Harbinger language/symbol translation

That would be helpful, I'll try working a bit with it. What made me not think so was that the big dot with the small horizontal arrow to the right of it, means belonging to.

But yeah, I find in my translation attempts all the time that I want to use the vertical convex arrows (I think that is english meaning arrows pointing at each other from up and down?) for possessive form.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
"
Stefouch wrote:
I'd like to add we really need to find the meaning of this symbol:

Whithout this one, it's nearly impossible to translate the flavor texts.

God, Kitava
Debuff, Ailment
Exile, Mortal
Exiles, Everyone
Approach, Land

No one really knows except for GGG in what they decided it means, but still fun to take guesses. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 21, 2017, 9:37:05 AM
i've noticed in my play throughs that some harbingers used convocation for their summons and some didn't. but as far as i could tell, there didn't seem to be able correlation between that and their names. is this even worth mentioning?

anyone else noticed some harbingers used convocation and some didn't?
"
Zorajin wrote:

It's a shame we don't have more to work with. Most people seem to have gone silent and busy with other stuff. And I could prolly make sense in my head of the symbols in hundreds of different incorrect ways.

Still here :) Just need more time to play the game, reach endgame, explore "Beachhead" and look for clues, just dont have enough time. Haven't even seen those totems myself yet...

"
SmackyChan wrote:

anyone else noticed some harbingers used convocation and some didn't?

They all do that. When minions get too far away they recall them.

Edit:
On the official Harbinger league announcement it says: "If you're able to find the origin of the Harbingers and halt their arrival...". "halt their arrival", doesn't that mean a temporary setback/delay and that their arrival is inevitable? I wonder, will we see more of them in the future? Would be interesting if we could enter their realm.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 21, 2017, 2:00:58 PM
"
Toshis8 wrote:

Still here :) Just need more time to play the game, reach endgame, explore "Beachhead" and look for clues, just dont have enough time. Haven't even seen those totems myself yet...

Obeslisks don't add much. All totems I've seen had the same symbols, 3 at one side and one of each from first side on remaining sides. Here's a screenshot if you want.
New skills of Harbingers don't seem to be depicted. I met one using Magma Orb, he had a set of usual symbols. A pity.

Spoiler
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Toshis8 wrote:

On the official Harbinger league announcement it says: "If you're able to find the origin of the Harbingers and halt their arrival...".

I think this just refers to the fact that the unique map is called the beachhead and that you have to stop the harbinger's invasion by destroying the portal. Although one can easily speculate that they might be harbingers for the next challenge league.

It would be really cool if we could work out what is happening next league through translating their language, or if the symbols on the gate indicated different spells we needed to use during the fight to unlock a hidden unique. However, after all the complaints about this league, if there really was some meaning behind the language GGG would have probably have dropped us a hint by now.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:

Obeslisks don't add much. All totems I've seen had the same symbols, 3 at one side and one of each from first side on remaining sides. Here's a screenshot if you want.
New skills of Harbingers don't seem to be depicted. I met one using Magma Orb, he had a set of usual symbols. A pity.

Spoiler

Yeah, it seems that GGG went wrong with the updates. For example, here is Harbinger I've met:

It had/did:
1. cold aura.
2. Magma orb, which completely doesn't make sense because it has righteous fire symbols.
3. Blueish searing bond like ability between him and his minions which is not depicted in his name.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 23, 2017, 4:51:10 AM
"
Toshis8 wrote:

Yeah, it seems that GGG went wrong with the updates. For example, here is Harbinger I've met:

It had/did:
1. cold aura.
2. Magma orb, which completely doesn't make sense because it has righteous fire symbols.
3. Blueish searing bond like ability between him and his minions which is not depicted in his name.

Based on the stuff we've got written down on the google doc, i also agree that magma orb and the recently added skills aren't included in the harbinger's name description.

As far as I can tell, the screenshot says to me a harbinger with a hatred aura and righteous fire.

On a side note, does anyone have a clear screenshot of the final boss harbinger from beachhead?
Last edited by SmackyChan on Aug 25, 2017, 12:08:32 AM
I have several beachheads, but I'm not going to run them without my friend. I'll take screenshot tomorrow if you'll still need it.
Sorry for late reply, wasn't feeling well yesterday.
Here's Harbinger boss if you still need:

Spoiler

Last edited by DemonikPath on Aug 27, 2017, 12:54:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info