[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
Mawwk wrote:
Just killed my First guardian yesterday, got a Forge of the Phoenix map using harb orbs and decided to give a shot, dont remember the mods, just alched and openned.
Phoenix was super easy (my first guardian kill in hardcore), i wasnt using Conc in the main links for the fight and took 2 minutes to kill, didnt used any portals and i didnt get hit a single time by any of the attacks, the only problem in the fight it's the totems killing themselves so fast.
Im not using the frenzy setup, just arcane surge buff, now that i have added Conc instead faster casting the fights will be alot easier with more damage. Tooltip it's 28k right now.
Also, if anyone is wondering, Uber lab is a joke for this build.
Frenzy is nice damage. Would definitely help with your issues.
"
Orion72 wrote:
Re picking maps: Personally, I did everything available on the atlas. There doesn't appear to be anything the build isn't capable of doing. :> (There is one notable exception to this boast--the build as is will never be able to complete the hall of grandmasters, as there are enemies in that map that are completely immune to chaos damage due to CI. A relatively minor concession, but a real one.)
-O

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply.

You might be right about the maps, altough i probably stick to shaped ones mostly while i level up.
One point here - which is not very specific to this build - is that some of the most popular shaper orb candidates have chaos resistant bosses (thinking colonnade, promenade). Before 3.0 this was a non issue since any decent build exploded them anyhow, but right now maybe it is worth considering (even the tier 9-10 versions take a little while to kill).

As for limitations of the build other than HoG...give Abaxoth a go on a chaos resistance+, TC map. NOT technically impossible (I died 3 times and got him down to around 60% before turning my tail) but...well, just try it :)
Last edited by Artagas on Aug 23, 2017, 10:55:20 AM
Hey,

What about this chest, is it any good? Seems nice to me.

And by the way, what about dex? I miss soo much dex I had to lose 4 passives just to get +30 and +20 node ;/
Last edited by Shoxu on Aug 23, 2017, 3:47:39 PM
been playing this build since OP posted it ( respec from Frostbolt totems). Current gear:
Spoiler

Not using Frenzy because of DEX restrinctions for MF gear.
Most of maps alch and run, for non regen maps recommend an extra mana or HP flask.

PD: while was running an Abyss map this dropped
Spoiler
, so now im thinking about use PoB and try something with crit for this build (before 2.3 , i´ve played dual VB shockwave totem with witch and using old Cloak of defiance)
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Pretty fun build. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. In case you guys wanna see more gameplay, here's a shaped Atoll clear with a couple of sextants (lvl 88):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASPSd48osE&feature=youtu.be

So clear speed is pretty good, as long as you just keep running forward and putting totems into packs of mobs. Have to run back for drops though. Excuse the nooby boss kill, definitely not used to killing bosses with this guy yet. Even forgot to flame dash for dps =P
Hey since I didn't get a response, should i follow the gems you have in your gem socket or the ones you have in your gear?
thanks in advance
For Dex, I run Careful Planning in my witch jewel slot and was able to max all gems and wear all gear with some Dex here and there on rings/ amulets etc. I also have over-capped resists from gear.
Re gem links:

The gem links evolved for me over time. Recommend using the ones shown in the most recent version of my character, or such variation as you like better.

Re dex:

You don't need much for a fully leveled void manipulation, and GMP/faster attacks don't need to be leveled all the way. A single roll on a piece of gear was enough in my version of the build.

Re Beast fur shawl:
No flat life, no flat Mana, extra damage taken makes this not my favorite. That said, experiment and see if you like it, always.

-O
Thanks for the quick response, just to be sure you mean your gems in "Current gear:" at your first post right? or can I view your character elsewhere that I don't know about?
Also another question, what is the point of the minion/totem resistance support gem when we have capped totem resistance, is it for -resi maps?
Last edited by Johansenn on Aug 23, 2017, 11:07:52 PM
Hey, a reminder on the Frenzy setup:

You don't do damage anyway (assuming you took Ancestral Bond). You use Frenzy for the buff, not for the damage the skill itself does. Both Frenzy and GMP only bring more damage to the skill as you level them, which does nothing for you. Only the Faster Attacks gem actually benefits you by leveling it.

Void Manipulation requires a 70 dex at level 20. With a 70 dex you can run a level 4 Frenzy, a level 8 Faster Attacks, and a level 3 GMP. All you lose over having level 20 gems in all three slots is some attack speed on the Frenzy skill itself. That's not great - it does take me longer to get the initial 3 frenzy charges than I'd like, given low attack speed and poor accuracy - but it's a lot better than gimping other stats by over-indulging in dex and it's WAY better than losing a 12% more damage bonus and a 12% cast speed bonus.

I'd really recommend you take the Frenzy setup unless you absolutely have something better to do with those sockets.

Anyway, this build is amazing. I cleared all 5 T15 maps plus Vaal Temple tonight, something I've never done, at level 89. Core is a hard map and it was pretty difficult, but the others were downright easy - something that really surprised me on Dark Forest and Vaal Temple. I'm really looking forward to my first go at the Shaper in a few days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info