[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

For end game (shaper/uber atziri/uber elder) is anyone replacing blood seeker with a stat stick and picking up vaal pact?
"
Akbir wrote:
For end game (shaper/uber atziri/uber elder) is anyone replacing blood seeker with a stat stick and picking up vaal pact?

You def can, and some have. You basically just lose the insta-leech and gain a bunch more damage, which is fine because this build can't really leech through any of the fatal Shaper mechanics so you might as well go for more damage and make sure to dodge everything.
First of all, thanks for the guide! This build is really fun to use, cheap, and the gear is feasibly upgrade-able, save for the 6L Belly and ridiculously top-tier claw. The damage is pretty good too well into end-game play but starts to feel a little weak past T12 or so, as expected.

However, upon investigating the PoB config, I noticed that the 380k estimated boss-DPS is with all flasks on, removing those reveals a measly sub-300k stat, 257k to be exact, which is pretty low. I'm sure your title has confused a few people until they got comfortable enough with using PoB, but to those that have just started playing, your estimate is misleading IMO. For me at least, I wouldn't be using all flasks at once for every 5 seconds or so on a boss where releasing BF for too long or losing fortify means death.

Anyways, even with the low damage output (in comparison to builds of similar cost and efficiency) from your Shaper-Viable PoB, I was able to gear and respec my way to 415k REAL boss-DPS (600k with all flasks like the way you presented it), only falling short with overcapping resists to the point where Elemental Weakness and -max res maps wont affect me, and also with losing a bit of life. The key gear aspects I changed were replacing BotD with Perseverance and grabbing a Devoto's with the BF damage enchant, and also swapping some flasks out.

EDIT: Your PoB is also using Ruthless instead of Conc., and with that the DPS is about the same as mine.

Thanks again for this build, I can't begin to say how relieved I was to play it succesfully into mapping after failing with a garbage quill-rain/poison shadow.

Here's my PoB at L93 if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/m8mQtTmT
Last edited by lysergicknight on May 31, 2018, 1:23:59 PM
"
First of all, thanks for the guide! This build is really fun to use, cheap, and the gear is feasibly upgrade-able, save for the 6L Belly and ridiculously top-tier claw. The damage is pretty good too well into end-game play but starts to feel a little weak past T12 or so, as expected.

However, upon investigating the PoB config, I noticed that the 380k estimated boss-DPS is with all flasks on, removing those reveals a measly sub-300k stat, 257k to be exact, which is pretty low. I'm sure your title has confused a few people until they got comfortable enough with using PoB, but to those that have just started playing, your estimate is misleading IMO. For me at least, I wouldn't be using all flasks at once for every 5 seconds or so on a boss where releasing BF for too long or losing fortify means death.

Anyways, even with the low damage output (in comparison to builds of similar cost and efficiency) from your Shaper-Viable PoB, I was able to gear and respec my way to 415k REAL boss-DPS (600k with all flasks like the way you presented it), only falling short with overcapping resists to the point where Elemental Weakness and -max res maps wont affect me, and also with losing a bit of life. The key gear aspects I changed were replacing BotD with Perseverance and grabbing a Devoto's with the BF damage enchant, and also swapping some flasks out.

EDIT: Your PoB is also using Ruthless instead of Conc., and with that the DPS is about the same as mine.

Thanks again for this build, I can't begin to say how relieved I was to play it succesfully into mapping after failing with a garbage quill-rain/poison shadow.

Here's my PoB at L93 if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/m8mQtTmT

Cool man, glad you enjoyed it! I just went check the PoB links, the Shaper Viable link was from back when Ruthless still supported BF, I'll go change that one up! thanks for catching that!

I tried to import your PoB link and it gave me a "response code 302" error message. I really wanna check out your changes, but if it's just the belt and Devoto's + enchant I'll be able to see. The only argument I have with that is, what will a Devoto's with BF enchant cost within the first few days of a league? Or really, at any time in the league. That combo seems like it would be in high demand for a lot of BF builds and the reason I love this build is because with 60c invested and only doing each map once to get Atlas bonus I was able to complete up to T14 maps.

