Why can 1 president undo what the previous 1 did?

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Holy shit, Scrotie went crazy.

I like how he wasted time typing/copy pasting that wall of text and expects me to read it. Besides, my cookies are protected under the 0th amendment. This secret amendment to the US protects my cookies from ever being forcefully removed or from forcing me to hand out cookies to people undeserving of them.
"
k1rage wrote:
to be fair the president can only undo some things

he cannot undo Acts of congress and its congress that lasting changes, and while its possible for to undo things it did previously its much much harder due to the fact that you have to get so many people on board.

The president is like the guy searing the ship at the moment

Congress is more like the high Admiralty making the long term plans

its set up so most of what the president dose is indeed temporary but he can act much more swiftly than the slow moving congress

But with a congress being of the opposite party they can obstruct the president from pushing things through long term, right? So the US system really is bad for the everyday citizen because they cant count on laws and rights to stick around if congress is going against the president and against common interest.
Actually, Sarah, your cookies are protected under international law.
Censored.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
to be fair the president can only undo some things

he cannot undo Acts of congress and its congress that lasting changes, and while its possible for to undo things it did previously its much much harder due to the fact that you have to get so many people on board.

The president is like the guy searing the ship at the moment

Congress is more like the high Admiralty making the long term plans

its set up so most of what the president dose is indeed temporary but he can act much more swiftly than the slow moving congress

But with a congress being of the opposite party they can obstruct the president from pushing things through long term, right? So the US system really is bad for the everyday citizen because they cant count on laws and rights to stick around if congress is going against the president and against common interest.

well its kind of the nature of a two patry system

and laws tend to stick around because only Congress can make laws (they are also the only ones that can change laws and thats very hard for them to do). The president can make executive orders but those are not binding or lasting

Rights pretty much always last and they require the constitution to be amended and thats nearly impossible
I dont see any any key!
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I like how he wasted time typing/copy pasting that wall of text and expects me to read it. Besides, my cookies are protected under the 0th amendment. This secret amendment to the US protects my cookies from ever being forcefully removed or from forcing me to hand out cookies to people undeserving of them.
Makes more sense than Derrick Watson.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Makes more sense than Derrick Watson.

#socalledjudge
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Oh, and I would never expect Sarah to read.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Kinda curious about this. This seems very prevalent in the US. Not just talking about Obama and Trump, that would just be the most recent example. Its like the opposite parties president can roll everything back.
How does this help a country? How does it help its citizens? Reminds me more of a monarchy where 1 king changes everything a previous one did.

A lot of the reversals are possible because a president used executive orders rather than passing a proper law (which would have to go through the House and Senate). If Obama (or any president) used the process of bill -> law, then it would be much more difficult for a later president to change them.

Take Obamacare for example. Had Obama passed that as an executive order, Trump could have undone it on day one. Since Obama passed it as a law, any changes must be run through Congress. Trump is trying to get that done, but as you can see, even with a majority of GOP in both House and Senate, it hasn't happened yet.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Scrotie is a consummate OT chef, whether it is a searing one liner, or a seven course exposition, he isn't going to post something that is half-baked.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
k1rage wrote:

well its kind of the nature of a two pastry system

FTTFY :-)
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jun 20, 2017, 9:44:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info