The Harbinger Challenge League

Released alongside Path of Exile's sixth major expansion, The Fall of Oriath, the Harbinger Challenge League augments the new content with challenging encounters and new rewards. Challenge leagues have self-contained economies and provide an opportunity for you to enjoy a fresh start and demonstrate your mastery of Path of Exile. As usual, there are Hardcore and Solo Self-Found variations of this league.

A New Foe

Mysterious Harbingers have appeared throughout Wraeclast. Harbingers use a language never before heard by the people of Wraeclast. Their true nature remains a mystery to be solved.

The Harbingers

These Harbingers can create and command monsters from the area, and empower them with their own abilities. A Harbinger in the Ledge might summon cannibals and skeletons, and then create explosive storms around them, while dashing rapidly between them leaving trails of fire. Harbingers can't be attacked directly, but are harmed when their minions are destroyed.

Exotic Currency Shards

Harbingers bear shards of currency types that are already familiar to you. Upon death, they also surrender the shards of currency items that have never been seen before. One such currency item, the Orb of Horizons, rerolls a map's type to another map of the same tier.

Harbinger Uniques

If you're able to find the origin of the Harbingers and halt their arrival, you'll find pieces of powerful unique items. Collect all of the pieces of these items and arrange them in your inventory to forge one in its entirety. These powerful unique items allow you to command your own Harbinger that can empower you in combat.

Challenges and Rewards

The Harbinger League includes a set of 40 new challenges. When you complete 12 challenges, you receive the Harbinger Glowing Eyes Effect. At 24, you receive the Harbinger Crown Effect. When you complete your 36th challenge, you receive the Harbinger Character Effect. These microtransactions are exclusively available in the Harbinger League

From the 19th challenge onwards and for every third challenge after that, you receive pieces of a Harbinger Totem Pole decoration to display in your hideout. The Totem Pole permanently showcases how many of the Harbinger challenges you completed during this league.

The Harbinger Supporter Packs

At the release of 3.0.0 (when the Legacy Packs leave the store), we'll be introducing the Harbinger Supporter Packs to co-exist alongside those for The Fall of Oriath. These new packs will cost $30 and $60 and between them include an armour set, cloak, weapon effect, pet and more!

Coming on August 4, 2017!

Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger Challenge league will be released at 1pm on Friday August 4th (PDT). This is 10pm in the CET timezone and 8am on August 5th in New Zealand. In the coming week we'll reveal the challenges and rewards for this league as well as the full patch notes for the 3.0.0 expansion: The Fall of Oriath.

Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
HYPE!
yay!

(inb4 19/20 mirror shards in SSF)
Last edited by sesquipedalias on Jul 27, 2017, 9:28:04 PM
no more shards

P.S
FINALY!!!!
ADDED JAPAN GATEWAY HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH
its a BIG UPDATE

and love you bex XD
Last edited by maxsyspepe on Jul 27, 2017, 10:38:10 PM
POGCHAMP
Wait, this is blue not purple, is that a buff?

"
Iangyratu wrote:
Also, nice unique flavour text!

Harbingers use a language never before heard by the people of Wraeclast.
Last edited by kahzin on Jul 27, 2017, 11:17:08 PM
Hyype!
Oh fancy. I like the color scheme.
I can't wait! :)

No offence but Harbinger Character Effect looks even worse than Razer Footprints.

Also, nice unique flavour text!
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Jul 27, 2017, 9:31:52 PM
HYPE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info