Harbinger language/symbol translation

Last symbol = Totem

Combo: Harbinger: Movement -> Totem + Fire
you last symbol

of couse
Hey guys,
The symbol with three arrows around the plus from latest message might be connected to a similar looking symbol with only a square instead of the plus. In the google document it is translated with dash, even though I think with the description of harbinger with it using skills more often than harbinger without it, it might mean chain, as in skills chain multiple times. So with the new encounters we might want to take a closer look on how the general skill used is modified, e.g. used multiple times. Looking at the pictures, I even suppose the plus and the square just originated from different interpretation of the pixels in the pictures. Anyway, we can check whether or not the theory is right by examining the fight mechanics. And if anybody more familiar with the game than I am can think of another way to modify the used skill in a similar way to chain multiple times, we might check whether or not there are two symbols or just one.

Since I played the game only for two leagues, I don't think I can reliably identify whether or not a skill is chained or something like this so I would want to leave this with more experienced players.

Btw from our findings do we know why exactly the harbingers came to wraeclast? We seem to be on the point where we say that their God was hindered by the Beast and with the Beast dead they have the power to visit other dimensions again.

But I would want to know whether they just want to conquer and rob wraeclast, suggested by the pieces of currency they are wearing or if they have another idea, which reaches further than just conquering. Since they appear solo or in little groups I would think they are sort of explorers and bringing home their findings. And they could be just scouts for a larger threat to come. Or maybe they are just exploring and feel threatened by us so thats why they attack.

Anyway great work to everyone have a nice day.
It seems to me that it resembles a symbol of Vitality or Life.

maybethe "thunder doesnt mean "thunder". what if this symbole more describe the attributes of it like emmidiatly suddently or unexpected. then the following text would say "Time" and "unexpected" and something else. On the third symbole you cant identify something. So the third Symbole could be unknown, then the text would make sense.... then it says
"time" and "unexpected" and "unknown" ,Freely formulated someday the unknown appeared unexpected.

I hope this helps :)
Damn, with this news, the community effort will skyrocket! ..No.. IT's skyrocketing yet!

I am thankful to Bex_GGG for having shared 2 complicated symbols! (+ the hints for the equipments order)
Hi,
I just came up with another idea: Do we know what exactly malformed the Shaper? Since the colour he is wearing and those tentacles in his face and all of his skin in that weird colour which is certainly not the humanoid skin he had when he came to the space between the world's, looks kind of similar to the harbingers.

He speaks of awakening in the emptiness between the worlds in his memory of grief. This awakening could be him meeting the harbinger. And since the harbinger orb can reforge maps, maybe the shaper learned the skills he uses to reforge the maps from the harbingers.

In his memory of nightmare he talks about bones arranged in a certain way from a civilisation long gone. And the chamber he visits might just be the prison of the harbinger civilisation in which they were put by the Beasts influence.

So maybe the harbingers lived in wraeclast (civilisation long lost). Which leaves us with two possibilities:
Maybe they are the vaal civilisation which disappeared, since we know the vaal did not write in our language. We can check on this theory by looking at the vaal writings with the four golden pages and the vaal letters. Maybe they are similar to the harbinger writings, though they seem not to be, so maybe there is no connection.
It would fit, that the Vaal created or woke the Beast, which imprisoned them, so in that sense "they failed themselves" as the golden pages suggest.
Note: I'm not sure if Icius perandus wrote the golden pages himself, so they would be Azmerian language, which might differ from the vaal language. Since the pictures of vaal letters are not very clear, I am not sure if we can check the theory properly. But we can translate the letters so maybe it is not harbinger tongue, not sure.

They might be a civilisation who lived in wraeclast earlier than the Vaal since they are using pictograms where Vaal used written words. (As we hopefully proved or disproved with the Vaal letters.) Abstract words instead of pictograms seem to be the usual way language can develop, but I'm no expert on this.

Anyway still it stands that the harbingers disappeared from wraeclast. Whether they left on their own, they fled or they were taken away by someone or something like the Beast for example, is not sure.
Yet, they survived in another dimension and given the visual resemblance between them and the sharper in terms of colouring and that they both can influence entire maps, I suggest that the Shaper at least met the harbingers and most likely even learned from them.

The resemblance might be caused by the other dimension or dimensions, they live in. Like a sort of dimension suntain ;)
I think on the meeting we can agree since it is unlikely that the shaper wandered around the dimension without meeting them. Especially since they were to roam free after the Beast died.

If the shaper learned from the harbingers, he might have adopted their philosophy, so his search for absolute perfection at all cost (Which we learn from his dialogue during the fight.) might be a goal the harbinger have teached to him. But this is just speculation.

Im not even sure whether or not this is the right place to put this theory. I'm sorry if not. I just thought it might help to have a thesis on their goals when trying to translate their language.

Have a nice day everyone. And please remember it is just a theory I don't want to annoy anyone with it and it might be completely wrong.
Nice!
This is insane!
I don't know why, but to me, the orange text in item descriptions looks more like a list of mods affecting some entity (you?, your harbingers?, the enemy harbingers?). To me, people trying to make "storytelling-like" descriptions are way off.

Like, the last line in The Fracturing Spinner Blunt Arrow Quiver looks like it would say "Your skills that fork/(chain?) have increased accuracy.", from "you <possessive> skills <conjunction "that"> fork(/chain?) <verb "receive/are granted"> increased chance <preposition "of"> hitting."

Likewise, the first line of The Fracturing Spinner would be just "You have increased accuracy.", from "you <possessive> increased chance <preposition "of"> hitting".
Last edited by BlowITA on Aug 29, 2017, 10:02:33 AM
"
BlowITA wrote:
I don't know why, but to me, the orange text in item descriptions looks more like a list of mods affecting some entity (you?, your harbingers?, the enemy harbingers?)

Yes I think that was the consensus of many of us before Bex's announcement today, in which she states:

'When arranged in a specific order, the flavour text from the Harbinger unique items tells the history of the Harbingers, and what led to their arrival in Wraeclast.'

Kanta_yokuba, the symbol you identified as totem actually means fire. The Harbinger you see is a harbinger that uses flame dash. Sometimes the small squares in Harbinger glyphs are drawn as plus signs.

Freggers, I assumed that, since those three symbols were not connected in any way, they were just being used as an example of the kind of pictographs you can see in the Harbinger language. Though the paragraph above does refer to time, so maybe you have a case there.
Last edited by locobilbo on Aug 29, 2017, 11:04:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info