[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Ok so I'm new to PoE and running this build, and curious as to why I would run orb of storms if I'm using a cold skill? Am I missing something?
Hi!

Thanks for the build guide, it's awesome.

One question: What should I do with a 5L armor? The build doesn't suggest any upgrades if I have 5 links both on my staff and chest armor too. Any ideas?
IGN: Maelifica
Last edited by exqcme on Aug 21, 2017, 7:05:56 PM
I was wondering why you use surgeons flask when you are a totem build.

Do you crit enough with a secondary spell like orb of storms?
"
Chaseroonie1 wrote:
Ok so I'm new to PoE and running this build, and curious as to why I would run orb of storms if I'm using a cold skill? Am I missing something?

The Orb of Storms is simply a way to get power charges in boss fights. They do no damage, since you can't directly cause damage when you have Ancestral Bond.

"
laothunder wrote:
I was wondering why you use surgeons flask when you are a totem build.
Do you crit enough with a secondary spell like orb of storms?

It is a crit build, you get lots of crits from the Frostbolts from the totems.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 21, 2017, 11:00:46 PM
Can someone take a glance at my current setup and give me advice on how to close the gap in damage and life between the guide's setup and mine?

https://pastebin.com/YHvr2nu8

It seems as if I only have a 1/4 of the damage output, even with 2 heralds active, and half the life. My gems aren't level 20 yet and neither do I have the 6l staff, but I feel like I should be closer to the guide's damage output. Also, even though I haven't touched the marauder's life nodes, I'm still only half the hp I should have.

Can I get equip upgrade recommendations?

Looking for some opinions on the staff, I just finished the game with it seemed ok and it has plus 2 cold and plus 1 socketed as well so I would assume its OP but figure this is the right place to ask, also looking for suggestions on a new chest
"
Daxora wrote:
Hi!

Thanks for the build guide, it's awesome.

One question: What should I do with a 5L armor? The build doesn't suggest any upgrades if I have 5 links both on my staff and chest armor too. Any ideas?

Two things I can see you doing. 1.) Run a dual curse setup (OoS+PCoC+CoH+Frostbite+Proj Weakness) --> you may need to slot Doedre's damning or get Whispers of Doom on the tree or if you can, a +1 curse corrupted amy 2.) Respec out of Ancestral bond and self cast another 5L spell. Your setup would be, 3 Frostbolt totems for map clearing and 3 totems + single target oriented 5L spell for boss fights. (I'm thinkin Frostbolt+Controlled Dest+Faster Casting+Slower Proj+Elemental Focus).

"
playerRankOne wrote:
Can someone take a glance at my current setup and give me advice on how to close the gap in damage and life between the guide's setup and mine?

https://pastebin.com/YHvr2nu8

It seems as if I only have a 1/4 of the damage output, even with 2 heralds active, and half the life. My gems aren't level 20 yet and neither do I have the 6l staff, but I feel like I should be closer to the guide's damage output. Also, even though I haven't touched the marauder's life nodes, I'm still only half the hp I should have.

Can I get equip upgrade recommendations?

Tree wise, you still have leveling to do so that's that. Start going to the scion life wheel and also ditch the skill point on the left power charge increase duration and put it on the top power charge to boost spell damage with number of PCs active.

Gear wise, your trinkets can use higher life rolls. Ditch some of your uniques and opt for rares with life+resists. Upgrade and quality your flasks

Gems, don't run heralds, your mana pool is also part of your effective hp. You can run clarity or do not run any aura and slot in a clear mind jewel for additional spell damage. Also how are you generating power charges? I don't see you running Orb of Storms + PCoC or Conviction of Power ascendancy for that matter.

"
foster21 wrote:

Looking for some opinions on the staff, I just finished the game with it seemed ok and it has plus 2 cold and plus 1 socketed as well so I would assume its OP but figure this is the right place to ask, also looking for suggestions on a new chest

+X gem is always ok but so does +cold damage to spell, spell damage, cast speed, crit chance and multi so if you can roll those, it would be better. Your chest seems ok, could use a higher life roll (above +100). Since this build is life based, Belly or even Kaom for tankiness. You may also want to consider getting another 5/6L and run with my suggestions above.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Aug 22, 2017, 8:58:04 AM
"
mikeywk wrote:
I'm thinking of swapping Frostbolt for Freezing Pulse for bosses. Did anyone else try different gem links for killing bosses specifically?

i also tried with FP but not much improvement , anyone tried any other cold skills for bosses ?
"
foster21 wrote:

As someone else said you just need a few more levels to get the life nodes. You look beefy enough to do a Merciless Lab -- getting Conviction of Power is a very nice boost for mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info