[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Tobinator wrote:
int is at 1411 avg damage is now 8700 but i still miss like 5-700 life :D

OK, that's just fine for lv 89, and you can kill everything with this already, just not quite as comfortably as with 7k life.

You can get more life from just leveling, in this league especially, lv 96 in Beachhead is a breeze, it only gets tedious after that. Or you can look for rares with more life (as long as they still have good Int).

The most life you need is about 7.2k to comfortably survive Uber Atziri. For everything else, 6-6.5k is perfectly fine.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Tobinator wrote:
int is at 1411 avg damage is now 8700 but i still miss like 5-700 life :D

OK, that's just fine for lv 89, and you can kill everything with this already, just not quite as comfortably as with 7k life.

You can get more life from just leveling, in this league especially, lv 96 in Beachhead is a breeze, it only gets tedious after that. Or you can look for rares with more life (as long as they still have good Int).

The most life you need is about 7.2k to comfortably survive Uber Atziri. For everything else, 6-6.5k is perfectly fine.

I still got some dead in chimera boss, when he hide in fog and cant leech. How do u survive it? Just pop flank and go? I still got 1-2 dead at 6k6 hp, and more with nasty mod.
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
I still got some dead in chimera boss, when he hide in fog and cant leech. How do u survive it? Just pop flank and go? I still got 1-2 dead at 6k6 hp, and more with nasty mod.

See the Boss Guide.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
skrecu wrote:
Aurora Cultist possessed Guardian of the Phoenix
This cultist cast vaal cold snap and deal an additional cold damage, since I rather try to avoid charge and bomb than facetank, vaal cold snap just broke some routine during fight, died once...who cares :)

That's what you get for running instead of facetanking! :)

Frankly, results may vary when facetanking Phoenix (since I hate reroll T16 maps, no matter how scarry they are, imho in most cases "standing my ground" is too risky)
Another reason is breaking routine, staying always focused and vigilant, quoting wise one Shaper:
Always stay clear in thought even amidst intoxicating triumph
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Oct 9, 2017, 2:55:46 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

See the Boss Guide.

I do exactly like that, but some time got bad luck and die before i can find him.
Can this build do all breach lord. Kill Tul one quite easily, but dont know we can handle chayula or not, never fight it before.
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

1.get fortify from last adds or Chimera himself just before smoke phase
2.get ready for use quicksilver +basalt + granite after that
control timing and be ready for reuse of quicksilver/life, if necessary
3.beware for re-apperance, with a slice of hp Chimera can one-shot You, avoid facetanking, in most cases You are still in Cloaked in Savagery, You could refill life with one iceshard
4.last but not least: avoid maps with combo:
can not curse monsters/poison on hit/extradmg
reroll temp chains, shocking/desecrate ground
burning ground is annoying too, it makes smoke clouds hard to see

―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Oct 9, 2017, 6:05:46 AM
"
skrecu wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

4.last but not least: avoid maps with combo:
can not curse monsters/poison on hit/extradmg
reroll temp chains, shocking/desecrate ground
burning ground is annoying too, it makes smoke clouds hard to see

That's what i means "nasty mod" =))
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

That's what i means "nasty mod" =))

Ok so You want to gamble with rng...You want it, You get it
Other cases (mods) are making fight very consistent and predictable (except of some cases "persistant cloud"), nasty mods smoke phase is just a gamble, even adds phase is gamble (hard to re-enter and survive with poison/cannot curse/2 additional projectiles/extraeledmgore even faster movement)
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Oct 9, 2017, 6:26:03 AM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
Can this build do all breach lord. Kill Tul one quite easily, but dont know we can handle chayula or not, never fight it before.

It can but keeping up with the timer in the Chayula domain is hard and requires practice. This build does not insta-kill trash, and in that domain you really want to be able to insta-kill. You cannot stop for longer than 1 cast per pack, have to keep moving. The monster density is ridiculously low, and the rares teleport around.

The solution is to use Inc Duration gem so that your Icestorms kill the trash behind you while you move forward (ID instead of FP; Flammability instead of Enfeeble). Alternatively, refund 4 small life nodes and grab the second duration cluster (Exceptional Performance).

Uul-Netol is similar to Chayula, but not quite as tight. If you really want to do it on this build, do several Uul-Netol runs before trying Chayula.

However, the biggest problem is the cost. If you've never done this before, or haven't done it in many months, chances are that you are going to fail the timer on your first try. And the price of that breachstone is insane.

If you really want to farm Chayula (I don't think it's profitable), you'll be better off clearing the trash with any cheap instant dps char (archer or w/e) and then facerolling the boss with WI. All breachlords are trivial for this build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 9, 2017, 1:08:49 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

It can but keeping up with the timer in the Chayula domain is hard and requires practice. This build does not insta-kill trash, and in that domain you really want to be able to insta-kill. You cannot stop for longer than 1 cast per pack, have to keep moving. The monster density is ridiculously low, and the rares teleport around.

The solution is to use Inc Duration gem so that your Icestorms kill the trash behind you while you move forward (ID instead of FP; Flammability instead of Enfeeble). Alternatively, refund 4 small life nodes and grab the second duration cluster (Exceptional Performance).

Uul-Netol is similar to Chayula, but not quite as tight. If you really want to do it on this build, do several Uul-Netol runs before trying Chayula.

However, the biggest problem is the cost. If you've never done this before, or haven't done it in many months, chances are that you are going to fail the timer on your first try. And the price of that breachstone is insane.

If you really want to farm Chayula (I don't think it's profitable), you'll be better off clearing the trash with any cheap instant dps char (archer or w/e) and then facerolling the boss with WI. All breachlords are trivial for this build.

Thanks for the infor. I think i'll pass this, the cost is too much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info