[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Clear speed:
Not having actually played his variation in the end-game makes it difficult for me to usefully comment, though I suspect the clear speed using shield charge or whirling blades is quite good. I can say that the variation of this build using Devoto's certainly doesn't feel slow on clear, though the tankier version that does not use Devoto's is definitely happier with an alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline.

Curses:
Ignoring elemental curse mods on maps is achieved in this build by having 109%+ ele res.
Ignoring vuln as a curse with 6k EHP vs. dealing with it with 10k EHP . . . .
Enfeeble doesn't affect a totem build anyway
Temp chains is in fact a PITA and that advantage I would have to give to the kikazaru based build.

Kaom's roots:
We can take unwavering stance with the nodes not being used for crit. With plenty left over.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Clear speed:
Temp chains is in fact a PITA and that advantage I would have to give to the kikazaru based build.
-O

Ever since they changed how flasks interacted with mapmod curses it was a nonissue really, I had maybe 95% uptime on tempchains immunity with below flask unless I fucked up and had to backtravel a huge part of the map or something. One exception would be tempchain ontop of -50% reduced flask charges gained, just requires some more flask management and not spam them mindlessly.

edit: quick vid with tempchains which should also give you an idea on general clear speed.

I read up a bit more on what's coming in 3.1 and I'd say it heavily depends on if there's any new suitable items that could make a crit templar work properly. Adding storm barrier for the witherlink (elder/shaper item?) would be a nice addition to generate charges somehow... but then you would need to be hit which isn't ideal on bosses. Meh, dunno. VP seemingly being a shadow of itself should bump us up few notches on the powerscale, they could nerf something core on DP ofcourse, need patch notes!

New patch new possibilities. With pre3.1 info I'd recommend Hiero for HC and scion crit as an additional option for SC. Possible patch additions might make crit Hiero an alternative. Maybe someone should look into going flat eledmg as someone did on previous page and go crit inquisitor? Elecrit inq with soul mantle, sure sounds rippy in hc tho..
Last edited by Lysithea on Nov 24, 2017, 8:16:27 AM
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
Orion72 wrote:
Clear speed:
-O

Ever since they changed how flasks interacted with mapmod curses it was a nonissue really, I had maybe 95% uptime on tempchains immunity with below flask unless I fucked up and had to backtravel a huge part of the map or something. One exception would be tempchain ontop of -50% reduced flask charges gained, just requires some more flask management and not spam them mindlessly.

edit: quick vid with tempchains which should also give you an idea on general clear speed.

I read up a bit more on what's coming in 3.1 and I'd say it heavily depends on if there's any new suitable items that could make a crit templar work properly. Adding storm barrier for the witherlink (elder/shaper item?) would be a nice addition to generate charges somehow... but then you would need to be hit which isn't ideal on bosses. Meh, dunno. VP seemingly being a shadow of itself should bump us up few notches on the powerscale, they could nerf something core on DP ofcourse, need patch notes!

New patch new possibilities. With pre3.1 info I'd recommend Hiero for HC and scion crit as an additional option for SC. Possible patch additions might make crit Hiero an alternative. Maybe someone should look into going flat eledmg as someone did on previous page and go crit inquisitor? Elecrit inq with soul mantle, sure sounds rippy in hc tho..

Thanks for the clip :)

Did anyone ever consider the tree variant below (level 93)? It seems to have all important nodes. Most other passive trees miss one of the totem clusters. DPS in PoB (think import from Orion) went from 62 > 66K and I gained some more resists at the cost of 200 life.

However I must say that Lysithea's tree looks the best if you are prepared to skip on Unwavering Stance. @Lysithea which pantheons do you use?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAUCABzcly2pbvauCPQB51ivWfOPGsau_EuUbyycvKpqQ-98FCB4DQSzNZIQzBpsQ8hY5W6qRUej8oUywGafy2jySsT4k1XGOlK3PmZU0f3QHycvXl3wHzwtl_QYkaeUtfLVprzqbRnvDrUEdSo9X7yfSU9fKkGHTLPYvcAafIMOPJrgSshPBGSEW6A6FgRR2mKXleQiaHR7IEWdeWhmnoNfGjgYVgOaBAdTUoPbNuiiACSqKhOMRnhpES1yDzLRkFV8DvnoaFpvO18_pzD-CoaC6-QrJuNq-tI8Ba9swQSnVTbpC2FaKwagUlODzBRN-b0Wb_6H7-txYuvuLKc=
Last edited by foojin on Nov 26, 2017, 5:56:55 AM
Lunaris and Ralakesh

I didn't feel like stuns has been an issue on this char and that's coming from a guy that hates being stunned, probably due to a combination of maxlvl IC and sort of high HP and some misc armor/eva. I usually always go UW or ScornGloves+LeoHelmEnchant+RangerNodes to get my immunity otherwise.
Last edited by Lysithea on Nov 26, 2017, 4:26:29 PM
Playing this in Mayhem, and got to say, so far it's one of the best builds I've played in a while (Not actually in maps yet as spent too long farming exiles and strongboxes, never been this overlevelled!).

RF totem used to be my go to safe build, but this is tankier, with better clear speed. It's especially good for mayhem as you can just pre-set totems for strongboxes, and it's super safe for nasty invasion bosses.

Hopefully will get some time to play tonight and get into maps, and get some gear - gear is currently trash apart from the core 2 x apeps and a tabula. Had a quick blast this morning and found a xoph's amulet so should hav a bit of currency.

should I follow the most recent passive tree? or is the ones you have on the original first page

still good to follow as well?

because I see the tree is moving around alot and so I want to make the best choices

I am level 54 btw
Last edited by xXHardToBeatXx on Nov 27, 2017, 1:01:19 PM
I'm having a blast with this build so far, but I'm in a bad habit of always being too slow to hit my life flasks. I'm wondering if there's some way to possibly incorporate some life leech into the setup?

Thanks for this super fun build!
Only way I can think of to get leech on this type of build is to use trolltimber as a shield. But I feel the tradeoffs are unlikely to be worth it. Getting your chaos res to where you can use forbidden taste (if you aren't already) will make flask use much more comfortable-this is my best recommendation.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
Getting your chaos res to where you can use forbidden taste (if you aren't already) will make flask use much more comfortable-this is my best recommendation.

-O

I will look into this. Thank you so much
Still having a blast in Mayhem - only level 83 due to lack of play time and spending too much time running strongboxes in low tier maps.
Sneaked in a quick half hour yesterday, during which I managed to 6l my covenant and when I vaaled my old tabula, hit +1 gems, so a fairly profitable 30 mins (Also found an ex, got a mortal hope from diviners and a bunch of unique maps)

If I can make some currency I might try and buy a BBBRRG skin of the loyal to corrupt (Would use n empower over faster casting in a +2) - just to try it.

Using the Covenant feels a bit better under heavy breach mob pressure - I was going OOM quite a lot beforehand, especially while under forbidden taste degen.
I've just done a bit of a respec halfway between OPs and Lysithea's (sp?) variation. Trying to get a bit more life and head for unwavering stance, but probably not going for dark arts. I might drop the devoto's and dream frgaments combo too for more defence (Or a decent chaos damage ring if I can craft - got greedy on the decent one I rolled and slammed and bricked it instead of crafting). Could do with a little more chaos res now I've dropped it from tree too.

Fragments is a really good cheap option in general though, and may use if I ever get to hydra, or run tul breachstone.
Devotos is nice, but for what I'm mostly running in mayhem (Breaches and boxes) flasks give me move speed I need. Rare I guess but voll's vision or mindspiral are interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info