[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

This looks pretty good! I have a question though. I'm trying to decide on a build for Mayhem, would this work? I obviously won't be able to get a Tabula on a starter (Unless I'm stupid lucky), so was just wondering how this would be as a starter with no money.
where are the vids for guardians and shaper?
"
m0onknight wrote:
This looks pretty good! I have a question though. I'm trying to decide on a build for Mayhem, would this work? I obviously won't be able to get a Tabula on a starter (Unless I'm stupid lucky), so was just wondering how this would be as a starter with no money.

If you can run a few exiles everywhere zones early on, you have a decent chance at getting one (exiles have high rarity, plus at tthat level, it's a fairly small drop pool).

Otherwise by the time you get to blood aqueduct, running that with spirits/strongboxes/breaches should make farming humilty cards fairly easy.
One query, as I'm considering something like this for Mayhem - how important is uber lab, as would normally not even try for trials on a 10 day. Does the lack of reduced/free mana cost hurt much?
"
Carlovski wrote:
One query, as I'm considering something like this for Mayhem - how important is uber lab, as would normally not even try for trials on a 10 day. Does the lack of reduced/free mana cost hurt much?

You lose a bunch of ES and you might need to run a manapot for a while longer maybe? Other than that it should be a nonissue. Can't say I remember much difference when I got it, then again it's been a while. Think you can go up to lvl 11 arcanesurge without the nodes.

Removing those 2nodes yields below diff on my setup, manacost increase is on DP totem.

Last edited by Lysithea on Nov 22, 2017, 3:37:13 PM
yesterday decided to try this build before 3.1 and loving it so far,i'm level 63 with just 1 death so far,really fun to play and melts everything away,this will be my starter for 3.1 for sure.
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

You lose a bunch of ES and you might need to run a manapot for a while longer maybe? Other than that it should be a nonissue. Can't say I remember much difference when I got it, then again it's been a while. Think you can go up to lvl 11 arcanesurge without the nodes.

Removing those 2nodes yields below diff on my setup, manacost increase is on DP totem.

Cheers, so it's a fair chunk of paper EHP but ES was the unreliable portion anyway.
Maybe I will do uberlab anyway, trials will be pretty easy on the build - not like running a vaal pact berserker abysuss type setup!
And yeah, better arcane surge compensates a bit too, hadn't thought about that.
How does this build compare for endgame with the Scion one from SHEPUUURD which uses soul mantle and double curse rings?
Last edited by foojin on Nov 24, 2017, 3:50:52 AM
The short answer (after reading through the other build thread) is:

1. Damage vs. Survivability
2. Expense

SHEPUUURD's build is marvelous for SC and will unquestionably out dps this one. But it looks like it tops out in the 6k-7k EHP range. This one was originally conceived as an hc build. It still has enough dps to complete virtually all endgame content (with the exception of the CI exiles in Hall of Grandmasters) and can get in excess of 10k EHP+2K ES.

SHEPUUURD's build is also crit based. Gearing for crit always costs. This one runs efficiently up to T16s on 2 apeps and a tabula.

There are other differences, but those are the primary considerations from my perspective.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Nov 24, 2017, 4:48:36 AM
"
Orion72 wrote:
The short answer (after reading through the other build thread) is:

1. Damage vs. Survivability
2. Expense

SHEPUUURD's build is marvelous for SC and will unquestionably out dps this one. But it looks like it tops out in the 6k-7k EHP range. This one was originally conceived as an hc build. It still has enough dps to complete virtually all endgame content (with the exception of the CI exiles in Hall of Grandmasters) and can get in excess of 10k EHP+2K ES.

SHEPUUURD's build is also crit based. Gearing for crit always costs. This one runs efficiently up to T16s on 2 apeps and a tabula.

There are other differences, but those are the primary considerations from my perspective.

-O

Thanks about the extended reply, what do you think about clear speed? He uses shield charge (which also adds fort as a defence bonus), however it seems that your build has more totems + placement speed which also counts for something?

Then we have his ability to use kaoms roots (nice for stun, freeze, chill immunity) and not having to deal with curse mods on maps seems really nice as well.
Last edited by foojin on Nov 24, 2017, 4:57:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info