth instead, why are ppl running diamond?
Last edited by xodrul on Apr 20, 2018, 3:59:23 PM
"
xodrul wrote:
Hey, couple questions for you GC veterans. Im running Life/MOM - how important is it to have the correct ratio of life to mana? I think it's like .4285. Looking at some other peoples gear and it doesn't look like they are getting close to that.

Also, I've spent like 5 ex on alterations/regals trying to hit the dual added cold/lightning prefix but to no avail. Are you guys just buying that sh*t? Those daggers are pretty pricey and don't wanna spend like all my ex on one :p

Had another question.. I crit pretty much all the time without my diamond flask up and was considering using Sin's REbirth instead, why are ppl running diamond?

As you said, the mana/life ratio ideally is 3/7=0.4285. I guess most people do not optimize according to this, me included but I would say it is actually pretty critical in terms of EHP. In fact, GC miners use a lot of mana, and it is pretty easy to get caught while at 50-60% mana, so a ratio of 0.5 might even be better. Its just that mana is another affix to try to get on items, and its not easy/cheap most of the time. Id say, get as much as you can but dont stress too much over it, if you can comfortably do stuff.

I spent about 3.5k alts this league to get a t1/t2 dagger, and then sold it for 11ex :P I am now using the money for some other build. The damage difference between a randomly rolled dual extra ele and a multi-mod dual extra dagger is not that big, so you can settle for a cheaper one. The damage is high enough that these weapons are not mandatory.

Depends as you need a staunching/heat/warding flasks to cover bleeds, freezes and curses. If you are using Kaoms/dream fragment then you need 2 magic flasks, as the other three are uniques. Moreover, the build has enough damage for mapping. The bosses has some chaos res and the build utilizes quite a few sources of phys as extra dmg which diminishes the gain from the flask. Id suggest try it in PoB and see how much of a damage gain it is.
Last edited by alpish on Apr 21, 2018, 8:44:17 PM
Hey wanted to ask my fellow miners, which map have you elder-shaped, which map is good for us as miners?
Unavailable

Thank you.

Also which jewel would be best for us (low life builds)

Last edited by masterv0id on Apr 22, 2018, 5:08:28 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
alpish wrote:
"
xodrul wrote:

As you said, the mana/life ratio ideally is 3/7=0.4285. I guess most people do not optimize according to this, me included but I would say it is actually pretty critical in terms of EHP. In fact, GC miners use a lot of mana, and it is pretty easy to get caught while at 50-60% mana, so a ratio of 0.5 might even be better. Its just that mana is another affix to try to get on items, and its not easy/cheap most of the time. Id say, get as much as you can but dont stress too much over it, if you can comfortably do stuff.

I spent about 3.5k alts this league to get a t1/t2 dagger, and then sold it for 11ex :P I am now using the money for some other build. The damage difference between a randomly rolled dual extra ele and a multi-mod dual extra dagger is not that big, so you can settle for a cheaper one. The damage is high enough that these weapons are not mandatory.

Depends as you need a staunching/heat/warding flasks to cover bleeds, freezes and curses. If you are using Kaoms/dream fragment then you need 2 magic flasks, as the other three are uniques. Moreover, the build has enough damage for mapping. The bosses has some chaos res and the build utilizes quite a few sources of phys as extra dmg which diminishes the gain from the flask. Id suggest try it in PoB and see how much of a damage gain it is.

Regarding MoM, the only "wrong" ratio would be to have way too much mana. It's acceptable to keep mana below that 43% threshold for you can treat each point of mana as 1 EHP in that case. As long as you are below 43% I'd advise you to check if passives like Deep Thoughts provide more EHP than their HP cousins.
In our case as a GC Miner with its heavy mana usage I also consider it fine to go above that 43% threshold for the reasons stated above.

To quantify the crafting issue, poecraft lists the chance to get our desired prefixes at 0.87 % each. So getting the first from alt-spamming isn't expensive, but getting the second could take well over 200 regals.
Spoiler

Regal adds either a pre- or a suffix, so we have 0.5 x 0.894 (remaining probability after getting the first one) -> 0.447 % chance to hit with the regal -> 224 regals on average
Disclaimer: The 50% for a prefix is my best guess.

Diamond flasks are there to make non-crits even less frequent. If you're capped without them, feel free to pick another flask, but make it a magical one for suffix reasons stated by alpish. Or you could drop the Inc Crit Strikes gem for a more multiplier and continue using the Diamond flask. Best to check in PoB.

@kan3:
We have some advantage in narrow maps like Waste Pool, Toxic Sewer or Channel because the GC has a smaller spread in those. However given the atrocious map drop rate of this league, I would base that decision on mob count over layout. I have no data regarding mob count though.
Haunted Mansion and Underground Sea come to mind, but those are just guesses.

edit: Another factor is your (potential) Elder ring. If you don't want to spawn Elders forever, you could just pick the best map in your ring.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Apr 23, 2018, 4:14:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info