[3.0 Updated] League Starter Spectral Throw Slayer with Hiltless

Should I wait to equip Hiltless until I get Headsman and Vaal Pact? Or am I fine with either or none? I'm level 62 on the build right now.
If you have full leech, you can move to Hiltless even without Headsman and it's reflect damage reduction. Doing so without Headsman and Vaal Pact will probably hurt too much for the leeching over time.

It would depend on your gear, I guess. But I can't see it, you have your characters set to private.
Last edited by BMatrim on Aug 13, 2017, 10:05:40 PM
I'm running a physical spectral throw build as well, and am almost done with Act 10. My tree is much different than yours, but I did choose 2H swords for the build. Although I was pretty close to Vaal Pact, I opted to go without it, and to put some points into faster leech instead. Since I'm a pure physical build, leech is working really well for me, and there are a couple additional leech nodes easily accessible if I feel I need it down the road.

I was unaware that increased melee range influenced the hitbox of spectral throw. It was actually a question I had, but was unable to find an answer anywhere online.

In that case, what do you think of the Master of Arena passive (for my build)? It has increased melee damage, which is useless for the both of us, and the 1% life regen is useless for you, but doesn't hurt for me to have. I've grabbed the Art of the Gladiator node and the first two life nodes after that, but now I'm wondering if I should continue to grab Master of Arena. The plus side is that if I do, I can grab Destroyer with just 2 more points.
Leveling a Spectral Throw Scion.
Love the build, really great idea thank you for this. Total fanboy in the first day playing it. I'm headed for mana on hit and critical strike with a Diamond Flask, Assasins Mark (Blasphemy) and Crit Multi Gem. It should crit cap more or less with 1 power charge and the diamond flask. The Multi ends up giving you something like 300%, which is almost like having a multistrike. I went Terminus Est. Also, Death Rush and Devoto's Devotion will give much-needed Chaos Res and more Onslaught. I was also thinking of running an LMP, Faster Proj Vaal Spectral Throw just because there are so many extra links, but I suppose you could do anything with that.
Last edited by Hubrisz4 on Aug 14, 2017, 6:58:25 PM
After the two Steel Spirits, what would stats would you prioritize for in jewels?
Let's see...

"
In that case, what do you think of the Master of the Arena passive

In the case of Master of the Arena the wording kept me away, for example, in Hiltless the wording is: +2 to weapon range; meanwhile, the wording for MotA is: +2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range.

The word melee isn't compatible with projectiles (AFAIK).

"
Total fanboy in the first day playing it. I'm headed for mana on hit and critical strike with a Diamond Flask, Assasins Mark (Blasphemy) and Crit Multi Gem. It should crit cap more or less with 1 power charge and the diamond flask. The Multi ends up giving you something like 300%, which is almost like having a multistrike. I went Terminus Est. Also, Death Rush and Devoto's Devotion will give much-needed Chaos Res and more Onslaught.

I like your changes to the build, considered them myself, but decided against them because I thought that those would make the character a bit too much of a glass cannon as I was struggling too much to cap my resistances, life and defenses (Starkonja's defenses are awesome). But if you can kill content before they get you, it's all for the better.

"
After the two Steel Spirits, what would stats would you prioritize for in jewels?

1. Life
2. Life :)
3. Life :D
4. Phys damage
5. Attack speed
6. Projectile damage
7. Projectile speed.
BTW, guys, to those following this build with Hiltless, for me this build was the first step for this season, I have a bigger badder wolf in mind that needs some more serious gear than this one.

And it's centered around a 6L Hiltless.

How does a Cold Cyclone Slayer with good melee range sound like? How good? A healthy and fully buffed 29.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/media/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/7/7c/Range_visualized.jpeg?version=f564267384bf4d1c71bed96f525a0cc6

And according to PoB, damage is amazing, too.

I still need to work on that, especially farm currency.

So, GLHF and keep farming.
"
BMatrim wrote:
Let's see...

"
In that case, what do you think of the Master of the Arena passive

In the case of Master of the Arena the wording kept me away, for example, in Hiltless the wording is: +2 to weapon range; meanwhile, the wording for MotA is: +2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range.

The word melee isn't compatible with projectiles (AFAIK).

As it says "melee weapon" instead of "melee", I did more research, and unfortunately, you appear to be correct:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547108/page/1#p4938549
[deleted duplicate post]
Last edited by baru_monkey on Aug 15, 2017, 7:49:43 AM
Skill tree priority question: I'm around level 75-ish now, and am wondering what you think are the least-important / most-expensive nodes in your tree to save to the end.

I'm thinking the 5-point arcs on the far left and far right (the sword wheels). Do you agree, or do you see those more as "grab early" sections?

In case you care to take a peek, I'm "YouThere" at https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/baru_monkey/characters
Last edited by baru_monkey on Aug 20, 2017, 12:04:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info