Upcoming Unique Items

Biggest expansion since launch, not a single unique with an actual unique mechanic. I wish they could release at least one unique that could be at the center of a build...
unless in 3.0 there's a way to get 2000+ dex that helm is worthless. why would i use something that takes 1,100 dex to get to the level of a faster attacks gem when i could just use a faster attacks gem - or a better gem for animated weapons/raging spirits (which this is obviously designed for) since faster attacks ain't that great. 2% per 25 would at least be viable, even 30 might work, but 50 means nobody will ever use this, especially with the cull-or-ignite-required downside. i really hope this gets buffed as if it were properly balanced it seems like a really fun unique to build around

chest is interesting but until i can get 0 cooldown on traps i ain't touching 'em, that's just me and my violent hatred of cooldowns though

not much opinion on the other two, i'm unlikely to ever want to use the sword (ahn's shield seems a lot better?) and the belt seems like a headache to get working with very little upside

hope there's some fun new uniques coming, these look a little underpowered... i'd kill for a new source of explosions like quecholli :)
Last edited by The_Wuggly_Ump on Jul 24, 2017, 8:11:16 PM
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Lets just call it like it is, they are all useless vendor trash, except maybe for midget, hamster league when you start over and over to gather other, similar vendor trash items to get to 60-80.. yawn

Can't you supporters who dropped 1k or whatever it is for designing uniques come up with something nearly as or as useful as Skyforth?? Like seriously, im pretty sure we can ALL AGREE this game has enough mountains and heaps of useless items, no?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
shadowraiden wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
helm is obviously meant to be used alongside null's inclination
belt has a lot of possibilities
chest can definitely see some use among non-sabo trappers.

sword...well..the other ahn unique was boring in design but strong when having zero endurance charges. and it being a shield and having armour + life helped.
unless we're getting sets, the sword seems pretty useless. if you can have frenzy charges, just have them over the sword and a good sword. doesnt have crit nor attack sepeed. crit multi is a stat that can be stacked on jewels and on amulets and on tree. and again, its base crit is 5%...

crit multi is getting gutted in 3.0.

the sword is interesting but depends on 3rd Ahn unique.

chest will be used by sabo miners not non sabo miners as non sabo need to use the sunblast belt which doesnt work at all with the recovery on the chest.
crit multi is not gutted to the point its so hard to get. and again, sword has 5 base crit and 1.3 attack speed...and its conditional crit multi so youre sacrificing jewel slot and frenzy charges for it...nah, Im very careful to say something is useless, but I dont see why use this sword over other unique swords or good rares.

I dont know why youre saying miners when its a trappers chest. it depends on your playstyle though, when I played trappers I dont need a sunblast - prefer to play without it really.
GGG please stop adding crap uniques. It get`s ridiculous slowly. With that amount of crap it get`s harder to drop the more useful stuff. Curious about the supporter that help to create that shit lol.
please hire me as a night janitor so i can fix your game for you while you sleep
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
"
shadowraiden wrote:
sunblast is trash anyway fact your using it to try and argue about this unique is a joke.
its used in 1 build the ignite setup elementalists but guess what their dead in 3.0

also i have no issues at all keeping charges up while mapping, or do you go that slow that 10+ seconds for a frenzy/power charge is not long enough to get to each pack.

More Builds(by far) use Sunblast than not in terms of trap builds...so you might be clueless.

As for clear speed...even if you ignore you resorting to personal attacks in place of an argument, it's a 15% chance to proc on trigger. And with MAXIMUM trap cooldown recovery you can get up to 1.5s between trap throws, meaning that on average you will BARELY break even(you're likely to get a single proc every 10 seconds). Meaning even if you have SLIGHTLY under average luck even once, you're back to square 1. And...again, it takes an average of almost 2 minutes of laying traps ON COOLDOWN to get back up to 11 charges(assuming average proc chance).

It's a matter of math. And no amount of baseless assertions at my clear speed changes this math. I'm sorry you're so mad that you are completely clueless when it comes to traps. But what would I expect from a 13-challenge player who has literally never played a single trap character. Troll?

how do you know ive never played a single trap character ive been playing them longer then you have the game.
i dont keep characters around. play HC and as soon as i die i delete them including their stash and start again completely fresh.
I love the whining/criticisms from people with 12 challenges or less, lol. Never change, PoE forums.

"
shadowraiden wrote:

how do you know ive never played a single trap character

Because of how wrong you are.
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Jul 24, 2017, 8:12:06 PM
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Lets just call it like it is, they are all useless vendor trash, except maybe for midget, hamster league when you start over and over to gather other, similar vendor trash items to get to 60-80.. yawn

Can't you supporters who dropped 1k or whatever it is for designing uniques come up with something nearly as or as useful as Skyforth?? Like seriously, im pretty sure we can ALL AGREE this game has enough mountains and heaps of useless items, no?
no, we cannot all agree.
this game has the best designed uniques out of any arpgs Ive played

and not to toot my own horn here, but Ive likely forgotten more arpgs than most people in this thread have combined for playing.

there are very few truly useless uniques in the game. them being common or having little power for your build(s) doesnt make them useless
Last edited by grepman on Jul 24, 2017, 8:12:17 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"
shadowraiden wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
helm is obviously meant to be used alongside null's inclination
belt has a lot of possibilities
chest can definitely see some use among non-sabo trappers.

sword...well..the other ahn unique was boring in design but strong when having zero endurance charges. and it being a shield and having armour + life helped.
unless we're getting sets, the sword seems pretty useless. if you can have frenzy charges, just have them over the sword and a good sword. doesnt have crit nor attack sepeed. crit multi is a stat that can be stacked on jewels and on amulets and on tree. and again, its base crit is 5%...

crit multi is getting gutted in 3.0.

the sword is interesting but depends on 3rd Ahn unique.

chest will be used by sabo miners not non sabo miners as non sabo need to use the sunblast belt which doesnt work at all with the recovery on the chest.
crit multi is not gutted to the point its so hard to get. and again, sword has 5 base crit and 1.3 attack speed...and its conditional crit multi so youre sacrificing jewel slot and frenzy charges for it...nah, Im very careful to say something is useless, but I dont see why use this sword over other unique swords or good rares.

I dont know why youre saying miners when its a trappers chest. it depends on your playstyle though, when I played trappers I dont need a sunblast - prefer to play without it really.

sabo miners was typo. and tbh i wouldnt use the sword with an attack, it screams stat stick to me, we also dont know the full changes crit multi could get hit even more, we dont have any of the actual balance changes yet to anything. as for the movement skills well ill be surprised if they dont gut shield charge/whirling blades anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info