[3.0] 100% Ele Conversion BV Inquisitor - Life Based - Cheap

Thanks for the valuable input, Mopstah.

It's good to hear the build performs considerably better at higher levels.
I went Essence Worm/MoM out of pure desperation. It got my defenses up from catastrophic to almost bearable. In mid tier maps that is.
Thanks for the heads up on privacy settings by the way, I just set my characters to public.
I'll check out your bv toon later. Well I guess I can see how getting top-notch rares with t1 life/hybrid rolls combined with lvl90+ can get you a respectable life pool. Gotta survive up until that point first tho ;)
Last edited by NiteskyEU on Aug 28, 2017, 5:16:59 PM
Yeah you are right. Having nicely rolled hybrids makes a big difference. I am able to get 117 life from boots, 122 from shield, and big rolls on my helm and belt too. I don't know if I got lucky but my gear wasn't that expensive. Boots were 10c because only 20% movespeed. Shield was 1ex. Belt was 20c.

Your gear seems pretty good I'd say you're on the right track. Maybe look for a good dagger with some attack speed so you can shield charge a lot faster. It really makes you feel better once you are speedy and can get in and out of trouble fast. Right now I'm looking for one like my current but with a better attack speed roll.
"
NiteskyEU wrote:
Thanks for the valuable input, Mopstah.

It's good to hear the build performs considerably better at higher levels.
I went Essence Worm/MoM out of pure desperation. It got my defenses up from catastrophic to almost bearable. In mid tier maps that is.
Thanks for the heads up on privacy settings by the way, I just set my characters to public.
I'll check out your bv toon later. Well I guess I can see how getting top-notch rares with t1 life/hybrid rolls combined with lvl90+ can get you a respectable life pool. Gotta survive up until that point first tho ;)

Few things I noticed.

You're specced into Vaal Pact and running stone golem. Pretty sure that doesn't work. Unless I'm wrong I'd replace stone golem with ice or lightning depending on your needs.

Specced into MoM but not Quick Recovery right below it.

Specced into Purity of Flesh which is a bit out of the way for the life and chaos res you get. With those points you could get Quick Recovery, Written in Blood, Nullification, and the last node in the Scion Life Wheel.

You have no freeze removal on any of your flasks. No diamond flask, which is huge as crit stike chance is the crux of this build. No Atziri's Promise which is provides chaos res, life leech, and damage.

Running Inc AoE on a 5 link is a huge dps loss, imo. I'd run Crit Strike Support.

You're not leveling any gems in your weapon swap. Your BV setup is almost ready to be flipped for 20% Quality and you have no duplicates to swap in while re-leveling your gems. Maybe you plan on buying them in which case disregard.

Your CwDT setup is leveled dangerously high for hardcore, imo. It's being triggered after roughly half your life is gone.

All I got for now.
Thanks a lot for the constructive feedback, Gref.
Just done ironing out the things you pointed out. Time for some testing now :)
"
Mopstah wrote:

Just curious - has anyone here had any real strong success with MoM? Like I said above, I find it crippled me. Tried to incorporate it into my build twice, and both times made me really squishy. I had about 1k spare mana unreserved at the time (Blasphemy/Warlords and HoA with Enlighten).

Why wouldn't you just run Herald of Ice linked with curse on hit + Warlord's Mark? You are severely crippling your mana with your setup for no actual gain, and I think HoI is more damage than HoA, anyway.

Hatred in Essence Worm and then Herald of Ice linked with Curse on hit and Blasphemy is only 35% mana reservation total, without Enlighten.

Just sayin'.
"
Harpoontang wrote:
Why wouldn't you just run Herald of Ice linked with curse on hit + Warlord's Mark? You are severely crippling your mana with your setup for no actual gain, and I think HoI is more damage than HoA, anyway.

Hatred in Essence Worm and then Herald of Ice linked with Curse on hit and Blasphemy is only 35% mana reservation total, without Enlighten.

Just sayin'.

While you can do this, there are a few reasons you might not.

Herald of Ice only applies the curse if you shatter a frozen enemy, proccing the secondary effect of HoI, and hit an enemy within range of the secondary effect. Up time in general is less than using a Blasphemy setup.

