10seconds logout time like Diablo 3?

So when are you going to add a timer on logout/disconnect instead of instant disappear from map so players may stop cheap? Especially on hardcore when most of top players is using scripts to quit on low hp.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2017, 2:54:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
they are not adding this...

Chris has said the game is build with the ability to instantly log in mind

his words

"
Chris wrote:
Maybe my explanation in the Raptr Q&A isn't optimal (I answered over 100 questions rapidly), but I stand by our reasoning that causes us to allow people to drop instantly.

We want our fights to have large swings of damage and to cause a rush of adrenaline in the player. If the game didn't allow you to drop instantly then we'd have to dumb down the fights so much. We've tried it.

In addition, it means that we're able to make hard boss fights that players can attrition if they choose to. If we had to design the act bosses so that players needed to kill them in one go without dying then they would be pushovers.

We have said this multiple times on the forum and in interviews before (as well as implementing the game to be that way) - our stance shouldn't be a surprise!
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Jul 8, 2017, 9:14:24 AM
ok thanks, then what about xbox:?
Will be there any way to do it or bosses get a nerf?
Last edited by jaav on Jul 8, 2017, 9:33:43 AM
I have no idea, im guessing xbox version will be dumbed down for the xbox folks but we really dont know much about it
I dont see any any key!
Fuck that shit mens.

It's a wanker stance in the first place.

I do not actually believe the core argument that they cannot make things challenging enough with logout timer.

Fights really should be about execution and they say they can't make a fight were you die when you mess up and survive when you don't mess up? Look at the insane amount of other top games that can do this. I call BS on this argument.

Maybe, maaybe, it made sense if the game was so badly programmed you got constant desyncs/lags, but nowadays i no longer think that is justified as an excuse. Although i couldn't say how others stability experience has been, but it seems to be quite alright these days to me they finally got some things addressed(although there still is above average desync for sure).
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
nah, the wanker stance is people caring about logout just out of spite for HC players (which a lot of times still die despite using AHK, also every league there are still RIPs to crash).
Same for not understanding item taint.

Im glad we got good game designers and not shit like D3 wow players.

You know, nobody asked for logout timer back in D2...
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 8, 2017, 10:54:59 AM
considering the bullshit going on in maps, not even instant logout will save you.

Its shit design.

t. someone who knows
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
an ARPG should not play like a MOBA.
Oblivious
Vote for two second disconnect delay!
"
I call BS on this argument

I agree. I would just add a timer and not change the difficulty at all , it's not necessary imho. It does not prevent to reduce some spike damage though.
Last edited by Yesu on Jul 9, 2017, 11:57:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info