[3.0] In-Depth Baron SRS guide. Including without Baron.

do you have a pastebin link for path of building for this?
What would you prefer to use in this cas:

- No Vagan 7 yet

- 5L Staff with +2 or
- 5L The Covenant

Once Vagan is 7, it's a no-brainer but is the blood magic worth it over the +2 fire? Even if it's just for some quality of life during gameplay? (Haste, extra utility flask, no more clarity or arcane surge, possibly a little tankier thanks to the option of a 1h + shield)
Default: Nagarashi
HC: MrsNagarashi or Nagarashi_JrJr
so cool
How much life is 6 linked SRS with blood magic per cast? Seems expensive to cast.

If my calculation is correct about 130 life per cast
Last edited by Medoo on Aug 14, 2017, 9:38:29 AM
seeing as The Baron is so expensive I theorycrafted using the new minion helmet "Speaker's Wreath". Basically instead of going left at the scion life wheel, you continue to the right side. With some dex on rings, dex ammy or astramentis, you should get at least 600 easily -- can push 800+ with gg gear (shouldnt be too expensive since barely anyone is going pure dex).

here's a sample tree:

http://poeurl.com/bspO

Cons: less life, tree above has 226%
Pros: phase acro + acrobatics (43 attack dodge, 30 spell dodge)

In PoB I checked the dps without any helmet.
If I add a bone helmet (40% minion damage) I get +12% to srs damage, with Speaker's wreath +20%, with baron 50% (assuming we have 600 str).

So speakers wreath is better than bone helmet at least, about half the damage effectiveness of Baron, but it also adds minion speed at 4% and we have 600+ so we talking at least 24%+ minion move speed -- can easily replace minion speed gem and socket something else on the 6-link.

And since it's a dex build its open to other dex-meme items, like adding shaper's touch for more life (it's basically a kaom's boots at this point but lose out 15% dps if instead of grip of the council). Or iron commander siege balista (idk how that would work, maybe totem srs + siege balista).
Last edited by berittraz on Aug 14, 2017, 10:58:50 AM
uh, did they nerf the drop rate of baron or something? last league I self found like 10 barons, and couldn't sell them for 1c.
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
uh, did they nerf the drop rate of baron or something? last league I self found like 10 barons, and couldn't sell them for 1c.

Yep.

Updated the +3 crafting section. Died at 97 in SSF HC to a lot of factors, lack of sleep slowing my reaction time and volatile catching me completely offguard.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Is this build capable of Uber Atziri? Assuming Baron helm, +3 staff.
IGN = pibDeath
I've gotten up to level 57 now, almost done act 7, so I'm looking to start buying some of the BiS pieces, once I can afford them. I have a couple questions:

1) Grip of the Council Arcanist Gloves - still BiS?
2) Kaom's Roots Titan Greaves - still BiS or am I better off with a rare with str/life/res ?
3) Barons is stupidly high priced right now for me, is there a reliable place to farm it, or do I just stick with a 4L rare helm until I get lucky or can afford it?
4) Lastly, my weapon. I'm still using a 1H 3-L wand with SRS/Melee Splash/M.Speed & a crappy shield. What's my best option to get a 2H staff?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying this spec so far.
"
inphared wrote:
I've gotten up to level 57 now, almost done act 7, so I'm looking to start buying some of the BiS pieces, once I can afford them. I have a couple questions:

1) Grip of the Council Arcanist Gloves - still BiS?
2) Kaom's Roots Titan Greaves - still BiS or am I better off with a rare with str/life/res ?
3) Barons is stupidly high priced right now for me, is there a reliable place to farm it, or do I just stick with a 4L rare helm until I get lucky or can afford it?
4) Lastly, my weapon. I'm still using a 1H 3-L wand with SRS/Melee Splash/M.Speed & a crappy shield. What's my best option to get a 2H staff?

Thanks in advance, really enjoying this spec so far.

Somehow I had two PoE accounts & was on the wrong one. Here's the gear I'm currently wearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info