[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

sup P.I.G, it's your not so friendly neighbourhood noob who cant read patch notes well.

New versions of Bringer of Rain now support socketed skills with level 18 Blind and Faster Attacks. This change also affects very, very old versions of Bringer of Rain for which these were the original support levels. A Divine Orb will NOT update existing items to these new values, however it will update the Life values on Bringer of Rain to the new values of 200-220 (up from 120-160) Life.

does this mean it will be lvl 18 melee phys dmg, lvl 18 faster attacks and lvl 18 blind to 200-220 hp? If so, do you see this item being expensive as crap early?

[personally i read it as only the legacy version with the 3 lvl 18 supports will get 200-220 hp but the wiki seems broken on said article about this item]
"
DalekSecond wrote:
sup P.I.G, it's your not so friendly neighbourhood noob who cant read patch notes well.

New versions of Bringer of Rain now support socketed skills with level 18 Blind and Faster Attacks. This change also affects very, very old versions of Bringer of Rain for which these were the original support levels. A Divine Orb will NOT update existing items to these new values, however it will update the Life values on Bringer of Rain to the new values of 200-220 (up from 120-160) Life.

does this mean it will be lvl 18 melee phys dmg, lvl 18 faster attacks and lvl 18 blind to 200-220 hp? If so, do you see this item being expensive as crap early?

[personally i read it as only the legacy version with the 3 lvl 18 supports will get 200-220 hp but the wiki seems broken on said article about this item]

Nah, it won't be any more expensive than usual I think. It can still be easily obtained by Div cards. Just farm the cards and trade em in. You'll either get a Devoto's or a BoR. If you get the Devoto's, just sell it and use that currency to buy your BoR. That's what I did every time I used this as a league starter.
So I may be doing it wrong, but is it normal for when dual wielding that you need to have both main and offhand be the correct weapon type for an attach gem? Sunder for example, if I have a sword in my offhand, it will not allow me to use it, even if I have an axe or mace in my main hand.
"
So I may be doing it wrong, but is it normal for when dual wielding that you need to have both main and offhand be the correct weapon type for an attach gem? Sunder for example, if I have a sword in my offhand, it will not allow me to use it, even if I have an axe or mace in my main hand.

Yep, that was a new change for 3.5. Both weapons must be compatible. Lemme go ahead and add something to the guide to make sure that's clear.
Awesome thanks for the reply, the other issue I am seeing is that Immortal Call is not being triggered by Cast on damage taken, I can also still cast it manually.

Edit: it must have been a glitch, its working properly now.
Last edited by LumberingTroll on Dec 8, 2018, 2:32:34 PM
"
Awesome thanks for the reply, the other issue I am seeing is that Immortal Call is not being triggered by Cast on damage taken, I can also still cast it manually.

Edit: it must have been a glitch, its working properly now.

Follow the suggested gem levels listed in the build, you might have leveled up your Imm call too high for CWDT to trigger, and then once CWDT caught up it started triggering again.
Hey PIG

Do you think if i am sticking with bringer of rain, it's worth it to also take Blade barrier for the 7% extra block chance?

Also u weren't wrong, i got this sweet bringer of rain for 1c. (had to socket color and link, but still)

So far having a very noticeable higher chance of success at transportation in betrayal with Bane of Legends.

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by DalekSecond on Dec 9, 2018, 10:19:03 PM
"
DalekSecond wrote:
Hey PIG

Do you think if i am sticking with bringer of rain, it's worth it to also take Blade barrier for the 7% extra block chance?

Also u weren't wrong, i got this sweet bringer of rain for 1c. (had to socket color and link, but still)

So far having a very noticeable higher chance of success at transportation in betrayal with Bane of Legends.

Thanks for the build!

Glad you like it!

Yep, Blade Barrier is great! I'm pretty sure I have that half of the cluster on the skill tree somewhere. And then, when I'd get a 6L Belly, I'd spec out of it since it didn't make enough of a difference.

Bane of Legends is so ridiculous... Esp since that's about the time when your flask are all empty.
By the way, is there any problem with using a sword or dagger in the second hand rather then a rare claw? Some of the benefits those grant over a claw would be lost due to Resolute Technique, but at the same time, it opens up options for gear that might otherwise not be available.

Also, any thoughts on using Dread Banner as a support? With the attack speed of Blade Flurry, I could see Impale adding up very quickly, and the accuracy debuff aura couples well with the blind from BoR.
Last edited by Atros81 on Dec 13, 2018, 4:53:31 AM
"
Atros81 wrote:
By the way, is there any problem with using a sword or dagger in the second hand rather then a rare claw? Some of the benefits those grant over a claw would be lost due to Resolute Technique, but at the same time, it opens up options for gear that might otherwise not be available.

Also, any thoughts on using Dread Banner as a support? With the attack speed of Blade Flurry, I could see Impale adding up very quickly, and the accuracy debuff aura couples well with the blind from BoR.

You can def use a sword or dagger, like you said the implicit will be wasted but it would be worth if the damage it provides offsets the lost mana/life on hit that we really want in a claw.

Dread Banner would def be great in this build. It might be hard to work in until you get a good 6L chest.

Also, we reserve 75% of our mana for Hatred/Herald of Ash, so while we're carrying the banner we'd be down to 15% and our mana pool is already low so it would make it more vital to have some mana leech or mana on hit. Would also lower mobility since you couldn't spam the hell out of Whirling Blades nearly as much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info