3.0.0 Beta Performance Improvements

"
Jonathan wrote:
In Wave 3 of the Beta, we have significantly improved the speed of creating and destroying objects. This was the primary cause of TXspikes when using a lot of skills. We can now create thousands of skill effects per second without significantly slowing down the frame rate. Traditionally "laggy" builds should no longer be an issue.

This is very exciting to hear! Though while it's great to hear of rendering improvements, for those of us using Lockstep mode it would be largely irrelevant without associated server-side performance increases. If those have occurred, it would be great if the balance team could re-consider nerfs to items such as Cospri's Malice. Maybe you could mention it to them?

As an aside, I'd love to see the option to use Vulkan instead of DirectX. I recognise that this would be a huge amount of work, far more than adding DirectX 11 was, but as a Linux gamer it would be a night-and-day difference even if you don't make a Linux client.

"
ZL0J wrote:
'Normal PC'
*looks at the specs*
'One of top 5 GPUs avalable on the market'
*looks for dislike button*

Hardly.

Video cards more powerful than the GTX 1050 Ti include;
  • Titan Xp
  • Titan X (Pascal)
  • GTX 1080 Ti
  • GTX 1080
  • GTX 1070
  • Titan X
  • GTX 980 Ti
  • Radeon R9 Fury X
  • Radeon R9 Fury
  • Titan Z
  • GTX 980
  • Radeon R9 Nano
  • Radeon R9 380X
  • Radeon RX 580
  • GTX 780 Ti
  • Radeon R9 290X
  • GTX 1060
  • Titan Black
  • Radeon R9 390
  • Radeon RX 480
  • Radeon R9 290
  • Titan
  • Radeon RX 570
  • GTX 970
  • GTX 780
  • Radeon RX 470
  • Radeon R9 380X
  • GTX 690
  • Radeon HD 7970
  • Radeon R9 280X
  • Radeon R9 380
  • GTX 770
  • Radeon R9 285
  • GTX 680
  • Radeon R9 280
  • GTX 960
  • Radeon HD 7950
  • GTX 670
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jun 26, 2017, 3:57:54 AM
"
silumit wrote:
Step 1: nerf CoC/lolner to ground.
Step 2: allow community to conclude it was done because of HW issues (xbox etc).
Step 3: wait until the point when almost everyone forgot about CoC nerf.
Step 3: solve that HW issues (if what was said about dynamic reso was true).
Step 4: nobody even think about asking for un-nerfing CoC.

Nice gambit, GGG.

Had very little to do with what we see on our screen and everything to do with too many actions happening in a short period of time, causing stress to the servers...so no CoC will not come back!
so What about "you have been disconnected for performing too many action"?
I wonder nobody cares about that 2.6.2 Jonathan is referring to. I am at 2.6.1 ... well wait ... i mean ... kind of ... you get the point ;)

Performance looking good, maybe also have a look into server performance in future, after so much love for the clients.

I think "wave 3" refers to a beta patch after Act8, which should be #2 this week...
Please do something with overheating, caused by turning off v-sync, i have GTX970 G1, with v-sync on (everything else on max), 1920x1080, my Gpu is under 43-45C temp, with V-sync off, fps goes over 300, which makes GPU burn, temps are near 80C
it's not airflow problem in case, or cooling problem of any kind, that is how game works
Does this mean you'll give me back my 50 raging spirits?
"
LeChris_POE wrote:
I wonder nobody cares about that 2.6.2 Jonathan is referring to. I am at 2.6.1 ... well wait ... i mean ... kind of ... you get the point ;)

Performance looking good, maybe also have a look into server performance in future, after so much love for the clients.

I think "wave 3" refers to a beta patch after Act8, which should be #2 this week...

2.6.2 is the current live build.

2.6.1 never actually deployed successfully, that was the new mtx system patch that failed twice to deploy.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
egwenejs wrote:
Does this mean you'll give me back my 50 raging spirits?

Why? They made it so 20 SRS now = 50 SRS then.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
That console port was a good idea after all. GGG is Forced to optimize.
"
normal computer...
regular user...
Here are the specs:
Intel i5-6500
GeForce 1050 Ti
8 GB of RAM

Well, GGG hints that if your computer weaker than this, you shouldn't play their game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info