[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

I have really enjoyed this build. I am at level 91 now and the only thing keeping me from progressing further is finding more red maps.

I followed the build guide very closely. The only major changes I made were to substitute frostbite for projectile weakness and to use a heavy dose of cold snap.

Cold Snap may be the key to the build as it is used to proc both Arcane Surge and Frostbite.

I only use Vaal Cold Snap in the craziest of conditions but other than that, it is Cold Snap and Frostbolt that together do a ton of work by pressing two keys.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 17, 2018, 9:06:27 PM
"

Cold Snap may be the key to the build as it is used to proc both Arcane Surge and Frostbite.

Hey, I'm looking to use this build, can you explain how the above works? I can see how Arcane Surge is triggered by Cold Snap but how does it trigger Frostbite?
"
kladum wrote:
"

Hey, I'm looking to use this build, can you explain how the above works? I can see how Arcane Surge is triggered by Cold Snap but how does it trigger Frostbite?

The 4 link set up I have is:

Arcane Surge - Frostbite - Cold Snap - Curse on Hit

So all you do here is launch Cold Snap around bad guys, when it hits them it curses them with frost bite and triggers Arcane Surge.

Arcane Surge is only level 4 because it is only the mana of Cold Snap that procs it
"
"
kladum wrote:
"

So all you do here is launch Cold Snap around bad guys, when it hits them it curses them with frost bite and triggers Arcane Surge.

Arcane Surge is only level 4 because it is only the mana of Cold Snap that procs it

That makes prefect sense, thank you :)
I am level 93 now. Here are my stats. If any others are playing this similar build, could you post your stats so that I can see where I need to improve?

Life: 6328
ES: 209
Unreserved Mana for Mind Over Matter: 1695
DPS in hideout (no buffs): 29,954
DPS in play: have seen close to 90k but it varies greatly

Resistance: all capped except chaos which is -48
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 25, 2018, 3:21:33 PM
"

Weaknesses:

- I do not recommend this build if you want to farm bosses. The single target damage simply isn't there. That said I have killed all the guardians, except the hydra with this build, but it was rather painful and slow.

Have you tought about making Ancestral Protector setup on 2nd weapon for bosses?
"
4703690 wrote:
"

Weaknesses:

- I do not recommend this build if you want to farm bosses. The single target damage simply isn't there. That said I have killed all the guardians, except the hydra with this build, but it was rather painful and slow.

Have you tought about making Ancestral Protector setup on 2nd weapon for bosses?

Taryn's Shiver is a key part of the build IMO and it is a two handed weapon (staff).

Are you suggesting to move to a dual wield setup for bosses and dumping the staff?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 5, 2018, 9:22:18 AM
"
"
kladum wrote:
"

I realize it's probably easier to aim the Cold Snap... but isn't an Orb of Storms that is fire-and-forget and can also curse mobs that are late to the party just better?
A Belligerent Expert System
Last edited by Rogomatic on Aug 15, 2018, 2:33:54 PM
"
Rogomatic wrote:

I realize it's probably easier to aim the Cold Snap... but isn't an Orb of Storms that is fire-and-forget and can also curse mobs that are late to the party just better?

I am sure you are correct.

I went more for a pure cold build, trying to use as many cold mechanics as possible(which is why I also replaced Projectile Weakness with Frostbite.)

One added benefit to Cold Snap is that it gives you access to Vaal Cold Snap as well which is nice to kick off in a boss fight.
"
"
Rogomatic wrote:

I am sure you are correct.

I went more for a pure cold build, trying to use as many cold mechanics as possible(which is why I also replaced Projectile Weakness with Frostbite.)

One added benefit to Cold Snap is that it gives you access to Vaal Cold Snap as well which is nice to kick off in a boss fight.

I imagine that's for the free frenzy charges?
A Belligerent Expert System

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info