SSF viable Trickster Freeze pulse/Frostbolt [3.0]

ETA on updating your current setup?
PM @KaspeR_Warbands (Warbands) | @KaspeRHC (Standard)
Standard Atziri Service www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400006
"
kasperbrah wrote:
ETA on updating your current setup?

so far the guide is up to date, 3.0 didn't break anything, we just got buffs (to added cold damage and the mods that can roll on gear) so you can easily just follow everything as is.
That being said, i do plan on posting the endgame gear and setup in harbinger as soon as i can get a character far enough, i do have alot of work to do at the moment, so don't expect it before friday next week.
I reserve the right to post an update earlier tho (just in case).
Last edited by freezewindow1 on Aug 9, 2017, 10:45:31 AM
"

Awesome, thanks for the guide its made this league fun for me, ive kinda put my own little twist on the build to cater to non SSF, heres my setup right now, if you see any flaws/anything i could change in general please let me know!
"
kasperbrah wrote:
"

Awesome, thanks for the guide its made this league fun for me, ive kinda put my own little twist on the build to cater to non SSF, heres my setup right now, if you see any flaws/anything i could change in general please let me know!

yeah, this guide itself is supposed to cater to SSF and new players mostly, but your setup there is basically what i would go for if i was going to invest huge amounts of currency, have you gotten a chance to test that setup in red tier maps ? if yes how is that going ?
Not currently im level 83 messing around in 7-9s mostly, just grinding for the xp rather than risking xp loss on death, i did try atziri and almost killed her but died because my brain lagged, other than that it goes pretty well.
thanks for the info, haven't gotten to endgame yet, kinda short on time right now, but it's good to know that the build works well even outside of a SSF environment.
Still completing the story here, lvl 50, but have fun

Quick question : With Controlled Dest Support, do we have enough crit rate to trigger enough of EO ?
Maybe in the tree, I've not seen yet ?
"
Pimousse wrote:
Still completing the story here, lvl 50, but have fun

Quick question : With Controlled Dest Support, do we have enough crit rate to trigger enough of EO ?
Maybe in the tree, I've not seen yet ?

we definitely won't have 100% uptime, but we don't go out of our way for EO either, so a decent amount of time you will have EO up even while leveling, in endgame the cast speed is so high that, at least in bossfights, EO should be up most of the time.

if you find that you don't really get it up alot you can totally skip the node, it's not neccessary for the build to work.
Last edited by freezewindow1 on Aug 13, 2017, 12:00:36 PM
Small update here:

I would absolutely love to update the guide and post my setup for the build in harbinger league, sadly i currently crash out of the game on entering a number of specific zones, making the game basically unplayable.
therefore i will have to postpone the update until GGG fixes the issue.

EDIT: fought myself through crashes and avoided all maps that kicked me upon entering, i'm going to post my selffound gear at lvl 75, this is likely going to be the final update to the build.
Last edited by freezewindow1 on Aug 15, 2017, 11:35:00 AM
I hope you can do your final update.
This builds looks pretty awesome and I wanted to try ssf softcore next league, at this point Im 99% certain I want to play your build unless something major changes with 3.1.

If I click on the passive tree, it says its an old version but I guess it´s pretty much the same as before?

One quick question (since I don´t really want to play to act 5 four times).
Frostbolt vs. Freezepulse, are there any major differences in handling/playstyle or is this more a personal preference thing.
I did play some Freezepulse back in the day but I can´t really remember much about it :>

e: Im also playing with the idea of elementalist.
Mastermind of discord looks pretty nice, just link your curses with a firespell and penetrate 25% cold dmg (is it worth 4 ascendary points though?).
Liege of Primordial looks pretty nice, 40% increased cold damage and 2 golems with increased buffs.

Instead of the golems you could do Paragon of Calmity for less reflect damage taken, though that seems pretty situational.
Did you encounter many problems with reflect?

With trickster we gain a lot of Mana and ES, do you think its easier to gain damage or survivability in the late game (considering maxed gems and decent selffound gear).
Last edited by pennyyy on Nov 18, 2017, 9:25:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info