[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
kr4zed_j0o wrote:
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
kr4zed_j0o wrote:
Thanks a lot for this guide.. I had a quick (probably newbie) question..

How did you get a 5-6L Covenant (personally and logically)? A crap load of Jewelers/Fusings? Or is there some better way to do it?

Thanks again!

PoE.Trade Link

Ahhh okay thanks. Well stop hyping the armor up before it gets more expensive then!! :P:P

Well the armor itself is a random "buy" gift from Level 8 masters after daily quests so it's price cannot go up as people will always be able to find them for 8 chaos at times from doing master quests. Now, the masters don't guarantee any specific number of sockets or links, but the armor itself won't rise in cost.

Same is true for Apep's Rage - Level 8 Master quest buyable for 8 chaos that "randomly" appears. So do not pay more than 8 chaos for those.

Also, for those that are not aware:
Vorici at Level 4 offers to make 5 link your sockets per his crafting bench for 150 fusings. At level 7 6-link your sockets for 1,500 fusings.
Vorici at Level 5 offers to make 5 sockets for 70 Jeweler Orbs, At Level 6, 6 sockets for 350 Jeweler Orbs.

So with 1,500 fusing & 350 Jeweler Orbs you are guaranteed a 6-Link armor. Now, 1,500 fusings are worth about 660 chaos in current currency exchange, so it's easier to just buy a 6-Link (about 400 chaos), but if you swimming in fusings you don't need to.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 16, 2017, 10:33:18 AM
Hey,
I've been using this build recently, and it's pretty good.
I'm using 2x void batterie and a 5L carcass jack, i really like the AoE it gives me, the clearspeed is insane with : Rarity: Unique

I switch for
on bosses.

Sometimes i get one shot by mobs, i don't really get why but hey ... i'm in softcore :p
"

Well the armor itself is a random "buy" gift from Level 8 masters after daily quests so it's price cannot go up as people will always be able to find them for 8 chaos at times from doing master quests. Now, the masters don't guarantee any specific number of sockets or links, but the armor itself won't rise in cost.

Same is true for Apep's Rage - Level 8 Master quest buyable for 8 chaos that "randomly" appears. So do not pay more than 8 chaos for those.

Good to know! Thanks!

One more question.. I noticed that you're using a high level of Vaal Haste and Increased Duration Support with your low level Cast While Damage Taken gem. Do those gem levels not matter in that setup?
Last edited by kr4zed_j0o on Aug 16, 2017, 10:30:36 AM
"
kr4zed_j0o wrote:

One more question.. I noticed that you're using a high level of Vaal Haste and Increased Duration Support with your low level Cast While Damage Taken gem. Do those gem levels not matter in that setup?

I don't want CWDT triggering my Vaal Haste (it will only trigger appropriately leveled linked gems based on it's level - read the description). Increased Duration is a pure support gem so it's not triggerable by CWDT as there is nothing to trigger. CWDT purely triggers Immortal Call which is then increased in length by Increased Duration regardless of the level of Increased Duration (hence max). Vaal Haste, when self-triggered by me, is also increased in length by Increased Duration and I want it up as long as it can be.

I should probably raise the level of the CWDT + IC setup as we do have endurance charges from Warlord's Mark and the length of time IC is up increases based on endurance charges + the Increased Duration.
Nostrademous
"
loukoumz wrote:
Hey,
I've been using this build recently, and it's pretty good.
I'm using 2x void batterie and a 5L carcass jack, i really like the AoE it gives me, the clearspeed is insane with : Rarity: Unique

I switch for
on bosses.

Sometimes i get one shot by mobs, i don't really get why but hey ... i'm in softcore :p

Carcass Jack is a good option "providing" you don't have mana issues.

The Covenant allows us to not worry about mana while still having mana to reserve for curses/auras. Also, it provides us a 7-Link essentially (if you get a 6-link one).
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 16, 2017, 10:43:41 AM
I don't have any mana problem so far, except maybe when i'm in a no regen map and i over cast my DP.
Can't wait to get a 6 link, i think the build will really shine.
Ultimately, I will probably try a tri-curse setup using:

This would be: Warlord's + Assassin's + Poacher's/Enfeeble/Temporal (one of those)

Once, and if ever, I get a 6-Link Covenant I would probably throw Life Leech as a gem and drop Warlord's Mark and do:
Assassin's + Poacher's + Enfeeble/Temporal
Nostrademous
I really like the idea of 3 curses, temporal chain / enfeelble might be a solution to my one shot problem.
"
loukoumz wrote:
I really like the idea of 3 curses, temporal chain / enfeelble might be a solution to my one shot problem.

So you will need a +1 curse amulet corruption or stay with Doedre's Ring after picking up Malediction ascendancy.
Nostrademous
How much survivalability did you lose without Wicked Ward/Vile Bastion? If I don't like to rely heavily on flasks juggling for survivalability, should I go for Vile Bastion instead of Meladiction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info