[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

I managed to improve a little bit this build. ~ +10k dmg

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/an4x15/characters (pls ignore the Empower gems, i lvling up some for currency)

~58-61k frostbolt With a proper enchant 65k

116k dps

Not perfect, still need some minor changes to be done. (14-15ex build)

This build is good for map clear, but on high tier maps 13+ you have trouble with bosses how can teleport, have fast regenerated ES or kill your totems with 1 skills. Like Shipyard map... Died 4-5 times yesterday lost 50% xp ... and cant kill the boss.

Feels bad.

Cheers guys!
Last edited by an4x15 on Aug 29, 2017, 7:07:00 AM
If someone can't afford Pandemonius, I'd recommend this item.
Dmg increase is huge, projectiles move muuuuch faster and movement speed + dex is very useful, with Winds of Change it feels great. You can even swap cold penetration to slower projectiles and increase your dmg even more, tho I wouldn't recommend that and it's painful when u're used to 60% projectile speed.
Also if anyone hates to turn Arcane Surge on by flame dash I'd recommend linking it to curse like this:
Spoiler

ignore frostbite, projectile weakness is a better curse
feels much better imo. You can also replace Clarity with faster casting or increased aoe and put aura somewhere else.
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 29, 2017, 9:28:37 AM
"
trixzion wrote:
In very new in POE, but im very confused, I cant find many og the items required for it. Fx. the fire totem still only spits out fire as a normal fire totem, how do I get it to sendt out them balls ?

Kingsfollower
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/trixzion/characters

Hope some one can tell me whats wrong (the newbie)

You need to turn off the privacy flag in order for us to see your characters.
"
azaanis wrote:
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
Is Projectile Weakness necessary for this build? I feel like the Dex requirements are getting out of hand for me. Anyone have success with another curse, like Frostbite?
PoB shows that Frostbite actually grants more DPS compared to projectile weakness, also it's much easier to use 20lvl gem because its INT based, not DEX. I can't see any reason to use projectile weakness to be honest.

Btw. this item is fantastic if you can't afford Pandemonius
Dmg increase is huge, projectiles move muuuuch faster and movement speed + dex is very useful, with Winds of Change it feels great. You can even swap cold penetration to slower projectiles and increase your dmg even more, tho I wouldn't recommend that and it's painful when u're used to 60% projectile speed.
Also if anyone hates to turn Arcane Surge on by flame dash I'd recommend linking it to curse like this:
Spoiler
feels much better imo. You can also replace Clarity with faster casting or increased aoe and put aura somewhere else.

Ooh, this sounds really good. I want to try this. I'm dying to get rid of this dex ammy that i'm using to maintain my lvl 19 Projectile Weakness. Thanks for the tips.
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
"
trixzion wrote:
In very new in POE, but im very confused, I cant find many og the items required for it. Fx. the fire totem still only spits out fire as a normal fire totem, how do I get it to sendt out them balls ?

Kingsfollower

Frostbolt is linked to Spell Totem, which casts Frostbolt. You need the jewel Frozen Trail to get started on this build, along with Spell Totem, both of which you can get from quests. Check Path of Exile wiki online to see when you can get these items. I know you can get one Frozen Trail as a quest reward in Act 5, the other Frozen Trail you need you either have to trade for, get lucky and find, or obtain on another character.

Thanks for fast respond. I have had some more time on work now, to figure our the setup. I got the Jewel from trade, so proberly will be good when I get the quest act 5 for the second Jewel.

I've heard its hard to get a 6 link, would you go for a armor rare and roll 4 a 6 link on it or how is the best/fastes way to obtain if I dont got enough caos orb for trading ?
"
trixzion wrote:
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
"
trixzion wrote:

Kingsfollower

Frostbolt is linked to Spell Totem, which casts Frostbolt. You need the jewel Frozen Trail to get started on this build, along with Spell Totem, both of which you can get from quests. Check Path of Exile wiki online to see when you can get these items. I know you can get one Frozen Trail as a quest reward in Act 5, the other Frozen Trail you need you either have to trade for, get lucky and find, or obtain on another character.

