[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

so

thanks your video i endet the storyline with only one death because of misklick. But its totaly strange that the mobs in the ravaged square are much more dangerous then kitava.
thats cost me one death because i was to lazy. They make really big dmg.
Now lets see how it works in maps. I love your build.
Since I'm playing in standard, I use the 100% pyre (so I can drop avatar of fire). I'm messing around with cwc - dropped controlled destruction for some other spell. It looks like I'm losing some wi power, but with vortex I think I'm gaining some larger area?

Anyway, casting ice storm and fire storm at the same time is funny. Already at act 10 and wrecking.

Kevlynn, do you think it's worth dropping something for another spell to go off with cwc?
Been loving the build so far! Just reached level 80. Got 4.3K HP and an average damage of 3.3K so far with around a 1000 int. What HP-pool & avg. damage should I aim for to down T16, Atziri & Shaper?
Question about Scorching Ray in Whispering Ice.

Wouldn't it benefit Scorching Ray to be 6 linked in the Whispering Ice? It would give Scorching Ray all that damage from the support gems as well, right?

So you would have a 6 linked Scorching Ray casting a 6 linked Whispering Ice?

EDIT:

"
Weapon RRBBBB: Cold To Fire, Fire Penetration, Scorching Ray - Cast While Channelling, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus.

Based on the links, I guess you could just 4 link Scorching Ray with CWC, Ele Focus and Fire Pen to get a little more damage?
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Aug 10, 2017, 10:18:00 AM
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:

Wouldn't it benefit Scorching Ray to be 6 linked in the Whispering Ice? It would give Scorching Ray all that damage from the support gems as well, right?

EDIT:

"
Weapon RRBBBB: Cold To Fire, Fire Penetration, Scorching Ray - Cast While Channelling, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus.

Based on the links, I guess you could just 4 link Scorching Ray with CWC, Ele Focus and Fire Pen to get a little more damage?

with the life version i think were keeping scorching ray at level 1 and unlinked to keep the mana cost low since were using all that mana mainly for MoM.
"
Mishisho wrote:
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:

EDIT:

"

with the life version i think were keeping scorching ray at level 1 and unlinked to keep the mana cost low since were using all that mana mainly for MoM.

I can see this, thanks for the reply :)
used the wi build on the previous league and it was awesome
i would like to use it again but i do not want to play Marauder.

Why is it not possible to use this on witch? its because of the lifeleech from ascend?
"
xspeed1 wrote:

Why is it not possible to use this on witch? its because of the lifeleech from ascend?

well, in 3.0 vaal pact doesn't work with ES anymore, so you're loosing almost all leech now. And ES amounts were nerfed aswell, which makes it even harder to play ES variant. Since you're not able to play ES, witch becomes, guess what? Pretty much useless for that build.

Also, question to the author of the build. I'm level 70, already got all life nodes and MoM. Every rare piece of gear has at least 70 life. But i only have 3.5k life and around 2k mana. Are those the numbers you were kinda aming for, or did I mess up somwhere. For me it feels like it's pretty low kife even for softcore (including MoM).

Exept this, the build is really good, enjoying it.
Last edited by ydziross on Aug 10, 2017, 2:05:46 PM
Hey nice build. I want to try it. U have a pastebin for path of building?
"
Kezz123 wrote:
We do cold damage but its converted to fire.....so do adding cold damage boost or damage or fire or both?

Added Cold Dmg would add to the base cold damage before it's converted to fire, i.e. it will add damage. It was much less than any of the gems we use, at least before it was buffed in 3.0. I'll look at it again, but I doubt that it's better than EF.

"
DkzSnoody wrote:
Hi Kelvynn ^^
I was wondering if you update the guide, with videos and your gear and such soon ? ^^
And are you going to do it in the comment, or the actual guide ?

Sincerely Snoody

I'll update the guide and make more videos. Just too hooked on mapping right now. ))

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Since I'm playing in standard, I use the 100% pyre (so I can drop avatar of fire). I'm messing around with cwc - dropped controlled destruction for some other spell. It looks like I'm losing some wi power, but with vortex I think I'm gaining some larger area?

Anyway, casting ice storm and fire storm at the same time is funny. Already at act 10 and wrecking.

Kevlynn, do you think it's worth dropping something for another spell to go off with cwc?

Vortex?? I don't see any use for Vortex with this build.

Did you add Firestorm to the SR-CwC link? If so, that's a mistake and you lose a massive amount of DPS. CwC triggers one linked skill every 0.35 sec, alternating between them. You don't get both Icestorm AND Firestorm, you get one OR the other. And since Firestorm is nowhere near Icestorm in terms of DPS for this build, you lose half of your Icestorm DPS and only get some crappy Firestorms in return.

"
iOnlyRave wrote:
Been loving the build so far! Just reached level 80. Got 4.3K HP and an average damage of 3.3K so far with around a 1000 int. What HP-pool & avg. damage should I aim for to down T16, Atziri & Shaper?

Looks like you went for the Life nodes first, which is fine for leveling and mapping. But eventually you need to get much more serious DPS.

For the endgame (I assume you meant Uber Atziri, cause the regular one is trivial), I'd say you need about 7-8k Icestorm tooltip. That usually happens at 1400-1500 Int and 20/20 gems. And at least 5k life. In my early tests in 2.6 Standard I cleared T16 with 4.5k but it was a bit squishy and the Shaper wrecked me. Then on Beta I got 5.3k life and killed him on my first and only try. So that extra 1k life made the difference.

"
sheeeeeeets wrote:

EDIT:

"

SR does not hit, so it would not benefit from FP or CE. And even 20/20 SR's own DPS is irrelevant compared to Icestorm's. We don't have any support for burning damage and only a little support for fire dmg. Our damage comes mostly from Int. And high level SR costs mana and is no good with MoM. In a fight where you constantly take damage (like the Minotaur) you will run out of mana and die. Mana leech is not instant. Regenning or leeching 5 mana for lv 1 SR in 0.35 sec is very easy. Not so with high level SR + supports.

We just use SR to cast Icestorm quickly and for almost no mana, plus debuff the target with -24% fire res. Doing damage with it is not a goal.

"
xspeed1 wrote:

You can adapt the other versions' (Witch, Scion, Templar) to use Life similarly to the Marauder and they should be viable for mapping, but I don't know about the endgame. I chose to adapt Berserker first because of his awesome leech. The other classes have other mechanics that may or may not compensate for the lack of leech (they all take less damage and have better penetration than the Berserker) but I didn't get to try them out yet.

"
ydziross wrote:
I'm level 70, already got all life nodes and MoM. Every rare piece of gear has at least 70 life. But i only have 3.5k life and around 2k mana. Are those the numbers you were kinda aming for, or did I mess up somwhere. For me it feels like it's pretty low kife even for softcore (including MoM).

Exept this, the build is really good, enjoying it.

Yes, that's fine for lv 70. Also depends on the order of taking the tree nodes. I'm lv 77 right now with 3109 life and 2950 mana, steamrolling mid-tier maps with IR without any issues. The goals for the endgame are listed above. The build's DPS scales with levels (i.e. Int) and gems pretty well, and after a certain point you just add more and more life nodes. You can see me with 5.3k life standing over the dead Shaper in the title screenshot, and yes, I facetanked his Slam.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 10, 2017, 5:39:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info