You need to run Controlled Destruction over Elemental Focus in your BV setup. Depending on your gear this could be a big deal as Controlled Destruction provides less damage and reduces your critical strike chance.

Curse on Hit requires 3 sockets compared to Blasphemy's 2 sockets. Again, depending on your gear and supplementary skills, this could be a deal breaker.

I've tried something similar using a level 1 CwDT setup to apply Warlords Mark and it just felt better using Blasphemy.
First of all thank you Gref for taking the time to post all the comments and suggestions above. Very nice of you and helpful to anyone not just the one who asked the question.

Secondly yes I have tried all sorts of combinations to make MoM work. I've tried Herald of ice, ash, and lots of other methods as Gref also explained. Nothing works as well as blasphemy and will always have a chance to fail you when you need it most. I have not found a good way to include MoM but if anyone has, would like to hear about it.

As I mentioned earlier I am at 7k life and 1k es. So I've been focusing on that and so far so good but I'm still waiting till 92 (next level) to try all end game bosses.
Last edited by Mopstah on Aug 30, 2017, 10:48:41 AM
"
Gref wrote:
"
Harpoontang wrote:

Just sayin'.

While you can do this, there are a few reasons you might not.

You are 100% correct sir.

I realized after posting the error in my ways. I'm used to using Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit on my frost blades character, forgot that the freeze/shatter component is what curses, and that doesn't translate as well to this character.

Keep up the innovating!
It's all good. Half the fun of PoE is throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I'm pretty much done with the build, or content with it rather, outside of getting really GG rares in a few slots. I've managed all Guardians and Shaper deathless. Though Guardians can get tricky depending on the mods. Especially Phoenix and Minotaur.

Some random thoughts:

Spoiler
I noticed players felt the build was quite squishy and I'd wager it's the lack of physical damage reduction. On most gear and the passive tree it's just not there. You NEED a Basalt+Taste of Hate and if not a ToH, a godly Horror crafted Astral Plate.
-
Another reason a player might feel squishy is the lack of Energy Shield. While capping chaos res is a chore, Incandescent Heart provides a substantial amount of ES to pad your health pool. Additionally, the flat ES from Int on the tree and any ES you can pick up on you helm, shield, boots, and jewelry adds up fast. I currently have ~1.3k ES and could probably get close to 2k with a better shield and boots.
-
Regarding Mind over Matter, outside of HC, I don't see the appeal. Like most builds, the best defense is a good offense and as long as VP is around your primary focus should be slamming into packs and out leech the damage you take. At a certain point very few things kill you outright. Ele reflect and big slams for the most part.
-
Imo, when mapping, the best defensive option is running Controlled Destruction in your BV setup along with Increased Critical Strikes. In a previous post I mentioned that Controlled Destruction can be detrimental. While true, it is possible to manage ~80% effective critical strike chance with a Diamond Flask and having %increased crit strike chance for spells on your dagger and shield. You will consistently freeze the majority of enemies in the game and prevent them from doing anything to you in the first place.
-
I like to study other players passive tree to see if I can do something different or take something I overlooked and I noticed a lot of players are taking jewel slots too early, imo, and I wanna emphasize that this is definitely a subjective thing. I didn't start speccing into jewel slots until level 92 and would only do so if I had a jewel rolled with damage and life as I usually had to unspec a life node to get the jewel socket in the first place.

I also noticed a lot of players aren't taking the Alchemist wheel above witch start. Perhaps they're using the points for jewel sockets. Despite the nerf it's still incredibly powerful as flasks are still powerful and I think not taking it, or taking it later, is a mistake.
-
Corrupt your Hrimsorrow gloves. They drop fairly often and are cheap to buy. A lot of people are playing some form of ele conversion and if you hit a good corruption you can use them or sell them for a decent amount.
Thanks Gref. Really great tips and good advice for anyone playing this build.

I have a few quick questions for you or anyone else:

Has anyone considered going for Force Shaper? We are right there anyway and it seems like 5 points for 71% Phys damage and 5% extra Phys damage as chaos. Combined with incandescent heart wouldn't that make our damage just bonkers?

Why is the alchemist wheel so good? I admit I am one of those who often ignores it because life or damage or jewel sockets always seem juicier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info