[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Hey guys currently got 2 jewels and a 5 link staff with cold skills +1
And open maps in act 5 are just a breeze. Real fun to play..

However as im hc i have much trouble and danger in boss fights i have 1500 hp and 700 mana...but everytime i place the totem i almost get 1 shot..obviousky especially in close quarters...

Any1 have some advice? Maybe focus on some other parts of tree? Or maybe some gem setups for defensive?
If u could take a quick peak on my profile would be much apppreciated..
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

However as im hc i have much trouble and danger in boss fights i have 1500 hp and 700 mana...but everytime i place the totem i almost get 1 shot..obviousky especially in close quarters...

Any1 have some advice? Maybe focus on some other parts of tree? Or maybe some gem setups for defensive?

Tree looks ok to me. Maybe drop the crit nodes up top at witch and maybe even MoM cluster(isn't that good at early levels when mana is limited) for more life. While leveling (also playing HC) i literally did not get any dps nodes except for what I had to pass through. And I literally just went for straight life after getting ancestral bond. So i'd grab purity of flesh and devotion and then finish your Scion wheel.

Also, i did flame totem until I could equip a taryn's shiver (64) Which, i think is better single target so easier for boss kills while progressing to endgame.

GL!

edit: I'm currently level 72 in BHC. Just started maps.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Mar 15, 2018, 9:29:17 AM
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

Tree looks ok to me. Maybe drop the crit nodes up top at witch and maybe even MoM cluster(isn't that good at early levels when mana is limited) for more life. While leveling (also playing HC) i literally did not get any dps nodes except for what I had to pass through. And I literally just went for straight life after getting ancestral bond. So i'd grab purity of flesh and devotion and then finish your Scion wheel.

Also, i did flame totem until I could equip a taryn's shiver (64) Which, i think is better single target so easier for boss kills while progressing to endgame.

GL!

Hey m8 thx big help so far.

Some clarification...you mean flame totem as your source of dmg? So no frostbolt? Or u just had flame totem in a 4 link and used that skill when fighting bosses?
Not sure what u mean with the taryn weapon, i have 0 chaos orb, how will i ever be able to get that weapon, and once i get it ....will take alot of farming b4 i can make it 5 links...

Also I dont have any mana problems, so MoM gives me more survivability, i will go for the nodes u suggested next...thx for that.

Still unsure what gem links i should try getting next to my spell totem/FB 5 link setup

Also I see all kinds of vaal haste / arcange surge / projectiles weakness setups....do ppl cast all 3 of these skills? Seems like a big chore to spam 4 totems and press those skills every time....??
Getting a 5-link is really easy(bought my five-link for 1 fusing, with only +2 to cold gems and I have 10k town dps(for each totem)), it doesn't have to be taryn's.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

GL!

Hey m8 thx big help so far.

Some clarification...you mean flame totem as your source of dmg? So no frostbolt? Or u just had flame totem in a 4 link and used that skill when fighting bosses?
Not sure what u mean with the taryn weapon, i have 0 chaos orb, how will i ever be able to get that weapon, and once i get it ....will take alot of farming b4 i can make it 5 links...

Also I dont have any mana problems, so MoM gives me more survivability, i will go for the nodes u suggested next...thx for that.

Still unsure what gem links i should try getting next to my spell totem/FB 5 link setup

Also I see all kinds of vaal haste / arcange surge / projectiles weakness setups....do ppl cast all 3 of these skills? Seems like a big chore to spam 4 totems and press those skills every time....??

Nah I used flame totem completely (while leveling spell totem + frostbolt + increased crit etc in offlinkes/weapon swap) it's a great totem for just dropping at a big pack of mobs and running to the next (or progressing through the acts) and stacking them on a boss just melts them. I had zero issues leveling them and it kept me from having to waste points in jewels or anything else to make frostbot viable (really had no damage nodes leveling at all, just two axium scepters and then switched to wands that had X-Y dmg to spells on them)

I'm currently using FB > ST > Controlled destruction > Increased Crits > Cold Pen and its working pretty good so far.

I am running 2 vaal haste. I also plan on getting Atziri's flask or an onslaught flask too. I don't plan on getting the arcane surge ascendancy so i won't be using that.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Mar 15, 2018, 3:19:15 PM
ive been thinking about replacing my silver flask with atziri's promise for moar deeps but idk...the move speed is nice since our only movement ability is flame dash.

:thinking face:
Last edited by RyanTheNinja on Mar 15, 2018, 7:43:09 PM
This build is ridiculous, I have 5 link shiver and 4 link belly of the beast. I sit at 14k dps at town with lightning golem. In a fight i have seen up to 50k DPS per totem and i have 4 totems up. Boss fights are the very easy, just run around and drop totems.
This is probably a stupid question: are you using the threshold stats for frozen trail? I can't see it having 40 intelligence in its radius on the skill tree. How are you getting it to proc the additional projectiles?
"
This is probably a stupid question: are you using the threshold stats for frozen trail? I can't see it having 40 intelligence in its radius on the skill tree. How are you getting it to proc the additional projectiles?

check my tree to see where to put them
How exactly are the following gems used in this build?

Projectile weakness
Arcane Surgent + Flame dash..

Am I supposed to cast that curse project weakness in every fight? Or do ppl just cast it with hard elites/bosses ???

Same goes with Arcane surgent + flame dash...do you get the arcane surgent buffs if u hit eneemies with flame dash? Or can u just dash around? Cuz in hardcore im not going to be dashing inside a group....i might die....

Edit: nvm just found out arcant surgent needs mana spend...so its not about the dmg enemies...

But what abou tthe proj weak?
Last edited by Cheydinhal on Mar 16, 2018, 4:41:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info