[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

I've had this on my long list of "omg I want to try that" builds and finally decided to give it a go yesterday after respecing my league starter witch. Brings back memories from when I played PoE for the first time years ago and had no clue what I was doing. Played with just firestorm + faster casting and never made it past Act 2 normal :D I'm having so much fun with this build and I was actually getting bored and about to give up on Harbinger League to play other games until next league.

I made a few changes to the gear so had to adjust and give up on some gem setups, but it is still working great. Gloves are missing Arctic Armor since I've been extremely unlucky with the coloring, but I can't even use it before I get my Enlighten level up (or buy a higher level one). Lots of room for improvements, but this is my cheap starter setup with the 5L Pledge being the most expensive item @ 20 chaos (already had Kaom's and Ventor on other characters so not counting those).
"
coubi64 wrote:
I have crafted 2 normal wands, 20% quality, with 35% and 36% increased spell damage.

I would like to use an essence on them to transform in rare with guaranteed property.

Should i prefer fire damage to spell (wailing essence of anguish) or fire damage (screaming essence of anger)?

I haven't finished leveling but i'm preparing stuff to go on.

Thank you for sharing this build and for your help.

For the perfect weapon you want both rolls, so either essence will do. If you are just looking for a decent wand, then probably go with anger as you can craft up to 44% spell damage.
Hi,

this is a really nice build. Thanks for sharing!

I am quite new to the game (last played in beta...), so sorry if this question is stupid, but your suggestion for the amber amulet puzzles me.

Doesn't it kill your build because of Avatar of Fire?

It says “Deal no non-fire damage”. As far as I understand that pretty much makes it impossible to proc Mastermind of Discord and Elemental Overlord, since you are using orb of storms for that one.

Other than that Avatar of Fire would be awesome.
"
Haribomann wrote:
Hi,

this is a really nice build. Thanks for sharing!

I am quite new to the game (last played in beta...), so sorry if this question is stupid, but your suggestion for the amber amulet puzzles me.

Doesn't it kill your build because of Avatar of Fire?

It says “Deal no non-fire damage”. As far as I understand that pretty much makes it impossible to proc Mastermind of Discord and Elemental Overlord, since you are using orb of storms for that one.

Other than that Avatar of Fire would be awesome.

the wording on the skills and notables is important.

the mastermind of discord triggers when you use a lightning skill, not when you deal lightning damage.
the elemental overload triggers when you deal a critical strike, not when you deal damage with critical strike (even though OoS still deals damage with AoF due to its damage conversion).
I set up my boots 4L with cwdt ball lightning and enfeeble but it just cast ball lightning without any curse so anyone can tell me why?
My profile here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/duy289
Last edited by duy289 on Sep 18, 2017, 11:20:42 AM
"
duy289 wrote:
I set up my boots 4L with cwdt ball lightning and enfeeble but it just cast ball lightning without any curse so anyone can tell me why?
My profile here:

level up the enfeeble gem
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
duy289 wrote:
My profile here:

So i need to lvl up my enfeeble to max lvl or just go to lvl 5 ?
"
duy289 wrote:
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
duy289 wrote:
My profile here:

So i need to lvl up my enfeeble to max lvl or just go to lvl 5 ?

Max level. That's the whole point of this setup.
"
DirtyDot wrote:

Max level. That's the whole point of this setup.

Okay its work thanks you very much-^^
What are the advantages of sceptres over wands for this build? Just the leap slam / fortify setup, or can sceptres roll better mods?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info