Harbinger language/symbol translation

has anyone tried to summon all the harbingers at the portal?
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Personally I feel no motivation left, this thread now looks like a plagiarism because someone else on reddit was two days faster.

Hey, stop this bullshit. You did a great job. I saw at least one more person figuring this out on reddit that day, pretty sure many people figured it out independently. And you're the only one who decided to share your thoughts with the forum community and even has drawn all these symbols.

...now go back to your work on the symbols.:D
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Personally I feel no motivation left, this thread now looks like a plagiarism because someone else on reddit was two days faster.

Hey, stop this bullshit. You did a great job. I saw at least one more person figuring this out on reddit that day, pretty sure many people figured it out independently. And you're the only one who decided to share your thoughts with the forum community and even has drawn all these symbols.

...now go back to your work on the symbols.:D

I don't reddit, and I had no idea about the language until I googled and found your post. I agree with this guy though. Come back to work!

Edit: Also, the translation and the stuff about the shaper is both very interesting! Amazing job!
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Aug 29, 2017, 6:11:06 PM
I've produced what I think is a much more accurate translation.
There are still some kinks in it, but I think the overall theme should be correct.
Note that the name of each unique neatly corresponds to the events described on it (except for The Fracturing Spinner, but I had trouble with that one so it's probably wrong)

The Flow Untethered
"
God built a portal to journey to maps/dreams
God built a portal to journey through time
God's faithful empowered his portal

The Tempest's Binding
"
When the Beast's life began
God was weakened and shrunken
God's faithful built a prison for him
God's faithful scattered God's soul

The Fracturing Spinner
"
God's journey's land
God's eternal prison
God's faithful dispersed from the journey's land

The Unshattered Will
"
When the Beast's life ended
God dealt a savage blow to his prison
God's will was not broken

The Enmity Divine
"
God attacked his prison
God's soul was growing hungry
But God's prison was not broken
As God's soul regained its power, he hungered for the souls of his faithful

The Rippling Thoughts
"
God's faithful journeyed to the land
God's faithful opened the portal
God's faithful looked for a place to hide
The faithful saw Wraeclast

The Beachhead flavor text can be interpreted as either a brief summary of their backstory
"
God's Faithful dispersed from the land
And will conquer Wraeclast

Or as a literal description of the map
"
God's Faithful disperse from this land
To conquer Wraeclast
keep the good work fellow scholar
no queen rules forever, my daughter
I like that new translation a lot! Well Done!

I think the spinner text may be referring to land that GoD had already traversed, and now that he's shut in a prison his faithful are now free to walk throughout it and claim the land as theirs. It's as if GoD forged the land and the other harbingers claimed it. This could explain why the harbingers eventually gained access to the portal GoD built.

"GoD has journey throughout the land.
Now GoD is shut in his eternal prison.
GoD's faithful now scatter across the journeyed land"
Many are trying to read symbols linearly, like we are used in our language, though that is not the case for Harbinger symbols. For example:

This should be taken into account.

Edit:
Made a small typo in one of the pictures, dont mind that.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 30, 2017, 4:49:33 AM
So nothing since august huh? I'm curious about what the post by GGG that specified about learning about the language "before it's too late"? They've never done mid-league events before, so I thought it would have to be something about the items in-game, but they've all been translated, so what else could it be? Maybe they just meant next league?
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Many are trying to read symbols linearly, like we are used in our language, though that is not the case for Harbinger symbols. For example:

This should be taken into account.

Edit:
Made a small typo in one of the pictures, dont mind that.
Change "for" to "have/will have", and you won't need to juggle pieces around. At least in those 2 cases.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Freggers wrote:

maybethe "thunder doesnt mean "thunder". what if this symbole more describe the attributes of it like emmidiatly suddently or unexpected. then the following text would say "Time" and "unexpected" and something else. On the third symbole you cant identify something. So the third Symbole could be unknown, then the text would make sense.... then it says
"time" and "unexpected" and "unknown" ,Freely formulated someday the unknown appeared unexpected.

I hope this helps :)

i agree with the other poster about the third symbol being Wraeclast. I have the map as my desktop background, it lines up very well with it. You can even see Oriath as the little diamond blip in the SE corner. And the bay in the NE, and the two other islands on the west coast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info