[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

Would this build work with blast rain and a signal fire quiver? That would give 100% physical to fire conversion. Plus the quiver and explosives expert node could give a potential 45% of damage as extra fire damage

Edit: cited the wrong ascendancy node
Last edited by Sublux909 on Sep 14, 2017, 3:22:20 PM
"
Constraint wrote:
"
JaboPanda wrote:
Can anyone help me out? I barely have 3k life and get one shot by Izaro and Argus. I have yet to be able to complete Uberlab at all. My damage is pretty solid, but I am not able to oneshot Izaro, is that the only way to be able to safely farm the lab? I dont think I can get much more life on my gear without tripling my budget...

My Gear:
Spoiler

Character is public for tree. (TwinkleRain)

https://pastebin.com/0GMWzsYH

Here, now you have 4.2k life. This should be good at 81, and do Uber Lab at 85.

You could also get better items with 70+ life, which will boost your life even more. Most of your items only have around 50 life.

Thanks I completely missed the life nodes by finesse when I was trying to find more! Super helpful, thanks!
Hi Guys,

I'm currently a 87 Saboutuer and I spent the whole previous level trying different combinations for greater survivavility. I've checked both original route from page 1 as well as that one from 5, but I managed to create something much better.

Current builds in this thread have 2 main drawbacks:
1. underutilized Tinkerskin abilities (refill of ES and life)
2. Little survivability due to 2 reasons:
- Mind over Matter leads to death if you get hit by lot emptying whole mana shield and you're left with no energy to cast any trapps/skills
- Eldritch Battery takes away your 1st line of defense (ES shield)

If you follow my passive tree (profile should be open), you'll see I found a workaround that works like a charm:)))

The key was to remove in a smart way:
- last node from Chain reaction line in Ascention (i'm shadow)
- remove both Mind over Matter and Eldritch Battery.

I fixed mana issue with Essence Worm Ring, where I put my Wrath aura. This let me keep Wrath + 2 Heralds and still have enough mana to cast traps:)

Additionally, along with getting few I managed to vastly improve survivavility in following way:

1. I took some leech nodes around Vitality Void, that fills my HP pool like crazy
2. By removing Chain Reaction i got LIFE + ES recharged for each of my 12 traps, not only 1 :)
3. I've got additional armor in form of Mana Shield, that wasn't there before.

I made all the changes within 86 level and the difference between builds is following:

1. build from 1 page -> close to glass cannon

2. build from 5 page -> it's noticably better, but still you need to be careful in maps 8+, not to get killed. After throwring a trap i had to wait to ensure the group is killed and not a danger

3. My current build -> I don't give a shit about nothing up to Tier 10 maps. I just throw traps in group and start running into mobs. Once i'm inside of a pack, traps trigger and i'm fully filled with HP and mana shield at once;)

The clear speed in last build is around 50% better,because you have much less to worry about:)..

Another good thing is that at my current level (87) I've got direct route for another life nodes with every next level, so it'll be even better soon:)

I hope you'll enjoy this idea. I spent like 20 hours testing different combinations and this one really rocks:)

best regards,
Ziiuutka.
I am just thinking will Chain Reaction stop the trap being triggered by enemies? If I throw 4 traps at once and all have at least one enemy insides their trigger range, I will assume all traps will be prior to be triggered by enemy, and Chain Reaction will only be triggered if the traps are not triggered by any enemy. But sound like it isn't the case. Can anyone confirm that? You can test it with simply see whether you will gain more that 1 power/frenzy charge for each throw of trap. If it's really the case, I will choose Deadeye instead for new character.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"

1. I took some leech nodes around Vitality Void, that fills my HP pool like crazy

I don't think you can leech with traps. Do you have to use a mana flask to keep your mana up?

I agree that MOM can be dangerous in those cases when you do not have enough mana to cast your movement skill, but I disagree with your solution of removing MOM, EB and an aura (or ring if using essence worm). Why not just link your movement skill to blood magic?
Last edited by locobilbo on Sep 15, 2017, 12:42:31 AM
"
locobilbo wrote:
"

I don't think you can leech with traps. Do you have to use a mana flask to keep your mana up?

I agree that MOM can be dangerous in those cases when you do not have enough mana to cast your movement skill, but I disagree with your solution of removing MOM, EB and an aura (or ring if using essence worm). Why not just link your movement skill to blood magic?

You're right with this life leech mate. I've tested it and it doesn't work. Still it's a very good news! Tinkerskin is enough to make a difference, while you can allocate your nodes somewhere else:)

In case of mana issues, I don't need to use mana flasks with this build. In order to be out of mana i would have to spam traps continously and that would take me around 6-7 rounds of throws to get into mana issue. The mana regen is hight enough so that in normal play it isn't a deal breaker (only sometimes noticable when spamming a boss, that doesn't die instantly).

I'm putting my stats below, as it was always hard for me to find a benchmark for my experiments:

HP: 5,13k
ES: 0,6k
Mana unallocated 274

Elemental ressistances: capped
Chaos: -5%
Psysical dmg reduction: 29% (very usefull).

DPS form shrapnel shot (mouse over value):
- no buffs: 4 238
- with auras + heralds + ice golem (so normal setup for game: 7 558
- while figtning: around 10 000 - 11 000, depending on different buffs.

Last edited by ziuteczek123456 on Sep 15, 2017, 3:42:54 AM
WRONG QUOTE
Last edited by ffogell on Sep 15, 2017, 5:32:44 AM
"
"
locobilbo wrote:
"

You're right with this life leech mate. I've tested it and it doesn't work. Still it's a very good news! Tinkerskin is enough to make a difference, while you can allocate your nodes somewhere else:)

In case of mana issues, I don't need to use mana flasks with this build. In order to be out of mana i would have to spam traps continously and that would take me around 6-7 rounds of throws to get into mana issue. The mana regen is hight enough so that in normal play it isn't a deal breaker (only sometimes noticable when spamming a boss, that doesn't die instantly).

I'm putting my stats below, as it was always hard for me to find a benchmark for my experiments:

HP: 5,13k
ES: 0,6k
Mana unallocated 274

Elemental ressistances: capped
Chaos: -5%
Psysical dmg reduction: 29% (very usefull).

DPS form shrapnel shot (mouse over value):
- no buffs: 4 238
- with auras + heralds + ice golem (so normal setup for game: 7 558
- while figtning: around 10 000 - 11 000, depending on different buffs.

using CWDT + frostwall was my greatest survivibiity buff especially as we are often in phasing , its blocks everything while not blocking you and you can throw through it

Do you ahve pastbin for you build, would be interesting to see :D
GornoDD downed shaper that;s nice but what kind of setup he used ?? he just swapped Shrapnel Shot for Barrage and other support gems ware the same ? or he had 2 swap gems as well ?did he maked any changes in the tree ? he also uses tornado shot instead of blast rain for trash, don;t think the support gems for tornado and blast rain ware the same. Post his character /gear/buld pls
IGN Aliiya
"
RON1N wrote:
GornoDD downed shaper that;s nice but what kind of setup he used ?? he just swapped Shrapnel Shot for Barrage and other support gems ware the same ? or he had 2 swap gems as well ?did he maked any changes in the tree ? he also uses tornado shot instead of blast rain for trash, don;t think the support gems for tornado and blast rain ware the same. Post his character /gear/buld pls

He posted a pastebin somewhere but I can't find it atm so I just copied his setup that I had saved in PoB: https://pastebin.com/4ftB12Qh

According to him this was the best overall setup he came up with. Personally I don't like MoM or lack of strong defense layer so I made my own version (which I also killed Shaper with) that you can see on page 9 of this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info