The Fall of Oriath: The Harbour Bridge

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:

What would you prefer "Seagull's Paradise", "The Salt Factory", "Krillson's Bazaar" or perhaps "Pier 1 Imports"?

I don't think there's any reason to tart up a harbour with a fancy name. It is only what will become an act leading to end game.

Generic names look like placeholders. And while it's fine here and there (we do, after all, call it the Harbour Bridge and rarely Sydney Harbour Bridge), Wraeclast is riddled with them. We have 'The Prison' when it's clearly 'Axiom Prison'; 'The Ledge' is actually 'Silenus Bluffs'; 'The Forest' is 'Phrecia Forest'. And so on. The names exist. The game just refuses to use them, and I find it baffling.

No offence, but if the devs don't really care, I'm happy to let it go; just wanted to point out that 'Harbour Bridge' is super fucking cheesy for anyone aware of either real life Harbour Bridge.

Also, while you might see it as nothing but one more zone to rush through, there is a portion of the player base who will see acts 1-10 as the actual game. So these things matter, whether you can see it or not.

They don't refuse, they just prefer to make them more generic and straight-to-the-point so that in case someone missclicks and by accident ends up browsing the message board and actually sees a party recruitment message, you won't have to come up with yet another random thing that everyone's gonna have to remember. Lore nerds (not sure what they are doing here tho) will still manage to dig up the actual lore-friendly and totally inconvenient to use names of said zones.

And again, it is nothing, for a company that relays almost entirely on data (Chris has pointed this out in countless podcasts) the smaller portions don't matter. While it might sound like a horribly rude thing to say, you can find sea of games that used to be good with healthy amounts of players that are basically dead or well on their way to become dead because /the louder minority mattered/ It's the same thing as with any game's forums, you can find almost any issue and complaint that gets more than a single reply or even just few views, to be considered of utmost importance and should have a dev response forced by law. So no, in the long run a small batch of people doing something that the vast majority will never do/bother with, should not be even acknowledged (also: maps start dropping way before you actually reach the last act, be it a4m or a10, so if even then a player quits by assuming that this is it - good riddance)
No rest for the wicked.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
HappyRogue wrote:

After you've complained about the same shit 2 years ago, i think it's time for you to get off this game and seek help.

Probably. A pity what you think means precisely jack shit on the matter, eh? :)

See you in 3.0. ^_^

I'd use your name in reply, but I can't interpret those characters :'(

Complaining isn't a bad thing when it's done constructively and with support like you provide, so keep at it.
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
"obtain data about character progression" aka figure out what we should nerf next.
Are we there yet ? Are we there yet ?Are we there yet ?Are we there yet ?Are we there yet ?

Seriously , You guys have done a most excellent job. But................Are we there yet ?
Hell yeah, been waiting for the wipe. Time to get back on Beta when it drops.

Also looking forward to the crybabies who got way too attached with their beta characters.
猿も木から落ちる。
원숭이도 나무에서 떨어질 때가 있다.
Even monkeys fall from trees.

Started playing beta in March 2013, quit in March 2014, came back in March 2017, and is addicted ever since. (inb4 I quit in March 2018 (lol didn't happen yay))
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Generic names look like placeholders. And while it's fine here and there (we do, after all, call it the Harbour Bridge and rarely Sydney Harbour Bridge), Wraeclast is riddled with them. We have 'The Prison' when it's clearly 'Axiom Prison'; 'The Ledge' is actually 'Silenus Bluffs'; 'The Forest' is 'Phrecia Forest'. And so on. The names exist. The game just refuses to use them, and I find it baffling.

'Silenus Bluffs'? Where'd that come from? I thought I knew this game's lore, but I can't recall ever hearing that name. Where is it mentioned? :O
act8 is finally out, looking forward to it!
Damn... is this thread Charan VS all
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
K
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Ghoulz666 wrote:
Honestly, the Lunaris/Solaris fight looks like shit compared to Arakaali. What's the act 9 boss? Some homeless guy with no pants who goes AFK?

It's *way* cooler than Arakaali in my opinion. One of the coolest boss fights in the game so far.

Not that my opinion might count for any more than yours. But it might, at this point.

I mean as in mechanics and challenge. It visually looks good, but that's about it. It's just a dumbed down melee boss that tries to slash you with an occasional thing to dodge with ease.
Last edited by Ghoulz666 on Jun 27, 2017, 11:18:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info