New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

"
Tindraa wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Patch with wipe or without?

I'd love to see what those new chaos and dot supports will do with my build... unless I have to start over from scratch (or not bother).

LEARN TO READ... no wipe

LOL, he probably couldn't get past all of the pretty gems in the post.

Not, really.
Just didn't click the 'read moderator post' button since it was not mentioned if the patch would be a restart or just add to existing. And, having just done so, I see no post flagged as from a mod or dev - so... I just didn't want to pore through 28 pages of mostly drivel and vitriol to figure it out.

Some people are just to troll to figure out why I asked (my own laziness, granted, but - trolls must troll).
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Jun 14, 2017, 7:58:19 PM
"
luckyshin wrote:
Guys, I've been trying my hardest in Path of Building to make use of these new poison gems.

Poison is dead. These 5 new poison gems don't do anything to solve it. I have yet to succeed in making the "Perfect Agony" keystone actually add damage... Even with maximum investment in Poison nodes as an Assassin.

The only gem that I think might be beneficial is Vile Toxins, since it adds HIT damage per poison - now that everyone's poison damage will be a laughable tickle, the more damage from Vile Toxins would actually get you some additional DPS from poison.

And think about this people: On any non-starforge crit build, Added Lightning Damage or Physical to Lightning will always be better than Brutality. Applying Shock is +50% more damage, and you can add lightning damage without even using a gem link(using heralds, vinktars, items) . In almost every situation you're better off just applying Shock in some way, and using a different support gem ( increased critical damage, conc. effect, controlled destruction, etc) instead of Brutality.

honestly, please try to make it work - in Beta or in Path of Building. I'd love to be proven wrong. From what I can tell, Poison is dead, and thus the majority of these gems are useless, which is honestly really sad.

The combination of Viper Strike + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Vile Toxin (49% more DOT) + Deadly Ailment (89% more DOT) and Void Manipulation (39% more Chaos) is pretty great. Its about 3.9 times the DOT damage. The keystone Perfect Agony really shines when you forget about hit damage completely. With around 300% crit multi on an Assassin with 90% + crit you get about 225% applied to DOTs, so the damage is now 12.7 times the base. This is without any increased damage. It get pretty high and really shines in the back end. Taking TOXIC DELIVERY ascendancy eventually will make it 25.7 times the damage on crit...

I have a 4 link life based Assassin (lvl 58) in the Beta using Viper Strike + Multi-strike + Melee Splash + Added Crit chance, using the Assassin mark curse and even this, at around 50% crit chance is enough to make Perfect Agony usable. I have found it's best to use +life on hit claws rather than Vaal pact to sustain regen as my life leech is too low to make Vaal pact worthwhile yet. On the plus side that means I can run Blood-Rage now more comfortably.

I think they probably need to look at Rapid Decay soon however. It seems to be overshadowed by the newer gems. Maybe a greater more multiplier (around 60% rather than 39%) and a greater reduced duration (close to 30% rather than 15%). Really needs to stack the front end damage to be worth a gem spot given the new options.
Last edited by bluetalon on Jun 14, 2017, 8:23:20 PM
yay, more fire suport gems....

fking sarcasms!!
Efficacy seems broken, it will outshine rapid decay completely.

Decay also seems overpowered as hell, it's basically an active skill gem by itself, but the more important question I have is if the decay is applied with EVERY supported skill, including channeling skills, and not just hits like in the case of essence of delirium, where it clearly states that only hits apply decay.
awesome O.O
people are seemingly forgetting that poison burn and bleed are being changed so they're not based off initial hit damage.

see the development manifesto for those changes. my question is, are those changes active in the beta? im not sure
"
Wazz72 wrote:
All these new support, but I'll still only have a 6L (5L more realistically).

One thing about Brutality, dunno if it's worth for most builds to use it and drop Hatred+HoA - in favor of what? Haste +Blasphemy smth? ... prob only in ele reflect maps...

Yeah, a big problem is that going full physical damage is setting yourself up to gut yourself even more; With half ele/half Physical builds using Hatred+HOA, you divided up your damage to avoid chunking yourself so easily. But with brutality, you're basically begging to crit your face off.
Chance to Bleed Support

Pillar of the Caged God
"
KaseyM21 wrote:
"
aleksandor wrote:

Bleed is affected SOLELY by the weapon's physical damage now-- what the skill's physical damage is is what the bleed's damage will be based on. There's no double dipping like before.
So it doesn't matter if the Physical support only affects Melee, since melee is the only thing that will dictate the bleed damage of the skill.

As far as I know, it still goes through modifiers. It just doesn't go through them after the hit went through them but has it's own damage to go off of. So if you have 30% physical damage and 30% Physical Damage with swords.

The skill will go through both modifiers. However, the bleed will take it's base damage based on weapon damage and go through the 30% physical damage only as that is the only mod in this case that would effect it.

I just now tested this in beta. 8% increased physical damage effected my bleed damage. but 15% physical Damage with swords did nothing. I would assume this to be true w/melee damage as well as bleed is not melee and does not get effect it.

So wait, does that mean that a keystone like Butchery ("25% increased physical damage with two handed melee weapons") Will have ZERO effect on bleed damage? because if only flat "+% physical damage" effects increase bleed damage, does that mean that all nodes that increase "melee physical damage", and strength itself, won't increase Bleed?

Last edited by aleksandor on Jun 14, 2017, 10:24:07 PM
Looks like some numbers are going up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info