[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
lnconvenient wrote:
Loving the build! im at 56 right now but i just have one problem. Im not generating any power charges outside of orb of storms.. what am i doing wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, u'll generate power charges just by killing things once you get conviction of power from hierophants tree. For now orb of storm is your only way to generate these charges, unless you want to curse things with assassins mark gem.

"
Orisayten wrote:
It depend on map mods, if you run a map with enefeeble+elemental res,-crit multi,50%monster life and equibalirium you need a while to do bosses at t13+.

With no negative dmg mods +50% hp i do vault boss in few seconds he dont even go in another phase.
The waterways boss always take time cause he have 64 cold res by default....

I actually use snake ring and just one frozzen trail at bosses. And another dmg jewel, but not sure about this, cause the boss can get hit by more then one frostbolt.

And for uberlab, i do it easy, izzaro took 3 secs to lose his 25%hp....
You can do it easy,safe and in decent time.
Thanks for the answer, can't wait to reach those higher tier maps because this build is incredibly fun to play.
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 27, 2017, 2:09:22 PM
Take this with a grain of salt because I'm only a little beyond being a total noob -- but I really think Lifting's Ascendancy suggestion isn't the best. He suggests

Divine Guidance --> Pursuit of Faith --> Ritual of Awakening --> Conviction of Power

But I really don't see a large advantage to Divine Guidance, especially in the early game. I think that should be moved to the end.

Pursuit of Faith --> Ritual of Awakening --> Conviction of Power --> Divine Guidance

I'm lvl 88 and I still haven't found all the Trials for Uber lab yet... Divine Guidance would give me another 400 mana, giving me almost 2400 -- but that doesn't much compare to the constant power charges I have while I am mapping...
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 27, 2017, 2:33:52 PM
I found uber lab to be surprisingly easy as well. But then again, it took me till like 88 or so to discover my own last trial, so my gear was pretty decent.
I took the shaper passive because I always intended to run my own uber, and I didn't want to sweat the traps too much.
Hey how does the Controlled Destruction gem work with Increased Critical Strikes can you frostbolt still crit ?
"
paafzor wrote:
Hey how does the Controlled Destruction gem work with Increased Critical Strikes can you frostbolt still crit ?

It is additive, not multiplicative, so you still have plenty of crit.
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Take this with a grain of salt because I'm only a little beyond being a total noob -- but I really think Lifting's Ascendancy suggestion isn't the best. He suggests

Divine Guidance --> Pursuit of Faith --> Ritual of Awakening --> Conviction of Power

But I really don't see a large advantage to Divine Guidance, especially in the early game. I think that should be moved to the end.

Pursuit of Faith --> Ritual of Awakening --> Conviction of Power --> Divine Guidance

I'm lvl 88 and I still haven't found all the Trials for Uber lab yet... Divine Guidance would give me another 400 mana, giving me almost 2400 -- but that doesn't much compare to the constant power charges I have while I am mapping...

Yep, just wanted to chime in and say this is exactly what i did. Conviction is way more helpful to get before Divine Guidance imo.

Why are you using these jewels?
Why not put the 40 int inside the jewels radius for the benefit? Its only 2 points...
The INT only has to be INSIDE the circle radius. They do not have to be picked. I was confused at first, too.
For beginners who are looking for cheap 5L staff, here's the poetrade filter I used.

I got the first one for 1c. The second staff, I bought before I was able to wear taryn's.

You can tweak your preferred links or number of mods to be matched depending on your budget. Good alternative if you don't have the currency yet for 5/6L Taryn's or if you are planning to weapon swap two staves.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Aug 28, 2017, 1:59:06 AM
This is what I did to make difficult packs and end game boses a little easier... quasi Frost Bomb 6 link.

#1 - Don't take ancestral bond.

#2 - Don't take Conviction of Power (ascendancy), instead take Illuminated Devotion for the 20% pen.

#3 - Buy a Rime Gaze with 12% increased Frost Bomb area of effect enchantment and socket in Frost Bomb, Cold Penetration, Hypothermia and Added Cold Damage. I like the increased AOE because we lose quite a bit with the helm but any of the 3 Frost Bomb enchants will help.

Notes...

Conviction of Power doesn't generate consistent Endurance Charges and I don't mind casting orb of storms to keep power charges up. I take these points in order...
Ritual of Awakening -> Illuminated Devotion -> Divine Guidance

It's going to be difficult to slot in both Pandemonious and Belly of the Beast (resists) so I'm just going to stick with a rare 6s chest piece. I currently have 5k life and 2.4k mana (Deep thoughts)... the mana buffer is nice so you can still cast things if you get hit hard though I might throw in a herald.

Right now I'm level 89 with a 5L and level 16/20 Frostbolt and none of the boses are particularily difficult up to T10/T11 (haven't seen a T12 yet). This setup seems to perform better than 4 totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info