[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Interesting, i will try this, thank you :)
Replace faster casting with concentrated effect for 25% more damage.

I don't think 4 totems ascendancy is good choice. Each totem causes 7% less damage.
4 totem = 28% less damage
so
4 totems deal 72% each and that is 288% total.
If you go with tukohama shield you deal 3*100% = 300%

Illuminated devotion might be a better choice. Perhaps some curses with higher 40% aoe bonus? Enfeeble? 30% LESS enemy damage is surely more valuable than 55% increased spell damage
Last edited by Inferius90 on Aug 11, 2017, 7:56:06 AM
The four totems might be doing 288% damage, but you are forgetting about having two Apep's. So 76 - 82% increased spell damage, and the added chaos damage that is on each wand.
Re COD: I looked at this possibility but have not pursued it for two reasons. First, because COD has no life, I'm not sure it would actually improve our EHP/tankiness overall. Second, a 6 link is key to this build and the cost of a 6-link COD is currently prohibitive. If you get a chance to try it out, do let us know how the math ends up working.

Re updated POB link:

Here is the pastebin link to the character at lvl 90 with fully leveled primary gems and reasonably decent gear: https://pastebin.com/QKfFDFbT

At this point, particularly with forbidden taste, the build can pretty much alc, vaal, and go for anything up to T13/T14, and can walk over T15/T16 rolled reasonably except for boss fights, which I feel should be approached with respect. I am confident that in the hands of someone experienced at the fight, the build can do shaper. Whether I personally will succeed if I face him (given my relative inexperience with the fight) is another story, so I'm putting that off for a bit yet. Similar feeling regarding Uber Atziri. Watching how the build can tear up a T14/T15 breach also makes me believe it will do well against the breachlords if I ever gather enough splinters.

Re Conc vs. Faster casting: This is a matter of taste, I thnk. Personally, for mapping and mobile bosses I generally prefer not using conc effect. For mapping I feel that the extra aoe and cast speed on the totems improves our clear more than the extra damage. For fast moving bosses, the extra aoe makes them easier to hit and esier to get overlapping fields of fire with the active totems. I could certainly see replacing faster casting with conc for a few specific fights like Atziri / Kitava / Vaal where the boss is entirely immobile. On this issue, even more than usual, ymmv.

Re 4 totems vs. 3 or Tukohama's shield: Please see my reply earlier in the thread regarding tactics available for top-tier content with 4 totems that are unavailable with three. Tukohama's shield comes at the cost of using blood magic. This would render MOM useless and instantly drop us from over 12k EHP to under 7k EHP, since most of the ES comes from the 30% of mana converted to ES ascendancy. That does not sound like fun to me. You are, as always, welcome to try it out and see how it goes, and I would be interested to read the results.

Re Curses: We use enfeeble. Two of them. Linked to separate CWDTs. This is sufficient to have enfeeble up most of the time against any enemies presenting a significant threat.

Level 90 defensive stats:
Life: 6210 Regen 403/sec or 506/sec with stone golem
Mana: 4034 Regen 287/sec or 402/sec with arcane surge
ES: 2277

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 11, 2017, 8:23:15 AM
Still this is probably best build for dark pact. Even after totems hp nerf it's viable for endgame
As long as it clears T15 it's fine by me. For shaper just go lowlife.
Last edited by Inferius90 on Aug 11, 2017, 8:33:27 AM
Very interesting build and great write-up! I may have overlooked, and sorry if I did, but in what order did you do the Ascendancy nodes?
"
Swerv wrote:
Very interesting build and great write-up! I may have overlooked, and sorry if I did, but in what order did you do the Ascendancy nodes?

Pursuit of Faith, Ritual o Awakening, Divine Guidance, Sanctuary of thought
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Current level 72, rushing into t5+, the clear speed it's fcking amazing, my gear still garbage and im missing 2 labs.

Also a Clear Mind jewel, my current tooltip its 11k.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
For an example of the build in action at lvl 90 against a -slightly- rippy map, link shows T12 shaped mudgeyser with breach, beyond, ele weakness, +107% fire damage, and Twin bosses. (Also added in video section of guide)

[edited]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3FmG0yGtJ8

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 12, 2017, 12:51:31 AM
"
Orion72 wrote:
For an example of the build in action at lvl 90 against a -slightly- rippy map, link shows T12 shaped mudgeyser with breach, beyond, ele weakness, +107% fire damage, and Twin bosses. (Also added in video section of guide)

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=J3FmG0yGtJ8

-O

working link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3FmG0yGtJ8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info