[Not a Bug] Chaos Inoculation Bug

Hello,

I recently died in hardcore mode about 30 mins after getting the passive skill Chaos Inoculaton, how refreshing =).

The weird thing about this death, is that the status of my characters Energy Shield was 518/603, and in the same moment, the status of my Life was 0/1.

Have I totaly been missunderstanding the description and effect of the passive skill Chaos Inoculation?

If not, then how the hell is this possible :D?

Chaos Inoculation:
- Provides Immunity to Chaos Damage (only damage type that ignores the energy shield)
- 80% more Maximum Energy Shield
- Maximum Life becomes 1

Is there a exception in this case?

Is there another damage type or active skill that ignores the energy shield that I am not currently aware of, and made me die in this case?

Some background information about the scenario:
Class: Witch
Level: 37
Location when bug uccurred: Cruel -> Act 2 -> River Crossings
Screen shot: http://i43.tinypic.com/kdtp1u.jpg

As you see in the screenshot, my Energy Shield is 518/603 and my Life is 0/1.
Last edited by 3x157 on Feb 14, 2012, 8:20:50 PM
That's not good! I'll investigate, see what went on! If you're able to get it to happen again, that'd be good.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your character! ;_;
Balance & Design
Just to check, you didn't have any "takes 10% life of mana gained" on it? It seems our local servers don't have the most recent version of your character yet. Please don't delete it before we can copy it over! :D
Balance & Design
Great, quick answer =).

Nope, didnt have anything like "takes 10% life of mana gained", I just checked everything on it.

I wont delete it, I will try to get the same thing to happen again.

Yes, RIP hehe, but this is what beta is about =).
It seems your second mana flask, the "Caustic Colossal Mana Flask of Dousing" removes 30% of mana recovered from life when used... so that's probably what got you! :O
Balance & Design
Ahh, crap, wtf... xD

Great, tought that being paranoid about monsters in game coming to close was enough to keep you alive for a while, not your own mana flasks! lmao

Is this a game function that will remain?

I just thinks its funny, no baby sitter kind of thinking =).

I bet many players would get killed this way tho, how funny.
"
3x157 wrote:
I bet many players would get killed this way tho, how funny.

Hehe, I died in the same way.
Ah I googled Chaotic Innoculation because I kept dying , it seems my 3rd mana flask was killing me lol .

I thought I was being poisoned or something weird .

Fixed now thanks :)
Are there any plans to "fix" this? I believe it would be rather unfair for players to die to their own flasks/potions.

I realize this isn't a spoonfeeding game but something like this should at least be looked more carefully at. It just seems wrong to not count those flasks as "Chaos Damage".
Yeah you can "fix" it...don't use mana flasks that take away life when you are using CI. It is super easy to reroll the mods on magic items especially. The only other "fix" would make it so you couldn't use the flask of that type at all with CI. I personally would rather they don't go that route as it takes the thinking out of it.

And yes I have killed myself with a "removes 10% of mana from life" flask while running away from packs even without CI and wondered wtf happened. Figured it out, had a good laugh, and then rerolled the mods on the flask.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info