10seconds logout time like Diablo 3?

10 sec is a long time in POE, IMO 2-3 sec is enough if something can't kill you in this time it would not kill you normally
I'm a bad player, like, just a retardedly bad player. But I love playing Hardcore every now and then. If it wasn't for the non delayed log out I'd probably never have made it to merciless. And here's the thing, alot of my frieds who join me playing hardcore are even worse.

So if you are one of those guys who finds the game too easy because of this mechanic. Congratulations, you're a very skilled player in my opinion. I hate to bring up the 'GGG cannot balance their game around the top x% of the playerbase', because PoE is a very rught aRPG and that's how it should be. On the other hand they have to make sure that all the content is appealing to a good amount of the playerbase.

So if we have to decide between instand log out or D3 style dumbed down boss fights I'll make my choice without hesitation.
"
Disrupted wrote:
nah, the wanker stance is people caring about logout just out of spite for HC players (which a lot of times still die despite using AHK, also every league there are still RIPs to crash).
Same for not understanding item taint.

Im glad we got good game designers and not shit like D3 wow players.

You know, nobody asked for logout timer back in D2...

In a way i can feel you. Why should anyone care when they don't even play HC?

But say whatever u want, it just seems so super "meh" to me when i see hc players get in too much trouble and just instant log out instead. It works against the pure-hardcore experience if you can leave the game at any instant that you just charge into too much trouble. Even from an honour standpoint i have much more respect for a player if they don't use such things, and i'm like "meh" when they do.

I'd never do it myself either and i never play HC in PoE, but despite that let me tell you no one wants to die on level 97 or some shit and loose so much xp. Similar incentive to cheese it in SC, similar reason i wont do it because i find it a lame way to play.

And for some reason those who are all about using the lamest ways to play have a hard time to accept that they are lame gamers. But they are. A little bit less lame if they are top competition because then its a big advantage which i can understand. SC is there if you can't handle dying when you play bad. That's why i play it, so i can fuck around and have fun getting in big trouble, playing like a nub at times, spawning as much things, trying as hard maps as i feel like and playing builds that wouldn't work in HC.

And maybe no one asked for it in D2 because lame PK godly teleporting chain lightning sorcs with maphack and auto-find target and kill you almost same sec you can see them on the map. I have nightmare memories of losing high level hardcore character in arcane sanctuary just seconds after the guy entered the game.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 9, 2017, 2:52:31 PM
10 sec timer is way too long, it means if you ever get disconnected while fighting, even trash mobs, its like a certain death. In D3 my highest HC character died this way -- and I died to low difficulty blah blah trash mobs that I used as my warm up before doing hard content, talk about a lame way to die, and it seemed like the disconnect was on blizzards end as well. Had no desire to play D3 after this for a long time.

So if anything, D3 needs to reduce the 10 second timer to a 2 second timer.

Basically, POE is way better then D3 in this case.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
nah, the wanker stance is people caring about logout just out of spite for HC players (which a lot of times still die despite using AHK, also every league there are still RIPs to crash).
Same for not understanding item taint.

Im glad we got good game designers and not shit like D3 wow players.

You know, nobody asked for logout timer back in D2...

In a way i can feel you. Why should anyone care when they don't even play HC?

But say whatever u want, it just seems so super "meh" to me when i see hc players get in too much trouble and just instant log out instead. It works against the pure-hardcore experience if you can leave the game at any instant that you just charge into too much trouble. Even from an honour standpoint i have much more respect for a player if they don't use such things, and i'm like "meh" when they do.

I'd never do it myself either and i never play HC in PoE, but despite that let me tell you no one wants to die on level 97 or some shit and loose so much xp. Similar incentive to cheese it in SC, similar reason i wont do it because i find it a lame way to play.

And for some reason those who are all about using the lamest ways to play have a hard time to accept that they are lame gamers. But they are. A little bit less lame if they are top competition because then its a big advantage which i can understand. SC is there if you can't handle dying when you play bad. That's why i play it, so i can fuck around and have fun getting in big trouble, playing like a nub at times, spawning as much things, trying as hard maps as i feel like and playing builds that wouldn't work in HC.

And maybe no one asked for it in D2 because lame PK godly teleporting chain lightning sorcs with maphack and auto-find target and kill you almost same sec you can see them on the map. I have nightmare memories of losing high level hardcore character in arcane sanctuary just seconds after the guy entered the game.

Yeah, so you telling me that you just never logged out if pindle sudden critted you? doesnt matter if not HC, yes, it feels bad to lose a lot of EXP but it feels a lot worse to lose ALL THE EXP+LEVELS+ITEMS/Char. Core leagues are dead and dont matter besides testing characters for most HC players. You know, maybe people play HC to feel the rush but doesnt mean they want to lose hours of their life. If this was implemented then HC leagues would truly die.
Other than that implementing a logout timer will either make the game slower and easier or make people not ever take any chances (I do not think its GGG intention, might wanna seek out another game for this).
The most exciting time I had in PoE was pre-nerf invasion, and no way in hell that would ever happen or will ever happen again with a timer (and the majority of the league players still died despite macros). If a timer were ever to be implemented that might not only kill HC, it might kill the game altogether for a good chunk of people because of the balance implications, the game is already piss easy as it is.
either way its the HC player that loses a lot from this and it should in no way bother others. "its not true hardcore" well, nobody is forcing you to use the logout, weighing the positives and the negatives the no-timer always comes up positive.
I dont care if some feel "its not honourable" in their opinion and devs said its perfectly fine and intended, either way im not playing so a random can think whatever of it, im playing to have fun, so Im going to minimalize the stress of it. Still requires human reaction, only automated shit defeats the point of playing HC and those are already ban-worthy (hell, cheats pretty much defeat the point of playing the game at all).

