[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

It suppose to be a question post, but I already find an answer. In case some other noob like me trying to find why his Enfeeble doesn't work, I'll post it here:
_____

I link my new small Enfeeble gem with other mentioned gems
"
CWDT (level 1) - Ball Lightning (level 4) - Curse on hit - Enfeeble

and Ball Lightning was triggered but doesn't do Enfeeble.

I found this this saying
"
Curse On Hit Support (As of Version 1.2.2 CWDT will only trigger Ball Lightning in this example, but Ball Lightning will then not trigger Curse On Hit.)

Version 1.2.2 change was:
"
We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them.

The secret here is that Enfeeble needs to be at least level 6 then it is out of supported range for CWDT and has just single trigger (i.e. Curse on hit).

p.s. if you add a small note about this into your post, it could save someone lots of time.
Quick question: Suggest gem setup for pledge + kaoms heart? I have kaoms now and no currency and I wanna kill shaper with your build :) enfeeble max + cwdt only is a big defence difference?
Tips for clearing Hall of Grandmasters? Got my butt blasted :-(
Last edited by joshagarrado on Sep 21, 2017, 8:28:27 PM
"
Tips for clearing Hall of Grandmasters? Got my butt blasted :-(

Switch to sr+cwc firestorm setup
Use block chance reduction support with orb of storms
Do not facetank, stay ranged
I just finished the campaign, got new gear and switch to Firestorm.

I'm still low level (66) with a lot to do to improve my build (labyrinth, gem level, etc..).

I had to add nodes for strength and dexterity for requirements...

I'd like your advices on my gear and gem setup. How can I improve?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/coubi64/characters

Last edited by coubi64 on Sep 22, 2017, 3:34:28 AM
"
coubi64 wrote:
I just finished the campaign, got new gear and switch to Firestorm.

I'm still low level (66) with a lot to do to improve my build (labyrinth, gem level, etc..).

I had to add nodes for strength and dexterity for requirements...

I'd like your advices on my gear and gem setup. How can I improve?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/coubi64/characters

get more life on gear, get six links. i think you switched a bit early as the build needs vaal pact to shine, but you have some points wasted on the tree that you can refund and move towards VP.
Thank you for this build, it was a lot of fun leveling to 90. Everything was very easy and almost deathless up until I tried the guardians. (Full disclaimer: I am new to POE and this is my first char to ever try the guardians.)

I can not reliably facetank Minotaur with Basalt+Granite flask, Tukohama+Solaris/Lunaris, Vigilant Strike, Enfeeble and Concentrated Effect instead of CD for more DPS. I even switched out Leap Slam+Fortify for CWDT+Immortal Call and still often just suddenly die after a while of shaky but successful facetanking (from some highroll crit I guess?). That's with no map-mod that concerns damage, vulnerability, resists, or similar bad ones.

Phoenix is pretty easy up until she's lower health. Then she just oneshots me from 6100 hp even with an active Ruby Flask.

I can facetank Chimera quite easily; the adds are manageable but take up my flasks rather than fill them up. The cloud phase then is pure cancer, I'm dead in a second if I am not lucky with finding him quickly.

Hydra I find the easiest, it's just dodging. It takes some time to kill her though.

Here is my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/molloy_/characters (Herta)

I am aware that my body armour isn't the greatest yet, but I am on 6100 life, resists are on 90+ and my armour rating is about the same as that of the Belly of the Beast. I even had room on my jewellery to increase it some more. I'm still thinking about whether I should get/craft some 1500-2000 armour plate or invest some more chromes to color my 6L Belly of the Beast 4B2R.

Any tips on how to make defenses more stable or how to improve the gear/gem setup would be much appreciated.
Last edited by molloy_ on Sep 23, 2017, 6:43:56 PM
"
molloy_ wrote:
Thank you for this build, it was a lot of fun leveling to 90. Everything was very easy and almost deathless up until I tried the guardians. (Full disclaimer: I am new to POE and this is my first char to ever try the guardians.)

I can not reliably facetank Minotaur with Basalt+Granite flask, Tukohama+Solaris/Lunaris, Vigilant Strike, Enfeeble and Concentrated Effect instead of CD for more DPS. I even switched out Leap Slam+Fortify for CWDT+Immortal Call and still often just suddenly die after a while of shaky but successful facetanking (from some highroll crit I guess?). That's with no map-mod that concerns damage, vulnerability, resists, or similar bad ones.

Phoenix is pretty easy up until she's lower health. Then she just oneshots me from 6100 hp even with an active Ruby Flask.

I can facetank Chimera quite easily; the adds are manageable but take up my flasks rather than fill them up. The cloud phase then is pure cancer, I'm dead in a second if I am not lucky with finding him quickly.

Hydra I find the easiest, it's just dodging. It takes some time to kill her though.

Here is my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/molloy_/characters (Herta)

I am aware that my body armour isn't the greatest yet, but I am on 6100 life, resists are on 90+ and my armour rating is about the same as that of the Belly of the Beast. I even had room on my jewellery to increase it some more. I'm still thinking about whether I should get/craft some 1500-2000 armour plate or invest some more chromes to color my 6L Belly of the Beast 4B2R.

Any tips on how to make defenses more stable or how to improve the gear/gem setup would be much appreciated.

Minotaur should be dealing laughable damage if he is enfeebled and you've got fortify and flasks up. He deals physical + lightning damage though, are you sure you weren't shocked?

In your current setup enfeeble is not connected to curse on hit - are you sure it was correct during the fight?

Are you always staying very close in his melee range so he doesn't switch to his burrow attack?

For some extra armour you can go for CWDT+Molten shell (both max level).

-

If you can't survive the phoenix's blast in the last phases then don't face tank it. The blast is well telegraphed and there is plenty of time to step out.

-

Is Chimera's cloud phase the only problem in the Chimera fight? It is bullshit mechanic and there's not much you can do other than use quicksilver and life flasks.
"
DirtyDot wrote:

Minotaur should be dealing laughable damage if he is enfeebled and you've got fortify and flasks up. He deals physical + lightning damage though, are you sure you weren't shocked?

In your current setup enfeeble is not connected to curse on hit - are you sure it was correct during the fight?

I am sure I was not shocked. But I somehow managed to misread your Guardians/Shaper setup: In the fight I had Enfeeble next to OoS, but without the CoH. I thought I had to cast Enfeeble manually. I'll try again with the correct setup tomorrow.

"
Are you always staying very close in his melee range so he doesn't switch to his burrow attack?

Yes, I always simply dodged his big attack, cast Enfeeble and then just stood in front of him, casting Firestorm, refreshing Fortify, Enfeeble etc. No movement, so Tukohama would kick in. Without any change in pattern I then always just suddenly died at some point.

"
For some extra armour you can go for CWDT+Molten shell (both max level).

Thanks, I'll try that.

"
If you can't survive the phoenix's blast in the last phases then don't face tank it. The blast is well telegraphed and there is plenty of time to step out.

Is Chimera's cloud phase the only problem in the Chimera fight? It is bullshit mechanic and there's not much you can do other than use quicksilver and life flasks.

Apart from one death to some long range add that caught me at a bad moment, the cloud phase is the only problem. I can definitely improve my flask use, maybe use one more life flask.
Hello, great build!

I was also playing around with Firestorm, but had some troubles.
After reading this I got as far, as killing Guardians easily, and just finished Shaper.

Did you try Uber-Atziri yet?
Since she reflects all Curses, I didn't find any good answer for her yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info