Believe me, I don't want to mislead people, which is why I make budget builds and don't post them until I've played them and actually enjoyed them. My time is limited from Aug-June and I sure wouldn't wanna spend the little time I have on a falsely advertised build, so I wouldn't wanna do that to anyone. and I def don't wanna end up on an episode of Bullshit Builds :D I think regardless of what PoB numbers show, it can kill up to T14 bosses with currency you gain by working your way towards them :)

Apologies if has been stated/asked before, but when you list gems to put into your belly of the beast (once gained) you state in one part to put in ruthless (Which from what I can read, should not affect flurry since flurry is a channeling skill) then later I believe you said to put 'increase aoe' which confuses me.

In the end, what IS the best socket color for BotB?(RRRGGB or RRRRGG?)

Edit: just read the above post, which answered the above, mostly...

Anyways, after a point why do you still use the stone golem? All it provides is regeneration, which, if you slap any mob, removes any use for it, why not use a chaos golem for added phys resist?
Last edited by AtmaDarkwolf on Sep 23, 2018, 1:56:18 AM
I already have 6 socketed Belly of the Beast(Lucky Me). I have 3.5k dps. How can I upgrade my dps? Would you give me some advice? Because I realy realy want to kill shaper this time. Thats enough!!! :)
Last edited by IzardePedro on Sep 24, 2018, 2:47:35 AM
ugh. Think i need help, lv 79, max all resists, 5.4k health, pretty much all the gear(even high end) you suggest (5l botb not 6) but i just cannot get past the 4th aspirants path, boss 1shots me even if i dodge him(And my damage seems VERY VERY low against him, even with all tricks running and all flasks used, it seems like i would have to smack him for 15min straight to get 1/3 his health)

Need advice to get past this...

(to note, I have no issues with Tier 8-10 maps, only face the 'abysmal damage and risk of 1shots if izaro farts' issue here.)
"
AtmaDarkwolf wrote:
ugh. Think i need help, lv 79, max all resists, 5.4k health, pretty much all the gear(even high end) you suggest (5l botb not 6) but i just cannot get past the 4th aspirants path, boss 1shots me even if i dodge him(And my damage seems VERY VERY low against him, even with all tricks running and all flasks used, it seems like i would have to smack him for 15min straight to get 1/3 his health)

Need advice to get past this...

(to note, I have no issues with Tier 8-10 maps, only face the 'abysmal damage and risk of 1shots if izaro farts' issue here.)

The rare claw you're using has extremely low phys DPS... 144 to be exact. That is your main issue, but not having a 6th link is also destroying your damage. If you have a decent body armour with life and enough resist to keep you capped, you'd be better off with that rather than a 5L Belly. If you don't have a body armour, just go back to using the Bringer of Rain.

You can buy any 250 phys DPS unique claw for an alc and you would have no problem.

I see many rare claws with near 300 phys DPS for 10-15c if you can afford that, that will make everything up to Guardians and Shaper really easy.

Also, Stone Golem us mostly preference. You can use a Chaos if you'd like, but you won't be able to level it up very much because of our low intelligence. Plus I like the Stone as extra insurance against degens and junk.

Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Oct 4, 2018, 11:43:51 PM
"
IzardePedro wrote:
I already have 6 socketed Belly of the Beast(Lucky Me). I have 3.5k dps. How can I upgrade my dps? Would you give me some advice? Because I realy realy want to kill shaper this time. Thats enough!!! :)

Get as high a phys DPS claw as you can. Also, I'm assuming you meant a "6 link Belly", if not, then you def want to make sure your Blade Flurry is in a 6 link chest or a Bringer of Rain. You don't have your profile set to public, so I can't see your gear. If you want to make it public, I can import your char into Path of Building and tell you exactly what you could do to increased you DPS.
Sorry. I set it public. I think you can see my chars. Waiting for your advice. Also I want to ask that; can I change stone gollem for lighting golem?
Last edited by IzardePedro on Oct 6, 2018, 3:21:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info