[Removed by Support]

You are the one being confused ( and starting rambling about things that are not the point here ) :

If the current state of the lab is 10% traps and 90% moving and mob bashing, and if GGG cuts in down in half by removing .... 3% traps and 47% moving and mob bashing, we are left with 14% traps and 86% moving and bashing mobs, which ( if anything ) makes it more different than pure moving + mobs bashing.

Numbers taking just for the sake of the example, of course, only to illustrate that having the lab shorter does not necessarily means that it will be "closer" to what you want.

And yes, YOU started on "closer to poe gameplay" BS.

"
Turtledove wrote:
Getting rid of much of the horrible trap game play (platformer-jump-here-run-there) definitely makes it closer to the wonderful PoE regular game play (arpg-kill-monster-get-loot).

It's as if you would say that trials are "closer to poe gameplay" than the lab, because they are shorter ( almost purely traps ), and we all know that this is not true.
Try being honest for a second please.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 27, 2017, 1:34:44 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
You are the one being confused :

If the current state of the lab is 10% traps and 90% moving and mob bashing, and if GGG cuts in down in half by removing .... 3% traps and 47% movign and mob bashin, we are left with 14% traps

Proportion of good versus bad game play is not the issue. the issue is the bad game play. Bad is bad. The rest of PoE is good yet I stopped playing PoE because of the bad game play. GGG could add 2 hours of good game play in labyrinth and I'm sure even more people would just complain even more voraciously. So your assertion that proportion of good versus bad is what is important is a fallacious argument. The bad game play is the bad part. Reducing the bad content is good.

edit: if you don't believe me then look at this thread, Labyrinth Changes in Beta Feedback. Not a single person mentioned anything about proportion of traps.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 27, 2017, 1:31:51 AM
(There was a bug (or maybe I pressed a wrong key), I was (and am) still typing my message).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Proportion of good versus bad game play is not the issue. the issue is the bad game play. Bad is bad. The rest of PoE is good.

I was hoping you learned what are opinions and facts by now.

Let me remind you: whenever the gameplay is good or bad is an opinion. Mainly because you are biased to say such things since you do not like the gameplay.

The facts are it is functionally made well - it does not bug, it works, and it has a decent amount of variety. In other words - it is made well for what it is. YOU may not like it, but it does not make it bad.

I can't help but notice that your agenda is pretty emotionally loaded, as you seem to fail over and over again to separate your opinions from the facts. It is ok to not like something, but acting like it is an universal truth is simply dishonest (and kind of ignorant).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Turtledove wrote:
Getting rid of much of the horrible trap game play (platformer-jump-here-run-there) definitely makes it closer to the wonderful PoE regular game play (arpg-kill-monster-get-loot).

Horrible gameplay = move, "jump" (there is no jumping in PoE, btw), run
Good gamepaly = click on button, get loot

So, I'm guessing you won't play FoO, then? All the boss fight previews I've seen, require you to move, run and "jump", to avoid their attacks. Which according to your definition, it's "platformer gameplay".

Rip PoE ded, 2013 - 2017
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 27, 2017, 2:07:10 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Proportion of good versus bad game play is not the issue. the issue is the bad game play. Bad is bad. The rest of PoE is good.

I was hoping you learned what are opinions and facts by now.

Let me remind you: whenever the gameplay is good or bad is an opinion. Mainly because you are biased to say such things since you do not like the gameplay.

The facts are it is functionally made well - it does not bug, it works, and it has a decent amount of variety. In other words - it is made well for what it is. YOU may not like it, but it does not make it bad.

I can't help but notice that your agenda is pretty emotionally loaded, as you seem to fail over and over again to separate your opinions from the facts. It is ok to not like something, but acting like it is an universal truth is simply dishonest (and kind of ignorant).

Of course it was my opinion! It is also my opinion that labyrinth game play is mediocre compared to Prince of Persia or Mario.

It is bad if you or I don't like it. It is good if you or I like it. That is the way opinions work.

You are wrong that I don't know the difference between opinion and fact. That is not an opinion. You may be kind of arrogant to think that such a thing has to be explained? (and kind of ignorant) :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info