Act 10 Kitava fight is absolutely stupid

The fights overtuned more than than Malachai was when act 4 came out.

GGG, stop balancing around portal scrolls. If the average user is expected to either portal constantly or die constantly, your balance team did something really fucking wrong.
I did the fight today, and honestly its really not that difficult, seems to me people are just overexaggerating things on an unknown fight

1. hes much, much easier than merc malachai, even if you dont know the fight. far less physical/cold damage and far less stray stuff that can hit you for a lot of hit points. also, there is virtually no chance of you taking two consecutive hits in a row, unlike malachai.

2. his only huge one-shot ability is the second phase fire nova that takes up most of the arena, and that is telegraphed PLUS it takes like a second for fire ground to do damage. once you realize there are 'safe zones' just like in atziri fight, that ability is kinda countered.

his adds actually hit harder than he does in a lot of cases (kinda like chimera)
but theres a lot of them so on-kill procs and flask charges get filled up quick
yes, for adds, you need some defenses and some acceptable deeps to not get overwhelmed. you cant full glass cannon this fight I dont think, nor can you fight comfortably with subpar dps (4 link should be fine for most skills though)

going in blind, I portaled out just once, after I got hit by the fire nova the first time and didnt realize where to go/didnt know the telegraph sign

3k hp/700 mana MoM/cap resists. enfeeble, AA, fortify on whirling blades, basalt were all my defenses. also had acro/phase acro, not sure how much it helped.
"
grepman wrote:
I did the fight today, and honestly its really not that difficult, seems to me people are just overexaggerating things on an unknown fight

1. hes much, much easier than merc malachai, even if you dont know the fight. far less physical/cold damage and far less stray stuff that can hit you for a lot of hit points. also, there is virtually no chance of you taking two consecutive hits in a row, unlike malachai.

2. his only huge one-shot ability is the second phase fire nova that takes up most of the arena, and that is telegraphed PLUS it takes like a second for fire ground to do damage. once you realize there are 'safe zones' just like in atziri fight, that ability is kinda countered.

his adds actually hit harder than he does in a lot of cases (kinda like chimera)
yes, for adds, you need some defenses and some acceptable deeps to not get overwhelmed. you cant full glass cannon this fight I dont think, nor can you fight comfortably with subpar dps (4 link should be fine for most skills though)

going in blind, I portaled out just once, after I got hit by the fire nova the first time and didnt realize where to go/didnt know the telegraph sign

3k hp/700 mana MoM/cap resists. enfeeble, AA, fortify on whirling blades, basalt were all my defenses. also had acro/phase acro, not sure how much it helped.

I got 1 shot by a mine while he was doing his fire nova. Avoided the nova, had no place to go from there. 4.1k life with good amount of armor on a Sunder Gladiator.
"
Ryanrules wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I got 1 shot by a mine while he was doing his fire nova. Avoided the nova, had no place to go from there. 4.1k life with good amount of armor on a Sunder Gladiator.
hmm, I didnt come close to one shot besides the nova. fight does demand a lot of mobility, but sunder is generally a very mobile build, moreso than my build. I did it on SR cwc glacial cascade which I guess is kinda meta nowadays (at least SR) but Id always lose SR stacks so my deeps wasnt amazing or anything in a 4L
Yeah it was frustrating to put the time in to get it up there, 1 fight away from maps and to die like that.

I basically was cornered regardless because of the fire nova and had no option to move out of the way of the mine. Thought maybe it would take the damage, but alas it did not.
It's ok. Cheapskates who didn't want to buy Dark Souls got their wish.

Now everyone else has to suffer no longer playing a proper ARPG. Not outscaling your opponents allowed.
"
grepman wrote:

Lol are you drunk? fight was way harder than merc malachai and a lot less room to maneuver around too.
The fight would not be that hard with a little bit more room. There is fucking AOE everywhere.
"
There is fucking AOE everywhere.

Now you know what it feels like.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
"
There is fucking AOE everywhere.

Now you know what it feels like.

You must be playing Avatar of Fire. That burn...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info