[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

TheNotoriousPIG / Garfunkel,

Thank you so much for all the work you put in on this thread. You have revitalized my interest in this game. I came back from a long break and had to completely re-spec my tree. I have followed this build very closely from the first post, and later using Garfunkel's adjustments. Still looking for the last "Offering of the Goddess" so I can try The Eternal Labyrinth. Finally was able to beat Atsiri and getting through most level 6-8 maps with no issue. Had some bad rolls on some and kept dying to bosses.

Anywho - Posting my build here for any feedback. Still die every now and then and feel like I could do more damage. Definitely need some Steel Rings however they are very expensive with res. And with so many Unique's I really only have 4 items to get res on. Profile should be open.

Thanks again.

"
CGault11 wrote:

Anywho - Posting my build here for any feedback. Still die every now and then and feel like I could do more damage. Definitely need some Steel Rings however they are very expensive with res. And with so many Unique's I really only have 4 items to get res on. Profile should be open.

First thing that caught my eye - you are using a legacy Carnage of Heart wih 25% life reduced! Change it for the current version (without life reduced) ASAP!
Besides, as I said previously until you reach level 87-88 at least I woudln't recommend going my version of TheNotoriousPIG. Because you need more skillpoints and better gear, resistances capped at 75% (!!) and at least 5000+ life. So for now use Bloodseeker claw instead of Singularity for insta leech and cap your resistances to 75%, then increase life to 5000. Change the ammy for a new version.
Your tree is good though you can keep it. But i would take life+armour nodes at the start of Duelist instead of two 12% damage nodes.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 24, 2017, 1:33:56 AM
Thank you for the quick reply!

I should still have my Bloodseeker in my stash so i will rotate that back out, and find the proper amulet. As much as everyone recommends +life on gear I was surprised a Amulet with negative life was recommended but now I see i just have the wrong one. :)

My resistances are definitely capped! I saw a huge difference in the 60's before and after I did. Hopefully with the right amulet I will be closer to 5k. Away from my home computer now but I think I am over 4k now.

Thanks again.
"
Garfunkel wrote:

Hey, I need some help with this build. When i use path of building i get this dps: https://pastebin.com/tE8RSw1j

However if i first import your build and then i import mine from characters, i get 450k How is that possible?

And I see that our gear is different but not that much, its not 350k more dps? I am excluding the Lions roar here. What can I change? I run 12-13 maps easily. havnt tried anything above that yet.
"
ShirtlessMan wrote:
"
Garfunkel wrote:

Hey, I need some help with this build. When i use path of building i get this dps: https://pastebin.com/tE8RSw1j

However if i first import your build and then i import mine from characters, i get 450k How is that possible?

And I see that our gear is different but not that much, its not 350k more dps? I am excluding the Lions roar here. What can I change? I run 12-13 maps easily. havnt tried anything above that yet.

That is because before importing any build into PoB you have to start a New build there. Import to a new build, from scratch. Always. When you import OVER existing build it creates a mess. So in PoB use the 'Back' button then the 'New' button.

So as i see from your pastebin - you have about 250k total DPS (hindered, maimed, killed recently - checked). If you run t12-t13 with any mods - then good for you!

As to what to change - you can import my pastebin and you will see my items, skills, gem setup. What exactly do you need to change? You say you run t12-t13 maps easily. I would change the amulet, buy Lion's Roar flask, Atziri's flask, Belt of the Deceiver.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 25, 2017, 12:09:45 PM
"
Garfunkel wrote:

That is because before importing any build into PoB you have to start a New build there. Import to a new build, from scratch. Always. When you import OVER existing build it creates a mess. So in PoB use the 'Back' button then the 'New' button.

So as i see from your pastebin - you have about 250k total DPS (hindered, maimed, killed recently - checked). If you run t12-t13 with any mods - then good for you!

As to what to change - you can import my pastebin and you will see my items, skills, gem setup. What exactly do you need to change? You say you run t12-t13 maps easily. I would change the amulet, buy Lion's Roar flask, Atziri's flask, Belt of the Deceiver.

Alright thanks. That explained a lot.
Im just curious on how to increase the DPS. And how you get 250k more dps so easily. I have the same Gem setups as you do? the Rutless gem instead of damage on full life improved a lot.
"
ShirtlessMan wrote:
"
Garfunkel wrote:

Alright thanks. That explained a lot.
Im just curious on how to increase the DPS. And how you get 250k more dps so easily. I have the same Gem setups as you do? the Rutless gem instead of damage on full life improved a lot.

Better weapon (claw) - 352 phDPS. Amulet - Carnage Heart - increased damage while leeching (check the option in PoB that you are leeching to see the increase in dps), flasks - Atziri+ Lion's Roar (check them in PoB too), better jewels? (didn't check that), belt of the Deceiver (check enemies are intimidated in PoB), 40% increased Blade Flurry damage enchant on my BoR helmet, 3 Frenzy charges from Blood Rage, 20% quality on some of my gems... dunno maybe I missed something but anyway the rest is not that significant I think.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 25, 2017, 1:50:41 PM
After getting a 6L Belly of the Beast, what gems should I be putting into my helmet afterwards?
"
Mangme wrote:
After getting a 6L Belly of the Beast, what gems should I be putting into my helmet afterwards?

thanks for bringing this up, I'll get a "If you upgrade to 6l belly" gem setup tonight!

well, since I have my poor totem sharing links with my 2nd CWDT setup for bloodrage, you could then give your totem it's own 4 link and allow it to be a nice DPS addition instead of just a decoy to apply maim. with the 2 extra sockets in you could run Vaal Light Trap and inc duration for more deeps and QOL.

Here's one gem possibility:

Helm: Anc Protector - maim - melee phys - ruthless
Belly - BF - melee phys - faster att - chance to bleed - ruthless - maim
gloves - CWDT - imm call - punishment - phase run
boots - CWDT - blood rage - inc duration - vaal light trap
weap 1 - fortify - faster attacks - whirling blades
weap 2 - hatred - herald of ash - stone golem
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Aug 25, 2017, 5:38:58 PM
How do you sustain mana? I've not seen any mana leech in your tree nor in your gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info