You know what was truly not honourable and about 90% of the D2 playerbase did? Use that one despicable site with forum gold full of botters then go around "oh yeah my early ladder enigma is totes legit" (bothered because it happened several times where you joined a pure self-found guild and there was always one or two scumbags trying to ruin it for everybody by tainting the item pool with their traded items.)
Also TPPK was fixed in a veeeerrrrryy late patch and still there was never anyone asking for timer AFAIK

EDIT: just to clarify on invasion part, I do think it was too unbalanced, to a point where it fucked up with build diversity, however I think it is possible to find a middle ground between pre-nerf and nerfed invasion. Invaders nowadays are a joke even in "everywhere" if you have any gear. For that matter, I never found act 4 difficult and think it should never have been nerfed aside from malachai

also has any good ARPG ever had a "logout timer"?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 10, 2017, 9:58:15 AM
"
k1rage wrote:
they are not adding this...

Chris has said the game is build with the ability to instantly log in mind

his words

"
Chris wrote:
Maybe my explanation in the Raptr Q&A isn't optimal (I answered over 100 questions rapidly), but I stand by our reasoning that causes us to allow people to drop instantly.

We want our fights to have large swings of damage and to cause a rush of adrenaline in the player. If the game didn't allow you to drop instantly then we'd have to dumb down the fights so much. We've tried it.

In addition, it means that we're able to make hard boss fights that players can attrition if they choose to. If we had to design the act bosses so that players needed to kill them in one go without dying then they would be pushovers.

We have said this multiple times on the forum and in interviews before (as well as implementing the game to be that way) - our stance shouldn't be a surprise!

Oh my...there are so many wrong things Chris said here that I don't know where to start.Seriously.
"
We want our fights to have large swings of damage and to cause a rush of adrenaline in the player. If the game didn't allow you to drop instantly then we'd have to dumb down the fights so much. We've tried it.

No. Players would have to think more before acting. So to allow large damage spikes you want people to just pull themselves out of the matrix? Oh my...

"
In addition, it means that we're able to make hard boss fights that players can attrition if they choose to. If we had to design the act bosses so that players needed to kill them in one go without dying then they would be pushovers.

You can make hard boss fights without forcing the player to logout. Hard fight isn't the same as one shooting the player. If the player can't take the damage, he shouldn't fight the boss. Simple as that. With this mechanic all you allow to do is players who shouldn't fight the boss cheese it by logging out. Similar to using a portal to get a few seconds immunity to get the first shot then run away and do it again and again until the boss is dead.
"
poeFan2 wrote:
With this mechanic all you allow to do is players who shouldn't fight the boss cheese it by logging out.
So much this.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
You can make hard boss fights without forcing the player to logout. Hard fight isn't the same as one shooting the player. If the player can't take the damage, he shouldn't fight the boss. Simple as that. With this mechanic all you allow to do is players who shouldn't fight the boss cheese it by logging out. Similar to using a portal to get a few seconds immunity to get the first shot then run away and do it again and again until the boss is dead.

Yet you don't see good players using this tactic, only bad players. Following your logic GGG should just ban bad players because they can't learn the mechanics of the fight.

This is likely the same reason why a bunch of casual players cry about the lab, because they can't cheese it.

In terms of OP's post. What works for another game doesn't translate to what might work here. In d3 you pick your difficulty, in d3 your local client is responsible for much more then POE. They have passives and items that interact with cheating death. Simply put if you like the mechanics of those sorts of things there is already a game out there for you. However, this one follows closer to the mechanics of d2, which is vastly superior I think.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Yet you don't see good players using this tactic, only bad players. Following your logic GGG should just ban bad players because they can't learn the mechanics of the fight.

Lol no. Every player uses this tactic, not only bad players. Whenever you log out to save your ass you used the chicken tactic. You see streamers doing it all the time. So they're all bad players? No. It's a mechanic GGG allows, so good for them. But it's lame, it's cheap. The whole problem is that Chris thinks he can't make a hard boss fight without allowing instant logout lol. He made it part of the game. This is a fundamental design issue, a really bad one. You are expected to use chicken tactics against bosses :p. And I know what many people are going to say "don't instant logout then, if you dislike it so much". I don't, and it would be nice if GGG at least allowed an option to not allow instant logout just in case I get desperate and try to save myself using this cheap tactic. I know I have, multiple times. But I try to avoid it because it's lame.
Last edited by poeFan2 on Jul 20, 2017, 2:20:01 PM
#PathOfLogout

I wish there was atleast 2 sec delay before you leave map, thats so much better compared to what we have now. People will adapt very fast, and yes HC players will die more often, but this will make game so much more challenging, that's exactly what hardcore players want. Yet everybody forced to use gamebreaking logout macro, because doesnt matter how good and fast your reaction is, machine always will outperform you.

Let me tell you the truth, I didnt died single time from 1-shot they are talking about all the time, allthough I ended up with 5 total deaths in legacy league, all due gamecrash/internet connection/electricity. Thats what hardcore is for GGG.

I feel sad everytime when random newbee player tell me his story. About how many deaths he experienced, for sure he dont know anything about current logout situation, I hope he will never will.
Last edited by unloder100500 on Jul 26, 2017, 2:47:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info