Thanks for fast respond. I have had some more time on work now, to figure our the setup. I got the Jewel from trade, so proberly will be good when I get the quest act 5 for the second Jewel.

I've heard its hard to get a 6 link, would you go for a armor rare and roll 4 a 6 link on it or how is the best/fastes way to obtain if I dont got enough caos orb for trading ?

I absolutely do not recommend rolling for a 5 or 6 link for a new player. It usually takes hundreds, even thousands of orbs of fusing to make one. Far better to search poe.trade or trade channel for a cheap 5 link at first, then eventually upgrade to a 6 link.

(I can't see your characters btw, since you need to go to account settings and click "show characters" under privacy tab.)

I got my 5 link during leveling for only 1 alchemy orb from poe.trade, it was a white item and pretty easy to get. I'm also a complete nub too, in fact, this is the first character i've ever played seriously in this game, and i'm currently lvl 89 and farming t8-10 maps easily. The 6 link staff that i'm using right now i also bought from poe.trade for 30 chaos orbs. Getting a 5 or 6 link isn't that hard (unless you're playing solo without trading); it's getting a 5 or 6 link unique is when things get expensive. I'm saving up to get the 6 link taryn's shiver, which seems to be going for like 300 chaos orbs atm, quite an investment.
"
azaanis wrote:
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
Is Projectile Weakness necessary for this build? I feel like the Dex requirements are getting out of hand for me. Anyone have success with another curse, like Frostbite?
PoB shows that Frostbite actually grants more DPS compared to projectile weakness, also it's much easier to use 20lvl gem because its INT based, not DEX. I can't see any reason to use projectile weakness to be honest.

Btw. this item is fantastic if you can't afford Pandemonius
Spoiler

Frostbite is 8-10k less dmg in my case :/ Projectile weakness is good for this build. You can get easily 3 items with +30-40dex on it cheap 10-20c (2 rings, amulet or/and boots)

I suggest to run it. Also if you check my build, with empower + doedres scorn you easly manage to reach 20lvl on pw.

"
an4x15 wrote:
Frostbite is 8-10k less dmg in my case :/ Projectile weakness is good for this build. You can get easily 3 items with +30-40dex on it cheap 10-20c (2 rings, amulet or/and boots)

I suggest to run it. Also if you check my build, with empower + doedres scorn you easly manage to reach 20lvl on pw.
My mistake, thanks for letting us know, saw your char on PoB and I'll edit my previous post to not mislead anyone (sorry @Non_Drifter xD). For me frostbite provides just a little bit more dps, but I'm still ~82lvl and my eq is trash.
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 29, 2017, 9:32:01 AM
"
trixzion wrote:
"
Non_Drifter wrote:
"
trixzion wrote:

Kingsfollower

I've heard its hard to get a 6 link, would you go for a armor rare and roll 4 a 6 link on it or how is the best/fastest way to obtain if I dont got enough caos orb for trading ?

6 link is not necessary for start. 2 options you have.

1. buy a divcard 5link staff 1-2c i usually have a bunch of them in my inventory and no one buys it... :D use alch orb on it and pray the gods!
2. buy 5link staff with +2 cold gems and some usable stats on it i sell those around 5-10c or you 5link staff with good spelldmg and critical multipler on it. 15-25c

And if you have litle bit currency you can buy a cheap bad socketed Taryns 20-40c and buy a prophecy what grants a 5 link. 20-40c

With chaos orb recipe you grind this currency in a week or so.

"
an4x15 wrote:
And if you have litle bit currency you can buy a cheap bad socketed Taryns 20-40c and buy a prophecy what grants a 5 link.

Buy a prophecy? You mean do prophecy until you get the one which grants a 5 link?

Edit: Ah, buy a sealed prophecy -- forgot about that.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 29, 2017, 10:00:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info