Why can 1 president undo what the previous 1 did?

Kinda curious about this. This seems very prevalent in the US. Not just talking about Obama and Trump, that would just be the most recent example. Its like the opposite parties president can roll everything back.
How does this help a country? How does it help its citizens? Reminds me more of a monarchy where 1 king changes everything a previous one did.
You silly thing, it's called checks and balances in government. Like when you have one president like Obama who's so stupid, it's mind blowing; of course you'd want to roll back the stupid shit. Donald Trump is president now, #dealwithit.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 20, 2017, 9:28:16 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
You silly thing, it's called checks and balances in government. Like when you have one president like Obama who's so stupid, it's mind blowing; of course you'd want to roll back the stupid shit. Donald Trump is president now, #dealwithit.

Wow, so well written out biased and stupid post. Obama was good for americans, Trump is ruining americans lives.
An interesting piece of information: political association is determined to a large degree by temperament. Knowing this and knowing that Smiley and Sarah are pretty much polar opposites in temperament, I don't think you can do anything but bark at each other if you talk about politics. The persistence to keep it up for so long is admirable, though.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
two things:

Balance
Democracy
It's the basic concepts of Democracy (as we see it nowadays at least). Control the masses (who are stupid) by dangling candy in front of them, to ensure short term gains in popularity so you can be re-elected, without care for the long-term impacts or results.
Take that and apply it in countries with wildly different opinions on several subjects and you get nowhere since you're spending most of your time reversing what was done before you.
"
Namcap wrote:
It's the basic concepts of Democracy (as we see it nowadays at least). Control the masses (who are stupid) by dangling candy in front of them, to ensure short term gains in popularity so you can be re-elected, without care for the long-term impacts or results.
Take that and apply it in countries with wildly different opinions on several subjects and you get nowhere since you're spending most of your time reversing what was done before you.

I disagree with you there, calling stupid people who have a different opinion than yours will never solve anything, we need to find common grounds and build bridge. Reality is, people have different opinions because we live differentely, you were born in different conditions you had different challenge, the life that you lived made you the person you are and forged your opinions. No one know what is 100% right no one is entirely wrong, we just need to get along and be constructive.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

I disagree with you there, calling stupid people who have a different opinion than yours will never solve anything, we need to find common grounds and build bridge. Reality is, people have different opinions because we live differentely, you were born in different conditions you had different challenge, the life that you lived made you the person you are and forged your opinions. No one know what is 100% right no one is entirely wrong, we just need to get along and be constructive.

I never called anyone stupid. I said masses are stupid, not individuals. There's a big difference there and it's why it's so easy to control masses.
"
Namcap wrote:

Politicians have term limit and doesn't stay around for long. Short term benefits is usually what you get. It is unfortunate but it is rather a side effects of the process.
Lacking of sustainability, patience and thanksgiving, reticence. #ethic
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Jun 20, 2017, 12:13:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info