[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

I noticed in your 250c build you swapped you 2% leech +rare claw for a flat added health on hit claw.

Does this hit the effectiveness of leech effects/survivability at all? I did the same when upgrading my claw and I'm not entirely sure if there's a particular need for the 2% leech over health on hit

With that being said, I'm fairly new to the game as I've only played for about 3 weeks total now (started EVER playing 3 weeks ago)

Would you have any suggestions on how I can upgrade my current gear (besides my obvious amulet)

(I suppose my budget would be around 130-150c?)

I'm having trouble surviving T12 rare maps. I usually die at least once to (if im really unlucky) 5 times.

Last edited by twol3ftfeet on Aug 29, 2017, 7:22:06 AM
Hey dude; I am ejoying the build so far but I wanna try to improve it a little more Do you have any suggestions besides 6L belly ad helmet enchant, Thanks for the great build!!!

My profile- https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RUGOR_MORTIS/characters
"
ShirtlessMan wrote:
When is it worth changing to 6L chest and a normal head?
Is any chest with high life and res on + a helm with high life and res better than BoR?

Yes!

1st have all your gear upgraded: all res capped, at least 4,000+ life, at least 300 phys DPS rare claw. If your other stuff isn't up to par, you benefit more keeping the BoR. I'm at 99/126 atlas and still rocking the BoR on my initial 250c investment. All my currency since then has gone to getting a 6 socket Belly and trying to link it. Just remember, we only use BoR because it's a cheap 6L equivalent. So it's worth to swap as soon as you can get a 6L that combined with a rare helm, will give you better defenses than the BoR alone. All we get from the BoR is 120-160 life.. The Ar/Ev, block, Endurance Charges is all negligible to me.

If you can get that same life off your chest + helm, I'd def go for it. Esp since you would prob have more armor for phys mitigation, more res to allow you to deal with ele weakness, allow you to use more dps focused uniques like Carnage Heart or Belt of Deceiver, you would have more links to work with to let you put more DPS on your totem, add a Molten Shell to your CWDT, Vaal Lightning Trap with Increased duration for bosses..

"
twol3ftfeet wrote:
Would you have any suggestions on how I can upgrade my current gear (besides my obvious amulet)

(I suppose my budget would be around 130-150c?)

I'm having trouble surviving T12 rare maps. I usually die at least once to (if im really unlucky) 5 times.

Your CWDT levels are way too high... you're probably almost dead by the time anything procs. Go uy some lower level ones anbd re-level them only to the levels suggested in the guide. This alone will make a huge difference! Also, since you're Blood Rage is 9% quality and your plan is to GCP it up to 20%, you can use Orb of Scourings to vendor it down a few levels. Just google search Vendor recipes. Though it might be cheaper to buy a 20% quality BR.

Besides that your gear looks fine. Just save up and start buying rare gear with more life and keep those resist capped!

"
RUGOR_MORTIS wrote:

Hey dude; I am ejoying the build so far but I wanna try to improve it a little more Do you have any suggestions besides 6L belly ad helmet enchant, Thanks for the great build!!!

My profile- https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RUGOR_MORTIS/characters

I wouldn't use Witchfire, since we aren't dual curse, idk if the Vuln curse would cancel out your Punishment, if not then it's just wasted and if it does then that's terrible! And we don't get much benefit from it since our bleed damage is practically nothing.

You have the bleed immune ascendancy, and also having anti-freeze on your life flask will make it hard to keep it up. Go check out the Flask section of the build, I explain it well there.

I'd unspec out of Fencing and grab Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther. Garfunkel pointed out a while back that these nodes are much better!

Besides that it all looks pretty good. You're biggest improvement will be to gain a huge health pool and you need a 6L body armor with lots of life to get that. Welcome to the end game grind lol
"
twol3ftfeet wrote:
I noticed in your 250c build you swapped you 2% leech +rare claw for a flat added health on hit claw.

Does this hit the effectiveness of leech effects/survivability at all? I did the same when upgrading my claw and I'm not entirely sure if there's a particular need for the 2% leech over health on hit

Oh, I forgot to address this, yea the life & mana on hit is wayyyyy better than 2% leech. We get enough leech from our tree to reach our leech cap so it's not needed at all. The mana on hit is enough to sustain our Blade Flurry so that we don't have to run mana leech on gear or jewels. Gemeni Claw is probably BIS for this build.
Any specific map shaping I should be doing? I'm REALLY new to this game lol Also I appreciate the tips, my resistances are ~120-130 (outside of chaos which is still -60 but I run the atziri flask)
"
twol3ftfeet wrote:
Any specific map shaping I should be doing? I'm REALLY new to this game lol Also I appreciate the tips, my resistances are ~120-130 (outside of chaos which is still -60 but I run the atziri flask)

Atlas shaping is all preference. People that shape their map for either fast layouts to level safely and quickly, or for maps that drop certain bases or div cards. Do a google search on "Shaper Orb" and you'll find a few random Reddit threads where people discuss what and why they shaped. I used what I researched and a little of my own judgement to do shape mine. I did all up to T10, and all T14 and up. the ones in the middle I shaped. I'll post a pic of it when I get a chance later.
Atziri is down at lvl 74 (deathless).

Can we talk Lion's Rawr for a minute.

I love the damage boost it provides but I feel that the knock back is counter-productive. By the time I hit my stacks it seems that the enemy is now out of Blade Flurry burst range. Am I wrong? Do I need more AoE?
"
CGault11 wrote:

I love the damage boost it provides but I feel that the knock back is counter-productive. By the time I hit my stacks it seems that the enemy is now out of Blade Flurry burst range. Am I wrong? Do I need more AoE?

The increase in damage from Lion's Roar is just too good to pass up. As for its knockback effect - it is really just a small drawback. With 11-12 attack per second (with totem, reall aps in PoB i mean) you stack 6 stacks very fast and then you just Whirling Blades up to the target. Nothing difficult. Just a bit of practice needed. Remember to stack Blade Flurry 6 times then release - you will see a greenish circle above your head when you get 6 stacks and then just release it.
"
Garfunkel wrote:
"
CGault11 wrote:

The increase in damage from Lion's Roar is just too good to pass up. As for its knockback effect - it is really just a small drawback. With 11-12 attack per second (with totem, reall aps in PoB i mean) you stack 6 stacks very fast and then you just Whirling Blades up to the target. Nothing difficult. Just a bit of practice needed. Remember to stack Blade Flurry 6 times then release - you will see a greenish circle above your head when you get 6 stacks and then just release it.

Thanks again :) Guess I'll bauble the flasks I have. Just got to 5.3k health and picked up some more DPS. No issues with Uber lab or T10 maps with BoR and Bloodseeker. Excited to see where this build goes next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info