[3.0] Dark Pact Zerker - Farm shaper/guardian deathless (VIDEO) - Great clear speed

"
Enos wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been addressed.. I may have a bit too much attack speed? I cannot maintain the mana cost. Is there an easy fix for this that I can use? This is my first time ever attempting shaper. The dps is there for sure, but I run out of mana after a couple casts while he's channeling his laser beam.

You can math it out, but the bottom line is...

Cost per 2 cast (second cast is free due to Spell Echo) should be less than or equal to mana regen plus mana leech per cast rate.

You can either lower the mana cost or cast speed, or raise your regen or leech rate.

Leech rate can be raised by leech modifier or raising your maximum mana.

I'm assuming, but I think at time 0, you use the mana, and at the end of the cast time, you do the damage to start the leech. In the middle of these two instances, you are only gaining natural mana regen. After the damage, you will gain both regen and leech. Each instance of damage will add cumulatively to the leech. Microsoft Excel will help you determine what you need.
Dark Pact Crit Berserker - Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006227
vs Guardians and Shaper (5:16 - Deathless) - https://youtu.be/LpjgfdJYvxg
vs Uber Atziri and her Guardians (5:30 - Deathless) - https://youtu.be/AIobql2cD-I
On what level you defeated the Shaper? I'm now sitting on 86 and 7.3k HP and probably get the lack of damage or something. Or maybe my hands need to be repared lol.

My gear:
i was somewhere between 88-90, with 7.1K life and i could have done it ealier i think.

your gear seem to be good enough for a shaper attempt ;)
hello there , its me again ^^

By the look of things u must be french , and i am too , maybe we can talk in private .

I think i'm missing something somewhere ... i found some nice upgrades here and there , but i'm still missing dmg and ( or ) defence .

i tried shaper and i nearly killed him , but i'm loosing too much time on the 2nd phase .

i don't know where to look for my next upgrades and the only shield like yours is around 30ex ...

I'm gonna add you IG too . maybe we can talk a bit there =)
#Ebryd971 hello fellow french man ! there are big chances that i won't play until next league so you have better chances to get answers on this post.

i've checked you gear, everything seems to be good. at this point you should be melting the shaper so i think the issue is that you lack experience on this fight. you should buy shaper keys (about 4c for a full key) and do the fight over and over. you'll get used to it and it will become easier everytime. just remember to avoid the smash (the only attack that can actually kill us), pop a totem on one of his sides, cast totem, lock dark pact button.
"
Ebryd971 wrote:
hello there , its me again ^^

I think i'm missing something somewhere ... i found some nice upgrades here and there , but i'm still missing dmg and ( or ) defence .
i tried shaper and i nearly killed him , but i'm loosing too much time on the 2nd phase .
i don't know where to look for my next upgrades and the only shield like yours is around 30ex ...

well gearwise the obvious upgrades you would need are the rings. both of them. You should also get that unique flask, overflowing something for faster doedre's refill and more dmg .

if you need the resistances you got on the shield to cap resistance then you will not find a replacement shield. if not change it for something with cast speed. Either find a shield with life and respectable spell damage and craft cast speed on it or find with cs and spldmg and craft life for a cheap option.
if you are in desperate need of resistances, drop path of the warrior for elementalist node. At least as long as you are lvl 92. at 93 you can have both. You should have more than enough dmg and defences for anything in the game. Just try and learn the fights beforehand.
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
#Ebryd971 hello fellow french man ! there are big chances that i won't play until next league so you have better chances to get answers on this post.

i've checked you gear, everything seems to be good. at this point you should be melting the shaper so i think the issue is that you lack experience on this fight. you should buy shaper keys (about 4c for a full key) and do the fight over and over. you'll get used to it and it will become easier everytime. just remember to avoid the smash (the only attack that can actually kill us), pop a totem on one of his sides, cast totem, lock dark pact button.

thx for the reply . ill add you anyway ^^

Well , i think i need some practice , thats obvious , but i'm also curious , and i dont understand how u can have 50k dps more than me ( im at 130k with arcane surge bonus )

So the shield is probably the best upgrade i can get , but thos 50k dps really came from there ?

Btw , i think some of us can be interested in a crit version of this build ^^ Sometimes i crit , and i have to say ... i love shattering half of my screen ^^
#Ebryd971 Tooltip differences is something i have been asked about a lot, i added a FAQ about it yesterday. full 21/20 gems make a big difference !

My tooltip is lower, why ?

Spoiler
I've had this question asked quite a lot of time. When you compare your tooltip with mine, please keep in mind that i have :

- a lvl 95 character
- a full 21/20 gems set on my main link
- Good gear with high life/strentgh rolls, cast speed on rings
- Good jewels
- Good chestpiece
- Good helmet and boots enchant

All those things added one after another can make quite a huge tooltip difference. Don't be too concerned about it, none of those "little extra" are mandatory to clear all game content.

for crit version, it's simply a lot weaker with my build so i'm not interested in going that way.

Even on a larger picture, DP only has 5% crit chance and crit chance/multi are quite far from the berserker starting point. you won't want Doon/repentence in a crit build thus the strength travel nodes won't be capitalised as mutch. i also don't have to grab crit passives so i just focus on life/strentgh/cast speed that all translate into damages and a high life pool without having to sacrifice 6 gems slots for a kaom's heart. you'll also rely mutch more on diamond flask to keep high crit chances, and they will eventually dry up. not relying on flask for DPS is a huge bonus and it keep overall DPS mutch more stable during long/phase based fights. That's one of the reasons why i actually kill the shaper faster than other builds with tooltips multiple times higher.

i'm sure there are good DP crit builds out there if you like to shatter, but they won't be close to my build in gear/tree.
Last edited by Zboublemeteor on Sep 21, 2017, 9:29:24 AM

1000 fusings :(
How many tries you've made?

Upd.: 3000.
Spend all the currency I had.
Last edited by Vladilen3 on Sep 22, 2017, 6:30:20 AM
ouch, that's some serious bad luck !

got mine in ~300 fusings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info