[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

twitch.tv/hudi3n3
Last edited by Almost_Red on Aug 8, 2017, 12:26:08 AM
"
First of all, this is a pretty good build. thanks to Nerd bro!
Im thinking about Tukohama's Fortress and a good wand instead of the staff. what do you guys think? is it worth to try it out ?

I used 2 scepters with good cold and spell dmg rolls and one had nice faster casting on it as well and build was still very nice. I made enough in the last day or so to get staff and got lucky with getting jewellers touch and its mapping clear speed has gone up alot for sure.

But the staff is recommened unique and i recommend it but still a strong league starter and currency farming at start, but would def recommend going for the staff when you can afford it.
twitch.tv/hudi3n3
opinion on Snakepit as an alternative?
Atm I am 73@work and Taryn beeing still 30c ... I prefered to get

, droped faster casting, went for lightning golem for more cast to compensate, kept cold pen (you can feel it missing on bosses) and went for efficacy support. Using now: spell totem + fbolt + cd + cold pen + efficacy +
inc crit strikes support. Both wand are kinda meh(1c each) but they do compensate by having crit mult, crit, added cold dmg to spells. I am sitting with 5 pcharges at around 55% crit. I am going to go the shadow area to get the sweet crit/crit multi/ele dmg/life. Char name is paingoesfrost if you wanna see the shit gear i own.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAQHBFEEswVCBx4JqgthDkgPxBDMEZYWQBZvHNwdFB8CIG4qEyycLR8y0TbFO3xBlkVHRZ1JT0lRTLNOrlAwU1JVxlhtWOVaK13yZDNmnmhaaPJqQ3sgf8aCm4Pbg_OFMoV9i4yOZI8aj0aP-pUglS6XLZo7muCiAKKjo_KnCK4SrrOvbLE2tvq5k7yqvOrAZsCawfPDCcau0B_Q9dWm2CTZ_Nrd217hc-Nq6-7r9e087-vwH_DV8h33pviT-d360v6H?accountName=painguard&characterName=paingoesfrost

I should switch to daggers but for now this will do. I reached t7 so far, bosses feel rather ok to kill, under 1 min all, I even manage to permafreeze some of them to my delight. I haven't run this through PoB to min/max it. I droped faster casting becouse the projectile speed is kinda the problem with frostbolt ... and why some ppl just can't play this. I died to kitava 2 times, but that was it. I still need to roll a decent diamond flask ... crafting have been shit this league or I want too specific things on flasks.

Allso I use orb of storms + pcoc + surge + crit chance (when i manage to get a 4 blue on my gear). Playstyle: spam the totems + Q(orb of storm) W(rally cry)(both instant casts) and everything is dead. I have yet to take the +2 totem ascendancy, still haven't completed merc lab becouse it didn't feel necesary, when i get time i will get it of course.
Last edited by painguard on Aug 8, 2017, 1:04:30 AM
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
AtlasJackson wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:

I had no issues whatsoever with this as my starter build. You talk about 5c as if its 5ex.. it's really not difficult to get. A couple can drop, you should get a couple more from the chaos shards with the harbringer, trade in other forms of currency to chaos on the currency market, etc.. I don't know how much cheaper you expect a starter build to be to get started.

[...]

I highly recommend this build as a league starter. I've had pretty much the opposite experience from you. But to each their own, I guess.

Yeah, I must have just had terrible luck. I was stuck with a 3-link all the way up to Act 10. I was saving up for a five-link staff, but that didn't happen until I farmed Jungle Valley for Flora's Gift.

Even then, all the money I have came from tips from sharing Uber Lab trials on #820. Thanks everyone, but eugh. This has not been my league. Nothing even playable dropped, and every time I tried crafting the result was garbage. Even the Harbingers weren't paying out. This just hasn't been my league. Things are picking up now that I've got decent gear and Ritual of Awakening.

"
Weertangel wrote:

and @Atlasjackson, with the new orb of Binding on Harbinger it should't be hard at all to get decent 4-linked rares(i had alot of usefull ones from them) or use the spell damage Essence on weapons for a huge boost.(wait, that does't give it to totems does it? ugh)

Wait, it doesn't? That would explain a few things.

It does. I don't know where he got that idea. Increasing spell damage does improve the damage of your totem spells.

Sorry, maybe i have been reading to much stuff that it got ubscured a little for me.
Anyway, so far its working well, but might really try something to get bosses down faster.
Anyone have some good single target spell suggestions that work best with this build?
Last edited by Weertangel on Aug 8, 2017, 3:34:20 AM
Reguarding the boss kill issues I am thinking of taking down efficacy or something else ... and replace it with Elemental Focus ((30-49)% more) and loosing the freeze chance as you can't really freeze/chill bosses anyway.
Thanks for the build LiftingGuy, lvl 75 atm.
Which staff is better: 4 link Taryn's Shiver or 6link crappy staff

Edit: What abaut Sire of Shards Serpentine Staff ?
Last edited by kewwa2 on Aug 8, 2017, 5:57:59 AM
I am trying your build at the moment and I am confused why are you using both controlled distraction and the build is utilizes critical strikes ? it doesn't make sense to me
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Wow. Getting the Frozen Trail Jewels is crazy. Turned on the automatic notification on poe.trade -- messaged 15 people within 10 seconds of their jewel being posted on poe.trade, didn't get a single response.

they are all scummers,
you can buy Frozen Trail from vendor in Act 5
"
kewwa2 wrote:
Thanks for the build LiftingGuy, lvl 75 atm.
Which staff is better: 4 link Taryn's Shiver or 6link crappy staff

Edit: What abaut Sire of Shards Serpentine Staff ?

6L staff is better then taryn for sure, even vs 5L taryn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info